Author Topic: The official I love MLK, Schade is almost at 1k, I have happy beverages Sunday..  (Read 7975 times)

Offline jtyangel

night thread...

I have a new name and avatar just for the occasion...

This commercial tickles me for some reason...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkjjkD3Bdpw

Offline Flame

MLK day=federal holiday=day off fro Mr Flame!  :-)  Yay!

Just finished having a healthy dinner of potato skins, and am watching the Packers/Giants game, while trying to stay warm.  Keep having to beat Mr Flame away from the thermostat, as he keeps wanting to turn the heat up!

Only beverae I had was a Sam Adams Cranberry Ale something or other with dinner. :cheersmate:

Offline jtyangel

Just finished having a healthy dinner of potato skins, and am watching the Packers/Giants game, while trying to stay warm.  Keep having to beat Mr Flame away from the thermostat, as he keeps wanting to turn the heat up!

Only beverae I had was a Sam Adams Cranberry Ale something or other with dinner. :cheersmate:

SAme here..the only thing that keeps my hands off the thermastat is remembering the bill when I turn it up...I really don't like it this cold.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Will be calling in tomorrow I think unless this cold disappears overnight.

Working on the weekends second 30 pack so there is hope. :cheersmate:

Offline Miss Mia

SAme here..the only thing that keeps my hands off the thermastat is remembering the bill when I turn it up...I really don't like it this cold.

I keep mine at 70-72.  otherwise it's too cold. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I can't believe that I just ate a bowl full of frozen peas (cooked of course).  I actually love frozen peas but my husband and girls ate while I was working on a quilt so I had to find something.  I put butter (real butter) and a lot of pepper on them.  They were quite tasty but I'm still sitting here wondering how I ate a whole bowl full.   :o

I have sworn off coke for awhile but I just broke my resolution and had one with my peas.  Back to water tomorrow, I swear.   :(

My friend from high school called me today and left a message.  She was in Galveston with her girls for some cheerleading deal and is driving through Dallas tonight and staying at some hotel here in Dallas.  She wants to come over tomorrow and go shopping.  I haven't called her back yet, I feel shitty about it but I don't feel like messing with her tomorrow.  I probably will though, but I'm going to wait and see if she calls back first.   :p
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:25:11 PM by BEG »

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
My kind of MLK thread... "Yay weekend... there's football on TV and MAN! It's cold."

:)

*TKay*

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

I keep mine at 70-72.  otherwise it's too cold. 

So do I.

Offline Schadenfreude

Coke and Peas?  :mental:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

I think the coke came before the peas
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

You would be wrong CH, it was the peas that came first.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator

I clearly said the peas cam before the coke.

Clearly

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

I clearly said the peas cam before the coke.

Clearly

:mental:

Offline jtyangel

Ok, I'm back..I've got a puking kid tonight..woohoo... :lmao:

Aww, man...

I can't keep mine at 72ish up here...it would be close to a 300 bill every month if I did :banghead: But I prefer it right around 72-73 if I had my choice. I keep it at 68 mostly...but if I start freezing my tush up it goes up to 70/71.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

Aww, man...

I can't keep mine at 72ish up here...it would be close to a 300 bill every month if I did :banghead: But I prefer it right around 72-73 if I had my choice. I keep it at 68 mostly...but if I start freezing my tush up it goes up to 70/71.

Holy crap, my toes would get frost bite if I kept mine at 68. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Sunday is 'worst for a night's sleep'

Nearly 60 per cent of employees have their worst night's sleep of the week on Sundays, a survey claims, with restless nights forcing one in four to call in sick on a Monday.

Disrupted sleep has also been blamed for a lack of concentration at work (46 per cent) on Mondays, increased irritability towards bosses (30 per cent) and the odd impromptu nap at the desk (20 per cent).

The nationwide study of 3,500 adults, commissioned by the hotel chain Travelodge, found that Friday provided the best night's sleep, with eight in 10 people getting their least disrupted night's sleep at the end of the working week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=V2BFC3MF31CMNQFIQMFCFGGAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2008/01/21/ncourt121.xml

I hate Sunday nights.  It's 8:45, I still have to do laundry, and have to be up at 5:00 for work.  Where did my weekend go?   :banghead:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

Aww, man...

My dear, BEG, I can't stand it...I'm sitting here in a sweatshirt, warm pants, socks and sneakers on...I hate wearing shoes in my house, but I have to when it's cold like this...I think it's just me though--everyone else appears comfy...except my daughter...she gets cold just like I do--It's the estrogen or something.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I have noticed more this year then any other how much the cold is bothering me.

Think it has more to do with the years passing by then anything else.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator

Aww, man...

My dear, BEG, I can't stand it...I'm sitting here in a sweatshirt, warm pants, socks and sneakers on...I hate wearing shoes in my house, but I have to when it's cold like this...I think it's just me though--everyone else appears comfy...except my daughter...she gets cold just like I do--It's the estrogen or something.

I keep mine at 68 year round. Considering I've been working at that temp for almost 20 years, it's never too cold

Offline jtyangel

Aww, man...

I keep mine at 68 year round. Considering I've been working at that temp for almost 20 years, it's never too cold

Freak! :-)

Offline Chris_

I like my apartment around 68-70.  I use a couple of radiator heaters near the drafty windows -- it works out fine and I've only had to turn my gas heat on in the mornings before work.  The radiator heaters have already paid for themselves. 

Gas feels so nice but I got tired of paying an extra $100 a month for heat.   :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

I just closed my windows.  It was getting a bit cool.  The fresh air was nice, tho. 

Offline Chris_

I just closed my windows.  It was getting a bit cool.  The fresh air was nice, tho. 

I got to open my windows for a few minutes today.  I've been wearing a jacket all day anyway.

Supposed to get down to 11* tonight.  Yikes!   :(

Offline Lord Undies

I got to open my windows for a few minutes today.  I've been wearing a jacket all day anyway.

Supposed to get down to 11* tonight.  Yikes!   :(

Mid-30's here tonight.  This is actually a rather cold January for my area.  Usually January is a merry-go-round of warmish and coldish.  This one has been pretty steady coldish.  Early February is usually our coldest time, and then the trees start to bud by the end of the month.