Author Topic: Can we stop fat shaming politicians we don't like?  (Read 3606 times)

Offline CC27

Can we stop fat shaming politicians we don't like?
« on: July 03, 2017, 08:59:50 AM »
Star Member femmedem (3,022 posts)

Can we stop fat shaming politicians we don't like?

I don't like Christie or Trump any more than the rest of us.

But I do like our fellow DUers, regardless of their weight. And I can see from some of the responses in other threads that when we fat shame politicians, they feel the sting.

Did you think it was ok when Trump mocked a reporter for his disability because he didn't like the reporter?

Would you think it was ok to use a racial slur about Ben Carson because you disagree with him?

Would you think it was ok to disparage Caitlyn Jenner for being trans because you don't like her politics?

After reading fat joke after fat joke in another thread, I felt like I had to speak up, or I would be like the white person in the room who stays quiet when everyone else is telling racist jokes.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029282334

Shut up fat ass.  :-)

Offline SVPete

Re: Can we stop fat shaming politicians we don't like?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »
Is "Star Member femmedem" trolling for a "Hide" or a time-out? DU-folk cheered Hilliary's condemnation of 1/4 of American voters as racists, misogynists, etc. and giggled over the "nude statues" of a fat and less-than-well-endowed Donald Trump, while calling Trump's snark about Mika's IQ and face lift a "vicious" attack. On DU the word "standards" is spelled "P-A-R-T-I-S-A-N".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 09:46:55 AM »
After reading some of the responses, all I can say is they are really full of compassion for others. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

They are all a bunch of self righteous hypocrites. :argh: :argh: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »
And the truth shall set you free!  :-)

Star Member former9thward (18,466 posts)
35. If there was a rule that when a poster makes fun of someone's looks

they had to post a picture of themselves. those posts would drop to zero.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:00:12 AM »
And the truth shall set you free!  :-)

Star Member former9thward (18,466 posts)
35. If there was a rule that when a poster makes fun of someone's looks

they had to post a picture of themselves. those posts would drop to zero.

ZAP! That one left marks!

FWIW, my current avatar has me in it, along with my She-Who-Must-Be-Loved and the Y turret of the HMS Belfast. It isn't obvious, but it would be incorrect to say that I am svelte.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 12:54:10 PM »

ZAP! That one left marks!

FWIW, my current avatar has me in it, along with my She-Who-Must-Be-Loved and the Y turret of the HMS Belfast. It isn't obvious, but it would be incorrect to say that I am svelte.

Same here but I just hit the big 150 (150 Lbs). Was in the mid 130s for most of my adult life. Weighed 124 on the day I graduated HS. Still while I don't go out of my way to comment on others weight I do enjoy making fun of the fatties of the dump, of which there seems to be a bumper crop.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 01:12:03 PM »
Quote from:
femmedem

Can we stop saying things that daily confirm just how stupid liberals really are?

Essentially the same question. The answer is the same for both.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
Quote from:
femmedem

Would you think it was ok to use a racial slur about Ben Carson because you disagree with him?

Would you think it was ok to disparage Caitlyn Jenner for being trans because you don't like her politics?

DUers have done so many times. The primitive CatWoman (of dead daughter fame) even told her fellow comrades on the island that it's OK for them to call conservative blacks whatever they want and she would back them up. Conservative twinkies are constantly dragged into the gutter for what they view as their conflicted stances (no pun intended).

The rule on the island is that conservatives are to be attacked for any reason and liberals are to be protected at all costs. Now it's your forum and whatever you want to do is in your hands. Just own up to it, that's the least you could do.

You're hypocrites. We document it. Carry on.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:23:25 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
femmedem

You mean like portraying SecState Rice as G. W. Bush's parrot?

You mean like calling Associate Justice Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom"?

You mean like calling conservative blacks "House N______"?

You mean like posting rape fantasies about Michelle (Maglalang) Malkin?

I wonder how many minutes it would take me to find Progs applying racial epithets to Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley?

As I posted on another thread, on DU the word "Standards" is spelled "P-A-R-T-IS-A-N", and that includes usage of racial epithets.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 03:26:09 AM »
You mean like portraying SecState Rice as G. W. Bush's parrot?

You mean like calling Associate Justice Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom"?

You mean like calling conservative blacks "House N______"?

You mean like posting rape fantasies about Michelle (Maglalang) Malkin?

I wonder how many minutes it would take me to find Progs applying racial epithets to Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley?

As I posted on another thread, on DU the word "Standards" is spelled "P-A-R-T-IS-A-N", and that includes usage of racial epithets.
Beat me to it.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 09:13:54 AM »
I am fortunate enough that I can eat as much as I want, and not gain weight.  However, I struggle with a lot of other things. (alcohol)   After taking a nutrition class and writing a paper on the relation between obesity and diabetes.   I could link diabetes rates to obesity, county by county.   People have limbs amputated because of diabetes.  I don't wan't to fat shame anyone, but please think of your health.   DUmmies  eat 'til you die.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »
...   After taking a nutrition class and writing a paper on the relation between obesity and diabetes.   I could link diabetes rates to obesity, county by county.   People have limbs amputated because of diabetes.  I don't wan't to fat shame anyone, but please think of your health.   DUmmies  eat 'til you die.

Diabetes compromises blood circulation to extremities. When I first heard of TMN having had a foot amputated my first thought was that he is a diabetic. He attribute has loss to a staph infection, but that doesn't preclude diabetes having impaired his immune system and ability to fight the infection.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 02:46:20 PM »
Diabetes compromises blood circulation to extremities. When I first heard of TMN having had a foot amputated my first thought was that he is a diabetic. He attribute has loss to a staph infection, but that doesn't preclude diabetes having impaired his immune system and ability to fight the infection.

Wrong.

Way wrong.

He attributed it to "staff" infection.

<<<nitpicking.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure on my last job there were some "ladies" I could've gotten a staff infection from.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »
Wrong.

Way wrong.

He attributed it to "staff" infection.

<<<nitpicking.

True. I just assumed it was a spelling error rather than an allusion to something ... else.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 03:56:29 PM »
The silly DUmmy probably has used the term "Marshall" law as well.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 01:06:33 AM »
I think a "staff infection" is a male STD.   :panic:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”