Author Topic: Rich DUmmy brooklynite nervously seeks a pass from DU brethren  (Read 1759 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
brooklynite (9,960 posts)

The NATIONAL REVIEW is going after my wife...

Last edited Sat Apr 28, 2012, 10:14 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
Last week, the National Review ran a piece sniping at Elizabeth Warren's financial support among "Wall Street Lawyers", (aka "the sewers beneath Wall St"). They picked out for particular criticism the law firm founded by Leo Gottlieb, who endowed the Chair that Prof. Warren holds at Harvard Law School. The articles points out that "at least one lawyer in the firm has donated to the Warren campaign" and goes on to charge that "Two of its attorneys by themselves have given more than $60,000 to the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, which will of course help Professor Warren.". While no names are mentioned, the article thoughtfully provides a link to the FEC database (all fully public - who knew?), from which it will be perfectly apparent which people are being referred to.

Allow me to spoil the surprise. One of the people is my wife. Yes she's a "1%"er, yes she's a highly paid lawyer, yes she's a partner in a Wall Street law firm. And yet, she's willing to support a candidate (among many others) who will hopefully raise our taxes, regulate Wall Street and the banking industry, provide support for the poor, and protect the civil rights of women, gays and immigrants. "The sewers" doesn't seem like such a bad place to be.

I thought you guys were all about Name & Shame, you 1%er asshole. 

Heh - just goes to show you...you can be a WALL STREET LAWYER, MAKING IT EASIER FOR WALL STREET FIRMS TO CONDUCT THE SAME SORT OF ROBBERY THAT DU WHINES ABOUT EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK, but as long as you toss a few crumbs to a liberal candidate, you are just ducky.

(See kpete, for example)

DU - deadly serious about anything, totally hypocritical about everything.

:lmao:
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
brooklynite

Last edited Sat Apr 28, 2012, 12:14 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Last week, the National Review ran a piece sniping at Elizabeth Warren's financial support among "Wall Street Lawyers", (aka "the sewers beneath Wall St"). They picked out for particular criticism the law firm founded by Leo Gottlieb, who endowed the Chair that Prof. Warren holds at Harvard Law School. The articles points out that "at least one lawyer in the firm has donated to the Warren campaign" and goes on to charge that "Two of its attorneys by themselves have given more than $60,000 to the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, which will of course help Professor Warren.". While no names are mentioned, the article thoughtfully provides a link to the FEC database (all fully public - who knew?), from which it will be perfectly apparent which people are being referred to.

Allow me to spoil the surprise. One of the people is my wife. Yes she's a "1%"er, yes she's a highly paid lawyer, yes she's a partner in a Wall Street law firm. And yet, she's willing to support a candidate (among many others) who will hopefully raise our taxes, regulate Wall Street and the banking industry, provide support for the poor, and protect the civil rights of women, gays and immigrants. "The sewers" doesn't seem like such a bad place to be.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002621317

So we have another rich DUmmy.

coalition_unwilling
2. Your wife should wear this like a badge of honor (and maybe tout it on

her resume\CV). If the NAZI-onal Review is attacking, your wife is most definitely on the right track

Yep when their donors get highlighted it is done by NAZIs when the President does it it is fine and dandy.

jimlup
4. While the movement meme is 1%

but it should really be the 0.001% except that is too hard to explain on a slogan sign as I'm sure you know...
They only call it class warfare when we fight back!
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
Response to jimlup (Reply #4)Sat Apr 28, 2012, 01:24 PM
 varelse
5. Yep

and even among the 0.001%, there are people like Warren Buffet.

Has Warren paid his back taxes yet?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: Rich DUmmy brooklynite nervously seeks a pass from DU brethren
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
And yet, she's willing to support a candidate (among many others) who will hopefully raise our taxes,

Umm... okay?  Why would anyone want their taxes raised?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
You haven't heard about the millionaires for higher taxes ? To answer your question, libs always want their taxes raised because they don't pay them.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
I have always found it to be interesting that some 'rich' person will be quoted as being in favor of tax increases for the 1% (for example), knowing that congress will be unlikely to do that BUT one never reads of that same 'rich' person sending a check in the amount of that potential increase to the IRS.

Surely they are aware that such a procedure exists.

This too shall pass.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

This was a specific attempt by brooklynite to assure DU that he wants HIS taxes raised so they'll forgive HIM specifically for being wealthy. Basically, there are two types of people who are all for higher taxes: those who are wealthy enough to not care how much they pay (because their accountant will help hide it anyway), and those who are so poor that they never pay taxes anyway.

It will escape DU that brooklynite is being utterly fatuous: donating $60,000 or whatever to a moonbat who probably won't get elected is FAR cheaper than actually paying higher taxes, or going through the brain damage of looking for tax shelters once higher taxes are a reality.

Which implies that brooklynite is EXACTLY what DU hates, but that scarcely matters. DU, as usual, is getting hoodwinked and cornholed, and they love it.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 01:52:45 PM »
Quote from BannedFromDU...

"DU, as usual, is getting hoodwinked and cornholed, and they love it. "

Wouldn't that be a hate crime ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »
Quote from BannedFromDU...

"DU, as usual, is getting hoodwinked and cornholed, and they love it. "

Wouldn't that be a hate crime ?

Not at DU they love getting cornholed.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »
Not at DU they love getting cornholed.  :-)

I was going to say that . . .  :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 04:24:59 PM »
You haven't heard about the millionaires for higher taxes ? To answer your question, libs always want their taxes raised because they don't pay them.

I have, but it still confuses me.  I don't care if I had an endless supply of money, I don't want to pay higher taxes because someone else can't control their spending problems.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »
I have, but it still confuses me.  I don't care if I had an endless supply of money, I don't want to pay higher taxes because someone else can't control their spending problems.

You think George Clooney and all the other liberals don't have lawyers and accountants that help them hide money?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
     You think George Clooney and all the other liberals don't have lawyers and accountants that help them hide money?

That's why the Eisenhower-era margin of 94%, or whatever it was, that the primitives long for, was a joke.

If anyone thinks that at the time, Joe Kennedy was giving 94% of his Kennedy money to the government, then one's nuts.

Loopholes and exemptions.

I don't believe anyone was paying anything like that percentage back in those days.

In fact, the rich were probably paying less under those higher rates, than they do now under lower rates.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »
Wait, weren't they cheering about the Dems going after Romney backers?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
What percentage of the debt would 0.001% of the rich (say we take 100% of their income) even pay you stupid assholes?  All you want is revenge, you wouldn't care if it helped give you any more "Obama Money", you people just want the rich to be poorer.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 08:35:03 PM »
1%er has come to mean any body with more money than them that they don't like.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 08:53:38 PM »
1%er has come to mean any body with more money than them that they don't like.

Unless one of them has their mythical figure, then it's $1 more than that.  They always move the goalpost.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
Unless one of them has their mythical figure, then it's $1 more than that.  They always move the goalpost.
Not only do they move the goalpost, they always pull that football away when you try to kick it through.

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »
I have always found it to be interesting that some 'rich' person will be quoted as being in favor of tax increases for the 1% (for example), knowing that congress will be unlikely to do that BUT one never reads of that same 'rich' person sending a check in the amount of that potential increase to the IRS.

Surely they are aware that such a procedure exists.

I have been coming up with a new list of the shortest books ever written based upon the old jokes. The first one I listed was:

Left Wing Eugenics Advocates Who Lead By Example And Kill Themselves

Your post has revealed a new contender:

Left Wing Tax Raise Advocates Who Lead By Example And Donate Extra Money To The IRS

I'll be sure to increase the catalog as new title become available. :-)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »
    This was a specific attempt by brooklynite to assure DU that he wants HIS taxes raised so they'll forgive HIM specifically for being wealthy. Basically, there are two types of people who are all for higher taxes: those who are wealthy enough to not care how much they pay (because their accountant will help hide it anyway), and those who are so poor that they never pay taxes anyway.

It will escape DU that brooklynite is being utterly fatuous: donating $60,000 or whatever to a moonbat who probably won't get elected is FAR cheaper than actually paying higher taxes, or going through the brain damage of looking for tax shelters once higher taxes are a reality.

Which implies that brooklynite is EXACTLY what DU hates, but that scarcely matters. DU, as usual, is getting hoodwinked and cornholed, and they love it.

Life imitates art...the art in this case being the Rearden extended family in Atlas Shrugged.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 08:41:23 AM »
Life imitates art...the art in this case being the Rearden extended family in Atlas Shrugged.

I don't recall much cornholin' in Atlas Shrugged. Maybe I need to read the sequel, Atlas Bent Over.

:lmao:
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:52:55 AM »
I was talking about the Liberal Guilt, not your punchline.  It's a given that DUers love cornholing.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »
As a matter of fact, why did Brooklynite even post this?  Nobody knows his or his wife's name, and nobody over there reads National Review.  It could have just been a private matter for B and his wife, and nobody would ever know.  It wouldn't be necessary to ask for a special dispensation for being a rich ****. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »
Let's see how long this lasts:

meaculpa2011 (87 posts)

19. Warren Buffett's taxes would not be affected...

by the Buffett Rule. Plus, Berkshire Hathaway would rake in billions more in income. Higher estate taxes mean more business for the BH companies that have been built on offerring tax shelters to the wealthy. Warren's no dope.

NOT one of my moles.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site