Author Topic: How positive are you of Zimmerman's guilt or innocence?  (Read 2460 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: How positive are you of Zimmerman's guilt or innocence?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »
I watched the live bail hearing on Court TV and surprise,surprise, his lawyer allowed him do do something that Judges and Lawyers have never seen before. 

He got up and testified to his innocence and apologised to the parents of Martin. What a risk he ran, the DA was so stunned he dropped the ball and did not use this as an advantage to cross examine him.  Total foul up for the prosecution, and the parents of the boy left the court a total mess. 

I do believe  the photo of Zimmerman's head looks authentic, he did get his head banged up as from the photo it seems to have been taken on scene at night.  Only thing I question is why so little blood, head wounds bleed big time.

The time frame in that pic is rumored to be three minutes after he shot Martin.  The amount of blood is immaterial--it's quite a bit for surface wounds.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 07:20:51 PM »
The Zimmerman - Martin case was a rush to judgement by the mainstream media to manufacture the next Natalie Holloway/Duke Lacrosse team/Casey Anthony episode
as material for their talking head shows. The case is a tragedy, period. I greatly fear that should Zimmerman be acquitted, that there will be be "No justice, No peace"
rallies that will further inflame racial tensions all in the name of politics. Zimmerman's life as he knew it, is over. Acquitted, he will always be looking over his shoulder out of fear.

The main stream media should be ashamed of their actions.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »
I watched the live bail hearing on Court TV and surprise,surprise, his lawyer allowed him do do something that Judges and Lawyers have never seen before. 

He got up and testified to his innocence and apologised to the parents of Martin. What a risk he ran, the DA was so stunned he dropped the ball and did not use this as an advantage to cross examine him.  Total foul up for the prosecution, and the parents of the boy left the court a total mess. 

I do believe  the photo of Zimmerman's head looks authentic, he did get his head banged up as from the photo it seems to have been taken on scene at night.  Only thing I question is why so little blood, head wounds bleed big time.

Damnit Vesta, cross examine what? It was a f'n bail hearing, not the actual trial. As for bleeding from the head, I gashed my head open when I hit the sharp edge of a bumper on a 5-ton while coming out from underneath it performing 10 level maintenance. It bled, I wiped it off, and it stopped after no time. It has to do with clotting, and some people can clot easier than others. As for it not looking that bad, what the **** was Zimmerman supposed to do? Wait until he heard his cranium CRACK before shooting the kid? Wait for his pupils to be different shapes? Wait to become unconscious? The reason behind self-defense is to PREVENT that from happening and, from the images I saw, Zimmerman showed restraint. If he didn't, he'd have just shot the kid as soon as he knocked him to the ground.

Damn Vesta. If you watch one episode of Law and Order you'll be 1000 times more informed on the legal process than you are now.  ::)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »
Oh, so the owebumaManiaMedia has been dragged kicking and screaming into honestly reporting on this story ? Will miracles ever cease ?

I don't know about "honestly reporting" after showing Zimmerman's bloody head the ABC reporter all but accused him of being at fault and said if he hadn't been stalking Trayvon none of this would have happened.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 09:49:15 PM »
They are hedging their bets because the first news photos of Zimmerman showed him looking like a "white Hispanic". The photos and video from court show him to look more "brown Hispanic"  and the DUmmies hard wired identity politics chip is starting to kick in.
You can't hit the DUmpmonkeys too hard on that.

Some of the people here fell for the "poor, innocent, little Trayvon" bullshit, and were ready to lynch Zimmerman.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
Damnit Vesta, cross examine what? It was a f'n bail hearing, not the actual trial. As for bleeding from the head, I gashed my head open when I hit the sharp edge of a bumper on a 5-ton while coming out from underneath it performing 10 level maintenance. It bled, I wiped it off, and it stopped after no time. It has to do with clotting, and some people can clot easier than others. As for it not looking that bad, what the **** was Zimmerman supposed to do? Wait until he heard his cranium CRACK before shooting the kid? Wait for his pupils to be different shapes? Wait to become unconscious? The reason behind self-defense is to PREVENT that from happening and, from the images I saw, Zimmerman showed restraint. If he didn't, he'd have just shot the kid as soon as he knocked him to the ground.

Damn Vesta. If you watch one episode of Law and Order you'll be 1000 times more informed on the legal process than you are now.  ::)

True dat

Looks like to me the shooting was justified.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 03:17:46 AM »
Yo DUmbasses:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-case-exclusive-photo-shows-bloodied-back/story?id=16177849#.T5FQs9lWBIQ

Game, set, match.  :stirpot:

I just scanned the DUMP, can't find that photo anywhere. I am sure it will get posted but I am sure the DUmmies are already debunking it in their minds.The state of Florida is going to be real lucky if they are'nt sued for wrongful prosecution after this mess plays out.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 04:40:05 AM »

I just scanned the DUMP, can't find that photo anywhere. I am sure it will get posted but I am sure the DUmmies are already debunking it in their minds.The state of Florida is going to be real lucky if they are'nt sued for wrongful prosecution after this mess plays out.

With one (more) politically charged DA going down in flames, and potentially disbarred.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »

Damn Vesta. If you watch one episode of Law and Order you'll be 1000 times more informed on the legal process than you are now.  ::)
I smacked my head on an angle iron on the ship once and needed stitches it was so deep. Not that much blood. I have sewed up many a scalp wound and the bleeding was minimal. You want to bleed like a stuck pig then cut your forehead. One of the deck guys came in with a 3mm superficial wound right above his eyebrow and it looked like he was bleeding out. We cleaned him up and he didn't even get a band aid.
But Vesta is as much of an expert as nads. ::)
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
With one (more) politically charged DA going down in flames, and potentially disbarred.
It's like the libs pay no attention to the past. Like Mike Nifong never imploded. Whatever happened to that guy anyway ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »
I smacked my head on an angle iron on the ship once and needed stitches it was so deep. Not that much blood. I have sewed up many a scalp wound and the bleeding was minimal. You want to bleed like a stuck pig then cut your forehead. One of the deck guys came in with a 3mm superficial wound right above his eyebrow and it looked like he was bleeding out. We cleaned him up and he didn't even get a band aid.

Nope no expert in anything, but I did work in an emergency room in training but my best learning came from having two boy critters.

Do not bleed on the carpets, go to the kitchen so after I tend to you, I can clean up the mess.  Need to go to ER-- wrap the wound in a White towel, don't matter how busy the ER is, bring in a child with blood coming through the towel, instant service.

Be prepared night and day to have a boy critter break an arm leg, or their head.   Not an easy life for parents that have to get use to the bo-bo's of their kids.  We tend to forget that our own parents had to face us in out childhood the same way we have to face our own kids.-----Don't bleed on the carpets.

No way an expert on any darn thing in life BUT that does not preclude thinking on other matters.

EXAMPLE--------Say you are walking down the street in a gated comunity that you  are visiting in.

AGE 15-77 years old and just visiting family.     A dark and Stormie night light rain and only a few blocks to the home  you are staying at.  You notice that a car is very slowly following you, Why, who are they???

So you pull out your cell phone and call someone to tell them you are scared and they tell you to RUN.  

So you do and out of the night comes the stalker to demand you do as they say.  Now what, stand your ground and get ready to have a good old fight or run away and question your manhood day later.

Wonder what would have happend if under the hood was a Woman, one that took no shit from anyone.  But, But I thought it was a man, a bit younger then myself and when she refused to answer my questions she pushed me down and I boinked my head on the cement,  darn this unarmed woman wants to kill me, so I had no choice but to defend myself.

I do not care for the wounds received by an aggressor,   some one comes up to you and threatens you, you in some way fight back be it a word or a punch in the nose or even try to leave but the aggressor has a hold of you.

Survival you fight back, then the aggressor pulls a gun on you and kills you.    The aggressor claims self defence since you chose to fight back ????

Interesting law here, needs  bit of tweeking here and there to protect people from the agressors---bullys---that bitch that they punched a stranger in the face and the stranger broke their arms and legs so they managed to shoot him.

Interesting new world today, an agressor who starts a fight and if the other does not lay down like a dog and take it and tries to fight back, the agressor has the right to kill them in self defence ????

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 10:48:32 AM »
vesta, you will change your tune quickly if everyone who wanted to stop neighborhood crime left you to your own home defense. Be sure you lay down and take what you got coming when a rapist/burglar/mugger visits you in your gated community.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »
Nope no expert in anything, but I did work in an emergency room in training but my best learning came from having two boy critters.

Do not bleed on the carpets, go to the kitchen so after I tend to you, I can clean up the mess.  Need to go to ER-- wrap the wound in a White towel, don't matter how busy the ER is, bring in a child with blood coming through the towel, instant service.

Be prepared night and day to have a boy critter break an arm leg, or their head.   Not an easy life for parents that have to get use to the bo-bo's of their kids.  We tend to forget that our own parents had to face us in out childhood the same way we have to face our own kids.-----Don't bleed on the carpets.

No way an expert on any darn thing in life BUT that does not preclude thinking on other matters.

EXAMPLE--------Say you are walking down the street in a gated comunity that you  are visiting in.

AGE 15-77 years old and just visiting family.     A dark and Stormie night light rain and only a few blocks to the home  you are staying at.  You notice that a car is very slowly following you, Why, who are they???

So you pull out your cell phone and call someone to tell them you are scared and they tell you to RUN.  

So you do and out of the night comes the stalker to demand you do as they say.  Now what, stand your ground and get ready to have a good old fight or run away and question your manhood day later.

Wonder what would have happend if under the hood was a Woman, one that took no shit from anyone.  But, But I thought it was a man, a bit younger then myself and when she refused to answer my questions she pushed me down and I boinked my head on the cement,  darn this unarmed woman wants to kill me, so I had no choice but to defend myself.

I do not care for the wounds received by an aggressor,   some one comes up to you and threatens you, you in some way fight back be it a word or a punch in the nose or even try to leave but the aggressor has a hold of you.

Survival you fight back, then the aggressor pulls a gun on you and kills you.    The aggressor claims self defence since you chose to fight back ????

Interesting law here, needs  bit of tweeking here and there to protect people from the agressors---bullys---that bitch that they punched a stranger in the face and the stranger broke their arms and legs so they managed to shoot him.

Interesting new world today, an agressor who starts a fight and if the other does not lay down like a dog and take it and tries to fight back, the agressor has the right to kill them in self defence ????

That's quite a fantastic scenario that you have created, Vesta.  Looks like you have it all figured out.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »
...>

PC Intern, is that you?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 11:03:14 AM »
Vesta, please spend some time reading this. Read all of the updates.

LINK

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
I forgot to tell you Vesta, specifically read updates: #10 Part 1 and Update #9

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »
Here is something else to read Vesta:

LINK

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »
X_Digger (11,370 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

7. The thing I really wonder about..

.. is whether Zimmerman tried to tackle / detain / assault Martin.

And I think that's what the case will hinge on.

Yeah right, idiot! Zimmerman must have tackled him so he could get a concussion and a broken nose.

Do you morons even read what you write? Holy shit!

treestar (32,103 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

39. That's freepers for you

They are always 100% certain. The more certain they can sound, the truer something is. That makes it easy to know what is going on. No need to investigate and figure anything complicated out. Freepers hate anything left up in the air.

Boy, doesn't that sound exactly like the DUmp?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
Al Sharpton, calling Al Sharpton.....didn't think so. :lmao:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
I ran into a dumpster, struck my head on the right side and opened up a gusher.  I came within about half the width of the writing end of a sharpened pencil of severing an artery into my brain.  I remember standing up and thinking that I fell insomething beside the dumpster and walking back to the campsite to get a towel so I could hose off.  I remember seeing pretty lights at some point after that and waking up in the hospital.  I wound up needing 45 stitches and blood transfusions.

I had another where I fell and scraped the back of my head and didn't bleed a whole lot.  The DUmmies have no better and idea than anyone else not a medical professional about the amout of blood from a head wound.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »
I just thought of something else.  Zimmerman said, "Okay"  when the police dispatcher told him not to pursue, then he commented that he "lost him" as in he didn't see him anymore.  Why don't the DUmmies ever mention that Martin had seemingly broken contact with Zimmerman and Zimmerman seemed to be going back to his truck?
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »

Do not bleed on the carpets, go to the kitchen so after I tend to you, I can clean up the mess.  Need to go to ER-- wrap the wound in a White towel, don't matter how busy the ER is, bring in a child with blood coming through the towel, instant service.

Be prepared night and day to have a boy critter break an arm leg, or their head.   Not an easy life for parents that have to get use to the bo-bo's of their kids.  We tend to forget that our own parents had to face us in out childhood the same way we have to face our own kids.-----Don't bleed on the carpets.

That's nice. I did some training in the ER as well. Also I currently hold an EMT-I, RN (going for BSN), raised an accident prone boy and was a shipboard Corpsman. I think I know a little bit about how an ED operates and about head wounds as well as a multitude of others.
But I bow to your vast knowledge oh goddess of dependent wives. ::)

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »
^ You were a Navy corpse.man ?

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 05:54:13 AM »
^ You were a Navy corpse.man ?
Don't get me started on that one. :rotf:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »
That's nice. I did some training in the ER as well. Also I currently hold an EMT-I, RN (going for BSN), raised an accident prone boy and was a shipboard Corpsman. I think I know a little bit about how an ED operates and about head wounds as well as a multitude of others.
But I bow to your vast knowledge oh goddess of dependent wives. ::)

:lmao: :lmao:

April, You have seen more banged up people in say a month then I did in my 6 week rotations.  Also as this was a big city hospital the military doctors trained there as few had ever had to deal with war wounds, shootings stabbings blunt force trauma etc in shore side hospitals.   Sooner or later they would have to to come to grips with things in  war zone they seldom saw in State Side military facilitys-----This was 1979-1983.

I went into Geriatrics as I enjoyed the Old Folk, Hated ANYTHING TO DO WITH CHILDREN as I get woozy when a child is harmed.     I was not good material for emergency treatment especially for bad burns and hated the physic. wards, these poor people scared me to death for good reason, I was attacked by a patient that got ahold of real silverware and stabbed me in the gut with a fork.   [ Mother f*ckin Orderly that accompanied me to the hospital stole my eye shadow ].  

So much has changed in 30+ years, when I walk into a hospital 80% of the stuff used today is a mystery to me.  Seems everything needs a Tec. non nurse to operate.  The LPNs and Aids do the grunt work, RN's mostly paper work.

I laugh HO-HO at anyone that leaves a field or carear and years later go back and find  or think they understand even 24% of the changes that constantly evolve not just decade to decade but month to month.

As far as being an expert on military wives , hell NO, each generation had different problems, different wars. I can only report on my observations in my time,  some things remain the same, but the experiences my grandmothers went through in the WW1, My moms experiences in WW2, and mine in the 196O'S to 1980 's are totally different due to changes in society and technology.

Today's military wives are a different breed, their husbands are at sea or in the field with WOMAN for months at a time. Soon to come WOMAN in our Silent Service.  Sh*t, this will be interesting,  Human nature you know.

Then the Woman married with children that head out armed as the men for months at a time,  unheard of except for the Nurses that went to the battle lines outside the combat area to patch up our men and boys. [most unmarried with no dependents].

Give me a break, I cannot keep up with all the new stuff, so foreign from my youth.   Time keeps turning, turning into the future, good song, Future Shock, and WTF is the problem for those that try their damnest to rearrange their thinking at this point most every day.