Author Topic: Get a F@#KING Job Grandma!!!  (Read 1476 times)

Offline CC27

Get a F@#KING Job Grandma!!!
« on: May 24, 2017, 12:47:51 PM »
maxrandb (6,493 posts)

Last edited Tue May 23, 2017, 11:50 AM - Edit history (1)

that appears to be the "hard choices" the ReTrumplicans are proposing with their budget...and make no mistake. This is NOT Donnie "Short Fingers" budget...it's the ReTrumplicans. Don't let them run away from it.

Heard some talking head on NPR this morning talking about the "tough choices" states are going to have to make. Cut benefits to the poor, reduce eligibility for the disabled, etc. The only "tough choice" that was missing was TAXING THE ****ING SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE LIKE DONALD TRUMP.

**** - kicking poor people takes ZERO political courage. Raising taxes on the 1%? Well, that would take some ****ing political courage.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/22/trump-budget-cut-social-programs-238696

"Mulvaney rejected accusations that Trump’s budget unfairly targets the poor, arguing instead that it amounts to a broad rethink of the country’s welfare system.

“We need folks to work. We need people to go to work. If you’re on food stamps, and you're able-bodied, we need you to go to work. If you’re on disability insurance and you're not supposed to be, we need you to work,” he added. “There’s a dignity to work, and there’s a necessity to work.”"

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029105007

DUmmie is pissed the gravy train might end.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: Get a F@#KING Job Grandma!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »
“We need folks to work. We need people to go to work. If you’re on food stamps, and you're able-bodied, we need you to go to work. If you’re on disability insurance and you're not supposed to be, we need you to work,”

Makes perfect sense to normal people.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »
Mulvaney rejected accusations that Trump’s budget unfairly targets the poor, arguing instead that it amounts to a broad rethink of the country’s welfare system.

“We need folks to work. We need people to go to work. If you’re on food stamps, and you're able-bodied, we need you to go to work. If you’re on disability insurance and you're not supposed to be, we need you to work,” he added. “There’s a dignity to work, and there’s a necessity to work.”"

The fact, DUmmies, that this pisses you off is the problem.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »
Oh the travesty, of having to earn what you receive in life.  To lurking DUmmies, you tend to appreciate the things you have earned and  worked for.  Just saying.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »
If you can't earn your keep there is a seat on the train to the FEMA labor camp on the eastern front. there will be plenty of work, bread , water and reeducation.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »
Same old Poverty Card shtick:

World Ends tomorrow!

Women and children worst affected!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »
“We need folks to work. We need people to go to work. If you’re on food stamps, and you're able-bodied, we need you to go to work. If you’re on disability insurance and you're not supposed to be, we need you to work,”

I agree with that but sympathize with business owners who have people like this on payroll since they are just a "slip" or "fall" away from filing a huge workers comp claim so they can get back on the gravy train.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 02:50:20 PM »
I agree with that but sympathize with business owners who have people like this on payroll since they are just a "slip" or "fall" away from filing a huge workers comp claim so they can get back on the gravy train.

Or as happened to me, said employee says I caused her mental anguish because I told her to her job, be in on time, and work 8 hours a day.

I fired her when after five minutes of explaining the task to her she said, and I will never forget this, "It would be easier for me if you could just do this."  I told her "Then one of us is not needed." and fired her.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 02:53:36 PM »
I was thinking if you got all the lazy loafers that can work off the government tit then there would be plenty of money left over to take care of grandma.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
The BIG LIE is there are no cuts. There are reductions to proposed budget increases, but that's not a cut anywhere in the normal world. Only in DC can a reduction in an increase be called a cut. Would that there were real cuts, but that won't happen until we can string them all up by their necks.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 03:58:38 PM »
The BIG LIE is there are no cuts. There are reductions to proposed budget increases, but that's not a cut anywhere in the normal world. Only in DC can a reduction in an increase be called a cut. Would that there were real cuts, but that won't happen until we can string them all up by their necks.

I remember Tom McClintock explaining exactly that -- budget "cuts" are not cuts in the way real humans understand them.  So if you had Program A and had expected a 100% increase in funding and only get a 50% increase that is a 50% cut.  And even if the program is to create a Death Ray, that 50% will hurt women, children and minorities to the point they will be dead bodies in the street for NOT making the Death Ray.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »

Yeah, that's something that pisses me off a great deal; that Democrats, liberals, and primitives have so much control over the language they can easily manipulate it--a cut in a proposed increase is simply a "cut," and so on.

Somehow, this misapplication of the language needs to be roped, tied down, and dragged somewhere where the liars can't use it any more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »
maxrandb (6,493 posts)

<hysterics>

Grandma is on SS and Medicare.  As far I know no cuts to those programs.  Meanwhile we spend, combined state and fed, an estimated  1 trillion, with a T, per year on welfare and its many benefits.  It is estimated because no one can say for certain how much it truly is.  Cut it 40 percent and guess what? The budget(s) is balanced on both the state and fed level.

What is the spending on Welfare?

In FY 2017 total US government spending on welfare — federal, state, and local — is “guesstimated” to be $1,117 billion, that is 1.117 trillion for you math impaired dummies including $716 billion for Medicaid, and $411 billion in other welfare.

Figures come from the government themselves.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_welfare_spending_40.html

Don't believe that? Well take a look at the senate figures from 2011:

https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/CRS%20Report%20-%20Welfare%20Spending%20The%20Largest%20Item%20In%20The%20Federal%20Budget.pdf

Still don't believe me? Well please notice that this washpo article/opinion does not dispute the amount spent, just whether poverty has declined.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/01/12/no-we-dont-spend-1-trillion-on-welfare-each-year/

No dummies... Grandma is going to be just fine.  You lazy asses on the other hand might be just need to face reality and get a job. 

For some reason up until the 1960's this country seemed to get along just fine without welfare and mass starvation.

Personally I hope all you dummies end up in the gutter dying of hunger.  This would please me. Then I would have more money to spend on my family instead of yours.  I know our quality of life would improve. Obviously I don't care about yours. 

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 08:29:32 PM »

There should be a Constitutional Amendment that Congress must start from a blank page every year when making their budget (no previous years baseline and increase by x%), and that payments from the gov to individuals except for goods or services received are unconstitutional.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 10:18:27 AM »
If you can't earn your keep there is a seat on the train to the FEMA labor camp on the eastern front. there will be plenty of work, bread , water and reeducation.

Much cheaper.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 02:51:03 PM »
Or as happened to me, said employee says I caused her mental anguish because I told her to her job, be in on time, and work 8 hours a day.

I fired her when after five minutes of explaining the task to her she said, and I will never forget this, "It would be easier for me if you could just do this."  I told her "Then one of us is not needed." and fired her.
Was she from the participation trophy generation?
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 05:55:48 PM »
Was she from the participation trophy generation?

Nope. Came with good references but just couldn't handle the environment of a small company. I fought her all the way and won.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
Nope. Came with good references but just couldn't handle the environment of a small company. I fought her all the way and won.
how much did it cost you in time and money to win?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:13 PM »
>“We need folks to work. We need people to go to work. If you’re on food stamps, and you're able-bodied, we need you to go to work. If you’re on disability insurance and you're not supposed to be, we need you to work,” he added. “There’s a dignity to work, and there’s a necessity to work.”"

Well said.  I do not expect a faithful democrat to understand it.  If you can hold a hand out, get a job with that good hand.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 03:22:46 AM »

Actually, to Trump's great credit, there actually are some real, genuine cuts (not just reductions in the increase in spending) in this budget. I came across a really great document yesterday that lays this all out beautifully. It's like 182 pages, but what it is is a line-item of each thing that is actually being cut, and then each subsequent page has a specific description of why it is being cut, complete with citations.  So, for example, LIHEAP is being eliminated.  As they note, it has been completely riddled with fraud for decades. They don't note it in that particular document, but LIHEAP has been used as a "crowbar" to other federal programs for years now.  How it works is that someone comes along to the welfare office and they don't actually qualify for welfare or food stamps or whatever, but the social worker says "well, you have trouble meeting your electric bill, right? *wink* *wink*" and whoever it is says "yeah, sure."  So they are "qualified" for LIHEAP, and then, because they qualify for one federal assistance program, they automatically qualify for all federal assistance programs.  TA DA!  Instant food stamps, instant TANF, instant cash to go buy booze, cigarettes, drugs, and lottery tickets.

So there are actual genuine cuts here.  BUT, and this is a big "but," these are cuts from the 2017 CR that literally gave Obama everything he wanted and then some.  Remember that one?  Ryan and McMilquetoast just gave away the store without so much as a twitch, and the Democrats all praised them for it.  So if you go back and look at just a few years ago, you find that the 2017 CR had huge increases in the budget, as did the previous years under Obama.  So, for example, HUD rental assistance funding is being cut from $37,162,000,000 in 2017 down to $35,228,000,000, about a $1.9B cut.  But as recently as 2014, HUD's rental assistance budget was $33,954,000,000, so Trump's budget is still a 3.7% increase over just five years ago.  But if you go back and look at that same budget in 2007, ten years ago, it was $20,202,000,000.  Ergo, in ten years, most of which were Obama's, that budget damn near doubled.  I know that rent has gotten higher since then, but it sure as shit hasn't DOUBLED in that amount of time, nor has there actually been anything like that amount of increase in actual need.

There are genuine, actual cuts that Trump has made (note: *NOT* to Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid), but they're really just a very slight trim off of the MASSIVE amounts that President Zero managed to bulldoze into Democrat cronyism over his time in office, and we're not even CLOSE to the levels of spending when Zero took office.   This can't even be qualified as a fiscal haircut; it's more like a shave.  Not even a close one.