Author Topic: "HITLER 2.0's CHIEF OF STAFF, STEVE BANNON, IS AN ANTI-SEMITE!!1!"  (Read 655 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
TuslaUltra (51 posts)

ADL has 'serious concerns' whether Ellison can lead DNC

Interesting article from Politico:

ADL, in a statement from CEO Jonathan Greenblatt, points to Ellison saying in a 2010 speech in reference to Israel that "The United States foreign policy in the Middle East is governed by what is good or bad through a country of 7 million people. A region of 350 million all turns on a country of 7 million. Does that make sense? Is that logic? Right? When the Americans who trace their roots back to those 350 million get involved, everything changes."

"New information recently has come to light that raises serious concerns about whether Rep. Ellison faithfully could represent the Democratic Party’s traditional support for a strong and secure Israel," Greenblatt said in a statement.

Greenblatt went on to say that "Rep. Ellison’s remarks are both deeply disturbing and disqualifying."

I thought for a while it was just a smear campaign against Ellison, but if the ADL, a great anti-racism organization is against this guy, its kind of hard to make him DNC chair if we've attacked Bannon, right? And no, one team having anti-Semites at the top doesn't make it right for another team to.

guillaumeb (8,058 posts)

1. Ellison made the unforgiveable mistake of telling an inconvenient truth.

And he must be punished for that truth telling.

WhiteTara (18,475 posts)

2. Yep. Sometimes discretion

is the better part of valor. Walk softly and carry a big stick. Don't scare the children.

guillaumeb (8,058 posts)

3. And remember where the bribes come from.

Sorry, I meant political donations.

mythology (6,126 posts)

26. To clarify

Are you saying Israel or Jewish people are bribing American politicians? Without some sort of proof and context, that plays into some very bad stereotypes.

guillaumeb (8,058 posts)

71. When they attempt to influence US policy and frame what is considered acceptable thought

they owe us all at least the appearance of even handed behavior.

Liberals who are outraged at Ellison's comments but ignore human rights violations committed by the State of Israel seem to me to be guilty of quite selective outrage.

Israel treats the Arabs better than the Arabs treat each other or anyone else.

marybourg (3,015 posts)

27. You weren't talking about Israel.

You were talking about political donations. That means U.S. citizens. Your posts on this thread are offensive in the extreme and I suggest you delete them.

For the life of me I cannot understand why American Jews support a party that has, at best, been so bitterly divided as to how to treat Jews.

Come to the GOP where we aren't divided and are actually appreciative of Israel.

WhiteTara (18,475 posts)

59. Like why are we so attached to Israel?

I was alive during Golda Meir (sp?) and her fervent plea for help, but why does that mean that we can only be THEIR friend?

leftynyc (21,573 posts)

80. WTF are you talking about?

We give Egypt billions also. We are allied with Jordan and do business with Lebanon when warranted. We wont even get into how much money goes to Saudi Arabia and the rest of the gulf states. Why do so many here want to PRETEND it's only Israel that benefits from the US? It's an ignorant lie.

DanTex (16,431 posts)

13. This has nothing to do with anti-Semitism, and is in no way comparable to Steve Bannon.

We need to get over the thing where anytime anyone voices an opinion about US policy towards Israel they get labeled an anti-Semite.

You're an anti-Semite because you fabricate crimes against the Jewish people while ignoring genuine crimes by those who wish to exterminate the Jewish people.

TuslaUltra (51 posts)

16. accusing America's foreign policy of being "controlled" by a much smaller and less wealthier

and less powerful country does not compute. Except to conspiracy theory.

DanTex (16,431 posts)

19. Why did you put the word "controlled" in quotes?

::)

Hong Kong Cavalier (3,823 posts)

28. This is looking like a smear campaign by an islamophobic conspiracy theorist

Named Steven Emerson:

http://theslot.jezebel.com/one-man-trying-to-take-down-dnc-chair-candidate-keith-e-1789577579

Founded in 1995, the non-profit Investigative Project on Terrorism presents itself as “the world’s most comprehensive data center on radical Islamic terrorist groups.” However, its founder, Steve Emerson, has claimed that the Obama administration “extensively collaborates” with the Muslim Brotherhood and has propagated the lie that there are “no-go zones” all over Europe due to Muslim immigration. He is, nevertheless, a regular on Fox News. In January 2015, after saying that, in parts of London, Muslim religious police beat anyoneh not wearing “religious Muslim attire,” British Prime Minister David Cameron described Emerson as “clearly a complete idiot.”

(Emphasis mine)

Here's the SPLC's take on Emerson:

https://www.splcenter.org/20161025/journalists-manual-field-guide-anti-muslim-extremists#emerson

In 1997, Emerson was accused of giving The Associated Press documents he claimed were from the FBI but were really written by him. The Tennessean reported in October 2010 that in 2008, Emerson’s nonprofit Investigative Project on Terrorism “paid $3,390,000 to SAE Productions for ‘management services.’ Emerson is SAE’s sole officer.” The paper quoted Ken Berger, president of Charity Navigator, saying, “Basically, you have a nonprofit acting as a front organization, and all that money going to a for-profit,” he said. “It’s wrong. This is off the charts.”

Could Ellison's speech be problematic? Perhaps. But the ADL's falling for a conspiracy theorist's lies in this.

And Schumer's still standing by Ellison:

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/804460430785650689/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

jfern (5,133 posts)

30. How dare he not be a 100% shill for Israel?

baldguy (36,198 posts)

37. And the RW-generated Ellison hatred keeps on coming.

How long before you promote the idea of rounding up all the Muslims & putting them in camps?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512637333
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: "HITLER 2.0's CHIEF OF STAFF, STEVE BANNON, IS AN ANTI-SEMITE!!1!"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 05:20:52 AM »
Please dumbocrats,I beg you to put a muzzie terrorist lover in as the party head.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 07:36:43 AM »
DanTex (16,431 posts)

13. This has nothing to do with anti-Semitism, and is in no way comparable to Steve Bannon.

We need to get over the thing where anytime anyone voices an opinion about US policy towards Israel they get labeled an anti-Semite.

Deflection attempted and rejected, evidently.

baldguy (36,198 posts)

37. And the RW-generated Ellison hatred keeps on coming.

How long before you promote the idea of rounding up all the Muslims & putting them in camps?

The ADL is "R(ight-)W(ing)? What has this character been stuffing in his :stoner: ? The ADL tried labeling Steve Bannon an antisemite, got it jammed down their throat, and then snarlingly admitted they had no actual evidence of Bannon's supposed antisemitism. This came down when DU was in shut-down, otherwise it would have been very entertaining. And I was prepared:

http://lidblog.com/if-steve-bannon-is-an-anti-semite-why-cant-i-find-any-anti-semitism/

http://zoa.org/2016/11/10342353-zoa-criticizes-adl-for-falsely-alleging-trump-advisor-bannon-is-anti-semitic/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/14/stephen-k-bannon-friend-jewish-people-defender-israel/
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »
The quotes includes a question regarding rounding up mahometans and putting them in camps.

I'm in favor.

Only because transport to their hell-holes of origin will take time to arrange.  They can't all stay in the airport lounge.

House them safely, feed them  halal (tweak 'em by picking kosher/pareve that's also halal-- there is overlap), and fly 'em out space-available.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »
The quotes includes a question regarding rounding up mahometans and putting them in camps.

I'm in favor.

Only because transport to their hell-holes of origin will take time to arrange.  They can't all stay in the airport lounge.

House them safely, feed them  halal (tweak 'em by picking kosher/pareve that's also halal-- there is overlap), and fly 'em out space-available.
Iagree with one exception. Put them on a ship, not a plane. Arab countries afre not known for taking in muslim refugees. If no one takes them we could at least scuttle the ship at sea and still be rid of the problem.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:11:19 AM »
>snip<
Good grief no.  The final cost would be prohibitive.
Far better to put as many as safely and comfortably as possible, on board a ship.
Now, take them half way, drop them off and let their home country pick them up for the full return.   
I think that's more than generous.
Oh, almost forgot. It's for the best to notify the home country as to when and where.
OK, now, am I missing anything? 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The Jooooooos hate emerges yet again at the DUmp.  Sick f*cks.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »
What has this character been stuffing in his :stoner: ?

Labrador, man...

:lmao:

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.