Author Topic: Admit it RWers: You'll never have this sort of brain power  (Read 947 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Admit it RWers: You'll never have this sort of brain power
« on: December 01, 2016, 10:46:19 AM »
Because their high-speed choo-choo idea wasn't dumb enough...

meow2u3 (20,238 posts)

25. I have an excellent infrastructure idea which would benefit firefighters all over the country

which would also be a big time job creator: a nationwide water pipeline that would pump flood water from flooded areas to drought-stricken and/or wildfire-prone areas so firefighters wouldn't have such a hard time trying to put out wildfires. The details would have to ironed out and debated and the costs could be a deterrent that repukes would try to use for an excuse to shoot the idea down, but the benefits would be enormous for the whole country.

The pros: rural people, whose jobs have been eliminated by outsourcing and/or automation, would have a chance to make a decent living laying down pipes which would leak only water if they burst.

The cons: the project could be very expensive and the costs would have to be shared nationwide, providing repukes with a convenient excuse to shoot it down because it doesn't line the pockets of their paymasters.

I'm just scratching the surface, but it's high time Americans started to think big again and quit being pessimistic. Some cynics might sneer and ask me "Why should we have such a big project"? I'd answer them: "I don't see why we shouldn't. You never know if it'll work unless you try."

Fichefinder (27 posts)

35. I love that idea!!

The same areas get flooded every year. The same areas are in drought every year. Why do we let all that water get flushed down the Mississippi every year. At least a leak in a water pipeline doesn't poison anyone.

brush (10,002 posts)

67. Great idea. This is the kind of grand scheme project that America used to be able to do

The interstate highway system, the TVA, the Hoover Dam, the space program. Your idea could work and get greenlighted if the Republicans would stop obstructing everything.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512634801#post25
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Admit it RWers: You'll never have this sort of brain power
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »
 I assume this Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius grade idea would be paid for with taxpayer money, because there is no profit in dozens of pipelines pumping billions of gallons of contaminated water hundreds of miles with no customers to buy it.

And... how many Indian tribes and hippies without a cause would protest the shit-water pipelines threatening their sacred drinking grounds*?

*Not quite gratuitous Sturgis, SD joke
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:31:54 AM »
meow2u3 (20,238 posts)

25. I have an excellent infrastructure idea which would benefit firefighters all over the country

which would also be a big time job creator: a nationwide water pipeline that would pump flood water from flooded areas to drought-stricken and/or wildfire-prone areas so firefighters wouldn't have such a hard time trying to put out wildfires. The details would have to ironed out and debated and the costs could be a deterrent that repukes would try to use for an excuse to shoot the idea down, but the benefits would be enormous for the whole country.

The pros: rural people, whose jobs have been eliminated by outsourcing and/or automation, would have a chance to make a decent living laying down pipes which would leak only water if they burst.

The cons: the project could be very expensive and the costs would have to be shared nationwide, providing repukes with a convenient excuse to shoot it down because it doesn't line the pockets of their paymasters.

I'm just scratching the surface, but it's high time Americans started to think big again and quit being pessimistic. Some cynics might sneer and ask me "Why should we have such a big project"? I'd answer them: "I don't see why we shouldn't. You never know if it'll work unless you try."

This is exactly why DUmmies should not have pencil and paper available when high on medical MJ.  :mental:

What's even funnier is that it believes the gate to this proposal would be the repukes not wanting to spend  the $.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »
Too much time fondling the bong this morning I see.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
This reminds me of the plot of the 1970s TV show Salvage-1 where the city of Los Angels hired Andy Griffith to stick some rockets on an ice berg to steer it into the water processing plant.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 02:06:43 PM »
Getting paid to lay pipe? Sounds too good to be true.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 02:48:12 PM »
I am more then happy to pipe flood water to LA/SF.  :)

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 04:04:08 PM »
I am more then happy to pipe flood water to LA/SF.  :)

Heineken guy was here.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 04:36:38 PM »
He forgot one other great thing.  They could connect drains to the pipe.  If there ever a lot of rain or snow melt, the excess water would go in the drains instead of flooding peoples homes.  Just put one every 100 yards or so all over the country.  no more floods ever.  while they are at it, put sprinkler systems in every yard and pivots on every farm.  no need for rain dances , F(#K, i was channeling a dummie for a minute.  Sorry
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 04:40:48 PM »
He forgot one other great thing.  They could connect drains to the pipe.  If there ever a lot of rain or snow melt, the excess water would go in the drains instead of flooding peoples homes.  Just put one every 100 yards or so all over the country.  no more floods ever.  while they are at it, put sprinkler systems in every yard and pivots on every farm.  no need for rain dances , F(#K, i was channeling a dummie for a minute.  Sorry

Transport the water to the moon so we can setup some MJ grow facility's.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 04:47:15 PM »
And that is why DUmbasses will always vote donk. Just too stupid to fend for themselves. It is our fault. If we had not been so successful these weak herd members would have died off.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 06:05:26 PM »
I assume this Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius grade idea would be paid for with taxpayer money, because there is no profit in dozens of pipelines pumping billions of gallons of contaminated water hundreds of miles with no customers to buy it.

And... how many Indian tribes and hippies without a cause would protest the shit-water pipelines threatening their sacred drinking grounds*?

*Not quite gratuitous Sturgis, SD joke

The serious side of your joke is that there are probably a couple dozen different snail darter, northern spotted owl, and delta smelt type obscure "threatened" sub-sub-sub-species the Enviros would use to block the building of this fantasy pipeline and block the transfer of water.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
Admit it RWers: You'll never have this sort of brain power

If I had your brain power, I'd be living in my parents basement and have a current (non-star) account at DU because my lack of a job, or my job waiting tables, wouldn't allow me the resources to pay $kimmer to have an account there.
Tell me, do you build forts out of the empty pizza boxes?

Lucky for me, I don't have your brain power. I have several magnitudes more.

It's why I'm a conservative.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »

DU meetup
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.