Author Topic: DUmb-lock Holmes dixiegrrl tries to figure out chemicals, ends up with H2SO4.  (Read 747 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Star Member dixiegrrrrl (23,545 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Chemistry geeks: what are these 2 chemicals? ( the House wants to reduce the import duty on them)
I figure that if the Repubs are trying to legislate lower duties on these chemicals,
it must be benefiting them in some way.

H.R. 4358: To extend the temporary reduction of duty on 2-Methyl-5-nitrobenzenesulfonic acid.
and
H.R. 4359: To suspend temporarily the duty on Benzenesulfonyl chloride.
Sponsor: Rep. Mick Mulvaney

We obviously are importing them, it appears from China. Have no clue what they are used for, or why they would be singled out in a bill.
Same sponsor on both bills.

Oh, those? When you inject those into liberal chicks, it removes the hair from their armpits and sanitizes their lady parts. Nothing to worry over.

dixiegrrrrl (23,545 posts) 
11. Good place to find all of his bills on chemicals. Thanks.

View profile
I KNOW there is something behind this, but what it is is not clear.

Um, idiot? Someone greased the guy's palm to get cheaper goods from China so you can buy cheaper shit here.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
 :lmao:  this conspiracy theory is gonna be fun to watch develop

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Someone get the vinegar! :panic:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgol9j1_CiE[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 67 Rover

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Someone get the vinegar! :panic:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgol9j1_CiE[/youtube]
I seem to constantly underestimate the number of deranged people in the population.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Karin

Warpy got to the bottom of it!

Response to dixiegrrrrl (Original post)
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 07:59 AM
 Warpy (62,965 posts)

2. Both are used in the production of dyes and pigments

and the latter is also used in perfumes and drugs, although its main use is in producing peroxides. So increasing duties might create an undue hardship for all those bottle blondes at Pox News.

China is the main global supplier of both chemicals.

(No, I'm not that smart and my years of chemical engineering were many, many years ago. I just looked them up)

What, she's taking her cues from Nadin now? 

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.

Cooking meth and boiling skag in a dirty spoon is the extent of her chemical engineering experience.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
chemical engineering = pocketing pharmecuticals from the locked cabinet at the hospital.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
I seem to constantly underestimate the number of deranged people in the population.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the common human.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEUAicXcJCo&feature=related[/youtube]
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

They're contrails. Where is the chemtrail tag coming from ? In no way will contrails ever be shown to have the ability to advance a lib agenda. They're completely innocuous. Dude spread more pollution driving his piston internal combustion engine to his secret observation spot.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
They're contrails. Where is the chemtrail tag coming from ? In no way will contrails ever be shown to have the ability to advance a lib agenda. They're completely innocuous. Dude spread more pollution driving his piston internal combustion engine to his secret observation spot.

Those kooks don't understand contrails. They believe they are chemicals used by the government to control our minds.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

Those kooks don't understand contrails. They believe they are chemicals used by the government to control our minds.
That's exactly what someone from the government who is controlling my mind would say.  :-)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
That's exactly what someone from the government who is controlling my mind would say.  :-)

That attitude got SpiralHawk TS'd from DU early this year. That was a shame.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline DumbAss Tanker

It's kind of an inside joke here, going back quite a ways.  Among the DUmmies, one of their big conspiracy theories was ChemTrails, the idea that some kind of harmful (Psychotropics for behavior control?  Something of the sort, anyway) were being spread masked in jet contrails to control (Or do something nefarious) to the populace.  Sort of a Leftie counterpart to the far-right-wing (Or wacko Libertarian) black helicopter thing.  DU relegated the Troofers, ChemTrail freaks, and other assorted nutbar posts that made even DU look bad to their own little Devil's Island subforum for CT stuff some time ago. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline obumazombie

It's kind of an inside joke here, going back quite a ways.  Among the DUmmies, one of their big conspiracy theories was ChemTrails, the idea that some kind of harmful (Psychotropics for behavior control?  Something of the sort, anyway) were being spread masked in jet contrails to control (Or do something nefarious) to the populace.  Sort of a Leftie counterpart to the far-right-wing (Or wacko Libertarian) black helicopter thing.  DU relegated the Troofers, ChemTrail freaks, and other assorted nutbar posts that made even DU look bad to their own little Devil's Island subforum for CT stuff some time ago. 
Ahssssso (say it like Charlie Chan).

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so yeah. I'd bet she really wants the DOTY this year too.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline 67 Rover

Grapefruit juice a la UGpanther
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

...and have been using them to control our minds since 1944
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wfOrez6q7WM[/youtube]
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Y2K was the first Internet Age craze. For the first time, lunatics could gather in great numbers and exchange "information".

Previously, conspiracy nut causes like anti-fluoridation had far greater difficulty maintaining communications and publicity.

With the internet, whole nutbag communities can flourish, and they have.

After Y2K evaporated, the nuts needed a new rallying point, and a paranoid schizophrenic somewhere came up with the idea of chemtrails.

It took off like wildfire, but eventually the 911 conspiracy nuts won out, and marginalized the chemtrail nuts.

Soon, the BFEE nuts, trying to figure out how Rove was able to kick their asses twice by stealing Florida and Ohio, pushed the 911 MIHOP and LIHOP nuts into padded cells.

If the jug-eared muslim loses in November, a whole new generation of conspiracy nutcases will be spawned, and they will likely label all the BFEE conspiracists as lunatics, and take their place as the pre-eminent community of nuts.

Of course, the internet is a big place, with room for more than one community of lunatics.

While the BFEE haters (along with their subgroup, the global warmers) are currently most prominent, groups like the anti-vaccination nuts and the cellphone-brain cancer nuts can still prosper.

These nutcase communities are always stalwarts of the democrat base.