Author Topic: my kiddo put herself to bed tonight..  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Lauri

my kiddo put herself to bed tonight..
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:52:42 PM »
i have a sick 8 year old.. the barking cough, sneezing and runny nose type, but she still has a ton of energy sort of sickness. my college aged kiddo got food poisoning the night before she had a trip for work to go snow boarding with her co-workers in Colorado. i have no idea how she's dealing with it..

anyhow.. my 8 year old crawled into my bed tonight (dad is out of town at CES in Vegas) and she read for a little bit and while I was registering here, she turned out the lamp on the side table and went to sleep on her own, without the usual popping out of bed every few minutes to get a drink, ask to stay up, 'i'm not tired' schpeel..

at 7:30 pm. 

in the 8 years i've known her.. she has NEVER gone to bed without one of us tucking her in, and sitting there to chat for a while or read a story.

weird..

i feel like a milestone passed me by tonight and i missed it..  :thatsright:

Offline Airwolf

Re: my kiddo put herself to bed tonight..
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:12:54 PM »
Hiya and welcome to the board.

You have to love it when those little milestones come and hate it when you miss them.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:24:04 PM »
Hiya and welcome to the board.

You have to love it when those little milestones come and hate it when you miss them.

she just grew up a little and its been SO long in coming.. man, that kid has never gone to bed without a fight or at least a lot of stalling..

i was telling jeff about it on IM and he was sad he missed, but we both realized had he been here .. it never would have happened.. lol

:drunksailor:  <---what the heck is this?

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:34:20 AM »
OMG. 8 years from now is 2016.  :drink:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »
Awww. that's sweet. But don't count your chickens before they hatch. Mine went through that same phase and now we're back to tucking in. I don't mind at all though. I just follow him into his room, chat about our day, give him a hug and kiss and then turn out the light for him. Wouldn't miss it for the world.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 10:03:11 AM »
i have a sick 8 year old.. the barking cough, sneezing and runny nose type, but she still has a ton of energy sort of sickness. my college aged kiddo got food poisoning the night before she had a trip for work to go snow boarding with her co-workers in Colorado. i have no idea how she's dealing with it..

anyhow.. my 8 year old crawled into my bed tonight (dad is out of town at CES in Vegas) and she read for a little bit and while I was registering here, she turned out the lamp on the side table and went to sleep on her own, without the usual popping out of bed every few minutes to get a drink, ask to stay up, 'i'm not tired' schpeel..

in the 8 years i've known her.. she has NEVER gone to bed without one of us tucking her in, and sitting there to chat for a while or read a story.

weird..

Lauri, my husband is in Vegas for CES as well.  We should hook them up.   :hyper:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 10:07:43 AM »
OMG. 8 years from now is 2016.  :drink:

Toasty, I would give anything to be where you are right now.  I want a baby so badly but then my sane side chimes in.  If my husband were on board though, I would adopt a baby in a heartbeat.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:27:11 AM »

weird..

Lauri, my husband is in Vegas for CES as well.  We should hook them up.   :hyper:

Is he??? hey tell him to check out the BlogHaus .. thats where he's been hanging on and off between stuff...

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »
Awww. that's sweet. But don't count your chickens before they hatch. Mine went through that same phase and now we're back to tucking in. I don't mind at all though. I just follow him into his room, chat about our day, give him a hug and kiss and then turn out the light for him. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

yeah, im sure once daddy is home again she will start back with it ... they have their routine and its lately about the only time she gets to have him all to herself.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »

weird..

Is he??? hey tell him to check out the BlogHaus .. thats where he's been hanging on and off between stuff...

I'll be sure to tell him.