Author Topic: DUmmies discover 1099 requirement.  (Read 2311 times)

Offline thundley4

DUmmies discover 1099 requirement.
« on: July 28, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
Leopolds Ghost   (1000+ posts)           Wed Jul-28-10 04:33 AM
Original message
Health Care Act includes provision to force Self Employed to report their purchases to IRS

On their 1099. (All purchases over $600 a year)

As a way to help "pay for" the massive giveaway of funds to create a private trust of insurance cos.

that Americans who do not know how to object (there are several allowable objections for the
uninsured to avoid the $1000 fine) will be fined for not purchasing... goods (commoditized insurance) from.

Bye-bye personal information, it is now the business of the State what you buy and from whom
(including commoditized insurance, a supposedly private contract with a supposedly private entity).

It also punitively targets people who invest in gold, See this thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8830492

ixion   (1000+ posts)             Wed Jul-28-10 06:32 AM
Response to Original message
1. Yep. It was devastatingly stupid to pass that so-called 'reform' bill as it was written

and we're seeing the results of that now.

Hey DUmmie.  I hate to say we told you so, well, no I don't. We told you this was a bad bill.

AnArmyVeteran   (1000+ posts)             Wed Jul-28-10 01:05 PM
Response to Reply #1
40. Who put this in the bill? Was it a republican poison pill?   

It's easy for your opponents to slip things in any huge bill that will go unnoticed until later when it's too late. Are there any ways to track the sources/authors of every part of a bill? I know at this point it doesn't matter because democrats will get the blame for every line in the bill even if they didn't write this part of it. I'm not saying republicans did this but I'm sure they used every legislative trick to sabatogue the bill. They want our government, our country and democrats to fail and they couldn't care less if they destroyed the country.

Don't blame the GOP, this is all the Dems travesty.

quaker bill (1000+ posts)           Wed Jul-28-10 07:46 AM
Response to Reply #2
5. Jewelers and gold traders

understand that this provision applies to folks trading in physical commodities, such as gold and coins. Currently, if I trade in financial instruments, such as stocks and bonds, the proceeds paid out to me must be reported on a 1099. However, if I similarly trade in bullion or coin, the proceeds are not reported. The new law will require reporting of these proceeds which will then be taxed to the extent capital gains were made on the transaction. You were always required to report such gains on your 1040 and pay taxes on them, but without the 1099 from the buyer, the IRS would have a difficult time proving you had such income, under this law this sort of income will be easier to track.

Glenn Beck's gold traders are furious. However, all reports aside, this is not a new tax, you were always supposed to report this sort of gain and pay taxes on it. It will now just be easier to tell if you are cheating.

It also let's the government know who to confiscate the gold from.

Leopolds Ghost   (1000+ posts)           Wed Jul-28-10 11:31 AM
Response to Reply #5
23. This has nothing to do with Glenn Beck. It's not restricted to gold, and Dems buy gold too.

But thanks for absorbing the talking points -- do you LISTEN to Glenn Beck? I haven't heard or read what that guy's opinion is in 5 years. About anything.

Of course this sort of logic implies that if something hurts Republicans or helps members of YOUR party than it is good.

I guess self-employed people are not supposed to be Democrats.

Or you feel they should pay a capital gains tax on EVERY TRANSACTION they make.

Evil Capitalists Must Suffer.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: DUmmies discover 1099 requirement.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »
AnArmyVeteran   (1000+ posts)             
Wed Jul-28-10 01:05 PM
Response to Reply #1

Karl Rove, you magnificent bastard!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:36:53 PM »
Quaker Bill obviously doesn't understand what is and isn't on a 1099.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »
Yeah, he confused me, too.  Huh?  But setting that aside, this is outrageous.  Can you imagine the amount of record keeping this generates?  Everything over $600 from everybody in the country?  Just imagine that for a minute.  
We have GOT TO REPEAL THIS PIECE OF SHIT.  

I just dashed off an angry letter to Bill Owens.  He's a newbie, so he still reads his mail.  I got an autoresponse saying "Thank you again for contacting me. My door is always open."  I doubt it. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:52:42 PM by Karin »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 01:08:05 PM »
We have GOT TO REPEAL THIS PIECE OF SHIT.  

:yeahthat:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
It's actually worth it to row over and read the thread.  Phoebe Loosinhouse is kicking ass and taking names.  Here's a rare issue where we can unite with the DUmmies.  Except for those going  :lalala: because they can't bear to criticize anything with a D attached to it. 

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »
Safe to say that there is no longer a media but rather an in the open propaganda arm for fascism.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:33:29 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »
I'm a small business and I took a look at my 2009 purchases and if this were in effect this year I would need to acquire EIN's for 22 companies that I did over $600.00 in business last year.  Three of them aren't US companies!

Idiots.  :banghead:

Just what I need.  More paperwork.

Just think how may millions of 1099's are going to filed next year.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
Do they get the picture that this is a new avenue to TAX those that are predominately under Os 250,000 threshold?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm an independent contractor. I don't get W-2's, I only get 1099's.

I don't get one, if I make less than $600 from a particular company, but I still have to keep track of how much I make from each company and pay tax on it.

I pay Verizon well over $600 in a year in deductible business expenses....does that mean I now have to get a 1099 from them? And pay additional taxes? I already pay them a flippin' fortune (relatively speaking) in local, state, federal and any other tax they tack on to my bill!!

Right now, if I only sell foreclosures, I don't have to advertise them in print media. When I advertise fair market properties, I do have to. $600 is gone in a heartbeat. Taxes are added to the bill from the newspaper. Does this mean I have to pay more?

Like any self-employed person, I already pay both employer/employee taxes.

I sure HOPE that all those a**h**** are liking this Hope & Change crap they voted in, and are getting screwed over as much as those of us who didn't!!  :maddernhell:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
Daily Caller

There's the link to the article in the Daily Caller about it.  There are currently 3 bills afoot to carve that out and shitcan it.  BTW, it would be 2012.  Write your congresscritter about this one, please!!!  

(debk, you would be preparing a 1099 for Verizon and sending it to them, as income to them.  You wouldn't be taxed on it, it's your deduction.  Just sit and contemplate the paper required for all this nationwide.  Goodbye rainforests.) 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »
Daily Caller

There's the link to the article in the Daily Caller about it.  There are currently 3 bills afoot to carve that out and shitcan it.  BTW, it would be 2012.  Write your congresscritter about this one, please!!!  

(debk, you would be preparing a 1099 for Verizon and sending it to them, as income to them.  You wouldn't be taxed on it, it's your deduction.  Just sit and contemplate the paper required for all this nationwide.  Goodbye rainforests.) 

Thanks Karin, I reversed what I read.  :thatsright:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »
Response to Reply #1

Why would it matter who put it in the bill?  Didn't we say 'Read The Bill'?  The Dems voted this piece of shit in ALL BY THEMSELVES and they will pay the political price for it.  Do I feel badly for them .... NOPE!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »
AnArmyVeteran needs to brush up on Civics 101. The short version is that the minority party really can't write anything into any bill, since everything is worked through committees that are staffed by the majority party.

So, if a Republican inserted this 'poison pill' - it was with the express understanding and permission of the Democrats.

Unless, you think that maybe some evil knuckledraggin' rethuglikkkan skulked into chambers in the wee hours, and replaced pages 1186 to 1188 in the bill without anybody knowing. The only way this would happen would be in a comedic movie starring Will Ferrell as an evil politician.

Hey, Pelosi warned you -- she said we would find out what's in the bill after it gets passed. Surprise !!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:15 AM »
I'm a small business and I took a look at my 2009 purchases and if this were in effect this year I would need to acquire EIN's for 22 companies that I did over $600.00 in business last year.  Three of them aren't US companies!

Idiots.  :banghead:

Just what I need.  More paperwork.

Just think how may millions of 1099's are going to filed next year.

From what I've heard, the amount of 1099's filed will increase at least 10 fold.

Now, somebody tell me just HOW is "health care reform" supposed to save money?  I keep forgetting.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 07:13:38 AM »
10 fold?  10 fold?  Probably more like 1,000 ++++ fold.  The small biz where I work has, I'm guessing, 500 vendors.  And we're just a 100 employee place.  Think of all the businesses in this big country.  A million fold?  More?

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »
Remember this?  Of course you do.  I sent a rant to my congresscritter, and he just sent a newsletter out.  He said this:

Last week, I was proud to work with Congressman Scott Murphy to introduce H.R. 5982, the Small Business Tax Relief Act.  If passed, the legislation would eliminate a reporting requirement, contained in the recent health care reform bill, which would require small business owners to report to the IRS any vendor payment more than $600. While the reporting requirement provision included in health care reform is not scheduled to take effect until 2012, I believe we should reverse it before it takes effect so that we can give our entrepreneurs the tools they need to hire and expand. 

Of course, I want the whole shitbomb repealed, but this is a start.  Thought I'd update you. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »
AnArmyVeteran   (1000+ posts)             Wed Jul-28-10 01:05 PM
Response to Reply #1

It's easy for your opponents to slip things in any huge bill that will go unnoticed until later when it's too late. Are there any ways to track the sources/authors of every part of a bill? I know at this point it doesn't matter because democrats will get the blame for every line in the bill even if they didn't write this part of it. I'm not saying republicans did this but I'm sure they used every legislative trick to sabatogue the bill. They want our government, our country and democrats to fail and they couldn't care less if they destroyed the country.

First off, Army Vet my rosy red ass!

Second, hey stooooopid, fly back from Uranus via your "flux capacitor" driven mentally retarded mind, and please note: They frikkin' locked the doors on Repubs, while they wrote this travesty in private! Then, didn't even allow enough time for their own people, who weren't in on it, to read the POS before they passed it!!!!!!!!! Don't believe me? Look it the **** up! Should be no problem for the smartest most intelligencier person on the planet!

Third, hows life on the other side of the "Looking Glass"??? My dogs have more class when they wallow in horse shit! Way more intelligence, too, but that's a given since you reside on Skin's Island which is held afloat by nothin' more than DemonCrap.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
Response to Reply #1

Sorry DUmmie. 

Stretch Pelosi completely shut out the Republicans from having anything to do with this train wreck.

It's all yours.  You don't get to rewrite history on this.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »
Of course he doesn't know that; he doesn't know anything.  He ranks as one of the stupidest people over there.  Ignorant, uninformed, childlike intellect.  I think he's definitely going on my list.