Author Topic: 8 arrested after windows smashed at Democratic Party of Oregon building  (Read 942 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member CentralMass (10,359 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214979196

8 arrested after windows smashed at Democratic Party of Oregon building in Northeast Portland

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/protests/protests-planned-in-portland-on-inauguration-day/283-50a33cdc-a636-4d5e-acdc-5d33a7cb4635

Video link
https://kgw.com/embeds/video/283-4986f6d3-f757-4bdc-a95a-00e1922ccd1a/iframe?jwsource=cl

"PORTLAND, Ore. -- Far-left, anti-police demonstrators smashed windows at the Democratic Party of Oregon building in Northeast Portland Wednesday afternoon. The vandalism took place just hours following President Joe Biden's inauguration.

The group responsible for the damage marched through parts of Southeast and Northeast Portland. They first gathered at 2 p.m. at Revolution Hall in Southeast Portland, where they were met by police officers on bikes.
The crowd took to the streets about an hour later. There were at least 100 people, many dressed in all black. Marchers held banners that had various messages including "We are ungovernable" and "A new world from the ashes." "

"Eight people were arrested in connection with the demonstration, according to Portland police. Their charges ranged from criminal mischief, to possession of a destructive device, to riot, to reckless burning. While making the arrests, officers recovered batons, irritant spray, Molotov cocktails, knives and a crowbar, police said.

The crowd splintered following the police response to the vandalism at the Democratic Party of Oregon headquarters.
Police released the following information on the people who were arrested:

22-year-old Kyle Romstad of Portland, Criminal Mischief II
22-year-old Kaiave Douvia, of Portland, Criminal Mischief I
18-year-old Jean V. Paris, of Albany, Interfering with a Peace Officer, Criminal Mischief III, Resist Arrest
18-year-old Alyssa Hartley Davis, of Albany, Interfering with a Peace Officer, Disorderly Conduct II
25-year-old Austin N. Nuchraska, of McMinnville, Possession of a Destructive Device, Criminal Mischief I
25-year-old Nicole Aria Rose, of Portland, Criminal Mischief I
31-year-old Darnell Kimberlin, of Portland, Reckless Burning, Criminal Mischief II
38-year-old Davis Alan Beeman, of Vancouver, WA, Riot, Disorderly Conduct II"

:rotf:

Star Member Turin_C3PO (5,123 posts)

1. Wingnuts

will jump on this and use it as evidence that “antifa” is as bad as the right wing domestic terrorists. As if there’s any comparison between this type of vandalism and actually breaking in to the US Capitol to execute opponents and overthrow the government. That said, these assholes need to be punished.

except, there are no RWDTs burning down Republican cities...

Star Member Kittycow (2,279 posts)

2. I'm tired of these thugs making my city look like shit.

Historically, we can't even have a legit peaceful protest without thugs showing up.

There's a lot of layers with police brutality, etc but that'd be an essay.

Star Member Wicked Blue (2,097 posts)

3. Far-left? How do they know that?

More likely it's white supremacists posing as antifa.

:lmao:

Star Member bdamomma (59,624 posts)

14. white supremacists or domestic terrorists. The far-left, that is a joke. Totally right wing lunatic fringe

Star Member Botany (58,241 posts)

5. I might be wrong but this smells of a right wing "false flag" operation

Follow the money

ret5hd (15,632 posts)

6. The ethos expressed more closely resembles the boogaloos...

than the “far left”.

msfiddlestix (357 posts)

10. It doesn't make sense that any genuine self identified "leftist" engaged in vandalizing the

Democratic Party offices or any building government or otherwise, particularly in this moment.

I suspect we will eventually learn that these were in fact right wing provocateurs posing as antifa for very obvious reasons.

Just using history and logic in the context of current events.

msfiddlestix (357 posts)

16. what precipitated this? Why now?

Just trying to make sense why on the day of the inauguration? Why not hit the RNC? They're the fascists.

:thatsright:

Star Member superpatriotman (5,368 posts)

11. Idiots

So far left they’ve gone right.

There we go...

ANTIFA is now a Right Wing concept...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: 8 arrested after windows smashed at Democratic Party of Oregon building
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:51:02 AM »
18-year-old Jean V. Paris, of Albany, Interfering with a Peace Officer, Criminal Mischief III, Resist Arrest
18-year-old Alyssa Hartley Davis, of Albany, Interfering with a Peace Officer, Disorderly Conduct II
25-year-old Austin N. Nuchraska, of McMinnville, Possession of a Destructive Device, Criminal Mischief I
31-year-old Darnell Kimberlin, of Portland, Reckless Burning, Criminal Mischief II

with the exception of the last 2, the arrested are 18 to 20 something millennials who I don't see as backing President Trump, so ya, nah, these belong to you DUmmies

Star Member Kittycow (2,279 posts)

2. I'm tired of these thugs making my city look like shit.
so do something about it.  Stop hiding behind your window shades and take your shitty back.

Star Member Wicked Blue (2,097 posts)

3. Far-left? How do they know that?

More likely it's white supremacists posing as antifa.

Star Member bdamomma (59,624 posts)

14. white supremacists or domestic terrorists. The far-left, that is a joke. Totally right wing lunatic fringe

Star Member Botany (58,241 posts)

5. I might be wrong but this smells of a right wing "false flag" operation

Follow the money

ret5hd (15,632 posts)

than the “far left”.

msfiddlestix (357 posts)

Just trying to make sense why on the day of the inauguration? Why not hit the RNC? They're the fascists.

Are you saying it would have been ok if they damaged the rnc building instead of the dnc?  That sounds like a tacit admission that these animals belong to you people. 

Didn't you read their message ****stix? They claim they are ungovernable. This is what happens when you let a bunch of snot nose millennials riot in the streets for months without any consequences.  They become emboldened and feel they don't need anyone regardless of party affiliation to control them.  They are the spawn of your liberal policies and tactics of the past year.
 :ownit:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 10:10:31 AM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 11:00:38 AM »
Just an idea.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 11:58:29 AM »

I think you used the wrong image. This one is more appropriate for the DUmbasses in this thread....

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 12:19:41 PM »
with the exception of the last 2, the arrested are 18 to 20 something millennials who I don't see as backing President Trump, so ya, nah, these belong to you DUmmies
so do something about it.  Stop hiding behind your window shades and take your shitty back.

Are you saying it would have been ok if they damaged the rnc building instead of the dnc?  That sounds like a tacit admission that these animals belong to you people. 

Didn't you read their message ****stix? They claim they are ungovernable. This is what happens when you let a bunch of snot nose millennials riot in the streets for months without any consequences.  They become emboldened and feel they don't need anyone regardless of party affiliation to control them.  They are the spawn of your liberal policies and tactics of the past year.
 :ownit:
  I agree with you about the younger ones being definite leftists.  The sad thing is my first though is that the 31yr old and the 38 yr o;d probably haven't worked a day in their lives.  All eight of them are planning an insurrection :) because Uncle Joe didn't promise them a 2,000 sq ft home for free, free food and cellphones and all the weed they could smoke.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 02:52:49 PM »
If ANTIFA was actually a RW false flag op there would be no objection from the left to use force to end the riots.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 06:30:43 PM »

I wonder what their DU names are.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 11:56:44 PM »
I wonder what their DU names are.
Theyre about 60 years too young to be on DU
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 07:30:05 AM »
The DUmmies' denial really is staggering.
The perps' ages and M.O.s are perfectly in line with Antifa, and the "No government" message is also perfectly in keeping with that group's Anarchist philosophy. They hate both parties, and see the Dems as sell- outs.
Plus, the idiots who rioted in D.C. didn't use arson, whereas Antifa regularly does use it.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 08:24:22 AM »
has beijing biden denounced this violence yet?  If not then he is implying they are good people and may incite others to riot?  See, with President Trump, if the left didn't feel he was sincere in denouncing something, then he was obviously in favor of the bad actors.  We need to hold the new bunch to the same standards.

how about his whore of a vp?  I recall last august she said in an interview that they should not stop with their "peaceful" protests.

If this violence that appears to be sanctioned by this new mal-administration continues, the only remedy seems to be a double impeachment.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 05:33:39 PM »
has beijing biden denounced this violence yet?  If not then he is implying they are good people and may incite others to riot?  See, with President Trump, if the left didn't feel he was sincere in denouncing something, then he was obviously in favor of the bad actors.  We need to hold the new bunch to the same standards.

how about his whore of a vp? I recall last august she said in an interview that they should not stop with their "peaceful" protests.

If this violence that appears to be sanctioned by this new mal-administration continues, the only remedy seems to be a double impeachment.

Boy!  Comrade Zuckerberg would put you in FB jail for a month for that one.  I got 7 days for calling Debra Messing a slut.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 07:12:35 PM »
The don't call themselves "Democratic Underground" for nothing.  :-)

ret5hd (15,632 posts)

than the “far left”.
Newflash, moron: There's significant overlap between what the boogaloos believe and what the self-styled "antifascists" believe.

Boogaloo: Sometimes characterized as 'right-libertarian' or 'anarcho-capitalist'.

ANTIFA: Anarcho-communists.

Got that? ANTIFA doesn't like democrats either.
msfiddlestix (357 posts)

The republicans aren't in control of the government anymore, dumbass.

msfiddlestix (357 posts)

10. It doesn't make sense that any genuine self identified "leftist" engaged in vandalizing the

Democratic Party offices or any building government or otherwise, particularly in this moment.

I suspect we will eventually learn that these were in fact right wing provocateurs posing as antifa for very obvious reasons.

Just using history and logic in the context of current events.
Yeah, it's not as if ANTIFA and other left-wing idiots went around burning buildings and attacking federal property before.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 07:18:10 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2021, 10:55:06 AM »
Theyre about 60 years too young to be on DU

Point taken.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du