Author Topic: "That Road Is My Nemesis":Another British Treasure  (Read 1958 times)

Offline jtyangel

"That Road Is My Nemesis":Another British Treasure
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »
(Stupid motorist alert)

By Avril Ormsby Fri Jan 4, 9:55 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A woman banned from driving for seven days after traveling at speeds of less than 10mph on the motorway told Reuters on Friday: "that road's my nemesis." :lmao: Stephanie Cole, 58, of Fishponds, Bristol, straddled the hard shoulder and inside lane as she dawdled along a stretch of the M32 near her home last August.
ADVERTISEMENT

In the back window of the car was a sign which said: "I don't do fast, please overtake."
:rotf:

Cole admitted driving without reasonable consideration at North Avon Magistrates' Court on Friday and was told she would have to take another test at the end of the ban.

"I didn't intend getting onto the motorway, but all of a sudden I found myself on it and I could not get off," she told Reuters after the hearing.

"I just panicked. I hate that particular stretch of road and I avoid it normally. It is my nemesis."

I actually think this lady sounds like a character in a good way. Driving just isn't her thing.  :lmao:

Offline Shamrock

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: "That Road Is My Nemesis":Another British Treasure
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »
It makes me wonder if she was on the right of left side of the road!   :o

Offline jtyangel

Re: "That Road Is My Nemesis":Another British Treasure
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:53:44 AM »
It makes me wonder if she was on the right of left side of the road!   :o

The descriptions in the story just crack me up. The British get so colorful in their description and then her proclamation that 'that road is her nemesis'.  :lmao: