Author Topic: DUmmies want to give cons the right to vote, but Andrea Yates can't go to CHURCH  (Read 851 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
MoonRiver

Should Andrea Yates be allowed to go to church once a week?

I heard a psychiatrist yesterday who said that, based on her dark history with religion, it might be risky. Another said that as long as she is taking medication for her psychosis this should be ok. I'm not sure if she's identified a church she wants to attend.

23 votes, 3 passes | Time left: Unlimited
   Yes
8 (35%)
   No
14 (61%)
   Depends
1 (4%)
   Other
0 (0%)
   3 DU members did not wish to select any of the options provided.

Sorry, Andrea - had you just aborted those kids instead of killed them, they'd build a bronze statue of you in front of your local abortion clinic. Instead, even though they are keen to give all convicts the right to select (Democrats) in elections, YOU can't attend church. Oh, unless it's the church of their choice. Liberals, you see, want to give you the rights they think you deserve, OR the rights that would benefit them.

backscatter712
14. Which church?

If we're talking about a moderate or liberal church, say a Unitarian-Universalist church, hey, I'd have no problems.

If we're talking about a cultish fire-and-brimstone church that would have a bunch of triggers for her in their rituals, then the answer is no.

Of course, I say this as an atheist.

What a ****stick.

DUmmy hypocrisy and inconsistency - nothing new under the sun.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
How is it they are so creative with their inconsistency ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
backscatter712
14. Which church?

If we're talking about a moderate or liberal church, say a Unitarian-Universalist church, hey, I'd have no problems.

If we're talking about a cultish fire-and-brimstone church that would have a bunch of triggers for her in their rituals, then the answer is no.

So atheists get to choose what church a person should go to?  :lmao:

The reality is she should not be allowed to leave prison to go to any church, she did the crime now she can do the time. They have ministries that work in the prisons.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
If I'm not mistaken, she was diagnosed with Postpartum Psychosis, which is an awful psychological disease.  Religion did not cause it, and the Dummies are just proving how ignorant the are by pretending that religion causes people to go crazy. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
a bunch of triggers
Is this one of those group therapy code-words that mental patients use?  I'm seeing it on other sites (liberal ones, naturally).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
If I'm not mistaken, she was diagnosed with Postpartum Psychosis, which is an awful psychological disease.  Religion did not cause it, and the Dummies are just proving how ignorant the are by pretending that religion causes people to go crazy. 

They hate religion so therefore religion is the source of all evil, kind of like how they view repukes.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
If Andrea Yates starts attending religious services, she should be taken off her job in the prison nursery.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Is this one of those group therapy code-words that mental patients use?  I'm seeing it on other sites (liberal ones, naturally).

It's a dog whistle . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

Okay, I just noticed who the topic was. 

Stupid Kindle.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zeus

If Andrea Yates starts attending religious services, she should be taken off her job in the prison nursery.

Why ?
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Vagabond

"Triggers", these jackasses know as much about psychology as they do anything else.  People can become psychologically injured or ill, even seriously just like they can break an arm, a leg, catch flu, or have a heart attack.  Their problem is that she is a christian that got sick, so for some reason they think she isn't healed unless she renounces her God.

Hey DUmmies, wouldn't a good sign that the person is healing normally be that the person they were is emerging and wants to do activities they did before like go to church or play guitar?
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I knew one of them would say a Unitarian "church".  :whatever:

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
I might put "triggers" on the official banned words list. All words that rhyme with the "N" word are potentially racist. All synonyms for words that rhyme with the "N" word are also potentially racist.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
backscatter712
14. Which church?

Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking, but when I read the above my mind translated as:

If we're talking about a pretend church, hey, I'd have no problems.

If we're talking about a real church, then the answer is no.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Chris_

Getting church advice from DU is about as sane as expecting tech support from the Amish.

Offline A7X_foREVer

Getting church advice from DU is about as sane as expecting tech support from the Amish.

I will have to use that line sometime good one
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline Kyle Ricky

I like this also. ^5

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
So atheists get to choose what church a person should go to?  :lmao:

The reality is she should not be allowed to leave prison to go to any church, she did the crime now she can do the time. They have ministries that work in the prisons.

I thought she was still in a mental institution/psych ward. And who mentioned she gets to work in the nursery? Are you shitting me?!?

As far as I'm concerned, the only place Yates should be is 6 FEET UNDER! Period. Sick or not, I don't care.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Chris_

I thought she was in prison.  This conversation is kind of pointless... where else is she going to attend services?

Damn DUmmies.  Y'all are just stupid.

Offline Kyle Ricky

I thought she was in prison.  This conversation is kind of pointless... where else is she going to attend services?

Damn DUmmies.  Y'all are just stupid.

I don't see why a priest or pastor couldn't go to her cell.

Offline Chris_

I thought all services were staffed by other inmates.

Offline Kyle Ricky

I thought all services were staffed by other inmates.

I'm not really sure? I never been to jail, so I wouldn't know.

Offline Chris_

Yeah, I don't really plan on finding out either.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Chris, I've got to be the third to give you kudos--and an H5--for this.

'Course, an Amish person would probably start with something sensible, such as "making sure the power is on." :tongue: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
I don't see why a priest or pastor couldn't go to her cell.

First define the word Church.   

Then as KYLE said, why cannot the Word be brought to someone where ever they are, in a cell or in a fox hole in war or aboard a ,military ship way out in open sea ?

There  are thousands of good men and woman travel at their own expense to bring the word of God , most any God to those that need it, want it, few carry more then the Bible or Koran with them. They visit Prisions and jails most every day,   are they not enough?????

So why is a Prison Chapel not good enough for a child killer,  Not enough stained windows, no Chores or  multitudes of sinners that sing praises and allow her to feel that she is not the worse of the worse ???

Crap, one can attend church by praying in their own homes, teach the kids to say their prayers by kneeling before they bed, saying Grace before or after meals.

Next thing we know the prisoner's will demand the Voodoo priests come in and sacrifice a goat for their benefit

State of Maine State Prison  had an interesting uprising in the past.   They demanded that their faith Wicca would not allow the Female heads of their church come in and conduct services in the nude.

OH NO ,  They were prevented from following their faith , Anti American, unconstitutional and a hard ship for the prisoners.

Good Try Guys, unfortunately today we do bend to the religious faith of the nasty, food cooked for individuals that are of a separate faith from the other prisoners, every day murders have to eat what ever is given to them, the murderers that are of another faith get ----Special food---

So is it not to the individual to decide what they will or can eat, why all this money to accommodate  special meals for those that object to prison food.????

Yes off topic and around the barn here but it all related to the same subject, why does a person demand rights for a faith that others do not have, why do they get these rights and whose business is it but the person of how they eat, drink, follow their faith but theirs ???  Don't like the food, don't eat it, want to go to a church, go to the Prison Chapel.

Lucky these scum are not feed bread and water.    Many kids are not fed as well as they are, do not have access to TV or ever be taken to church, not sent but taken , big difference.

Rant ended for now, screw the monsters.