Author Topic: Another Fox-on-public-TV bouncy  (Read 1141 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Re: Another Fox-on-public-TV bouncy
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »
SO I was out running errands as lunch time approached.  There before me was the local (sole surviving) Wendy's.  In an uncharacteristic move I turned into the drive thru lane.  My eyes were immediately assaulted by the digital menu boards.  No they were not playing *ox News it was worse, far, far, worse.  They were displaying the combos and pricing  I gasped and thought to jump the curb and drive on but at that moment a cop car pulled in behind me.

I heard a voice cry out "May I take your order?".   I said I would like a single cheeseburger with no pickle, an order of fries, and a frosty.  "What size fries?" intoned the box.  "Medium"  "OK, chocolate or vanilla frosty"?  asked the box  "Chocolate"  and I added "medium" for good measure.  "Ok, that will be Seven-sixty* at the first window, pull up." droned the box.  

I pulled up to the first window and a hand jumped out at me to take my cash and give me change.  At the next window another hand shot out and thrust a bag at me.   I ate the swill on my ride home having to leave the car windows open to air out the stench of the french fries.  Their smell lasts for days if you don't have an air freshener and leave the windows up.  

* Full disclosure: The amount paid includes our NH meals tax of $0.61 and the receipt inside the bag included an unreadable web page to take a brief survey (like that would ever happen, I know the owner's mom!!   :rotf:  )  

ETA:  I rated the original bouncy 0 bong.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:05:08 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
The only thing missing from the set of that show is a boiling cauldron and a witches wart on each of the host's noses.

If you wanted to torture me, having to listen to them for five minutes would do the trick.

Heh, heh! If the CIA really wanted to break down these terrorists, they'd put Whoopie and company on 24/7! They wouldn't last a day before spillin' their guts!

Make it stop! Please make it stop!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 03:57:14 PM »
peace13 (7,891 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Local Wendy's just installed a big screen TV!

Today we went to our local Wendy's and lo and behold they have installed a big screen TV. We asked the manager if she would please change the channel and she said that they had tried that and it only shows black on other stations. Faux News there, as big as life. Seven months before a big election and they plunk that thing in the dining room.

I called the operating manager and l let him know that I was upset about the addition and he asked me what I had against *ox News. I let him know that it wasn't news and that we found it offensive. He asked what channel I would like to see and I let him know that I wouldn't direct anyone to a particular station but if they were insistent on showing TV, the weather channel might be as useful as any this time of year.

He said that he would pass the info to the owners and I let him know that we would be back next week and if *ox was still on that would be it for us. Our other peace nic friends were in there and they too were disgusted. If the regulars quit coming maybe it will mean something. This is sad because up until now the restaurant had been a neighborhood gathering place.

:orly: :lame: :moron: :gives: :dn: :tool: :yourpoint: :nobong: :bs2flag: :bsmeter:

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »

My first question is, what is a peacenik hippie liberal and any of their friends doing at a Wendy's in the first place? I thought they ate only organic, free-range grub that they grow themselves or shoplift from Whole Foods.

And I thought most of them were vegans/vegetarians to boot, you would think it would be a cold day in hell before they would patron a establishment that serves "that evil" meat (but this being a bouncy anything goes). Guess they wanted a change from Starbucks or Panera Bread or whatever uptight establishment caters to these DUmmie blowhards...