Author Topic: Bad news for the DUmmies that were planning their "troopergate" windfall  (Read 831 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

This post was taken with permission from one of the other sites I visit.  :-)

1. Letter from the Alaska Attorney General stating that the investigation against Palin that is being carried out by Alaska Democrat Senator Hollis French (Obama supporter) is illegal and against state constitution.

Link

2. COPY OF PALIN'S ETHICS DISCLOSURE FORM FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF ALASKA (contains detailed facts of the case):

Link

3. Alaska Dem Senator Hollis French (Obama supporter) is leading the illegal legislative investigation and was supposed to hire an "independent investigator" (to eliminate bias in the investigation). French just got caught controlling the "independent investigator" that he hired. Audio of hearing:

Link

UPDATE: LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST DEM HOLLIS FRENCH AND HIS COHORTS

Source is the Anchorage Daily News blog site;

From an e-mail sent overnight by Anchorage attorney Kevin Clarkson:

Five Alaska Legislators, Rep. Wes Keller, Rep. Mike Kelly, Rep. Bob Lynn, Sen. Fred Dyson, and Sen. Tom Wagoner, will file suit in state superior court in Anchorage tomorrow morning (9/16/08) at 9:00 am (Superior courthouse 4th Avenue) against Sen. French, Sen. Kim Elton, Stephen Branchflower and the Alaska Legislative Council in order to halt the investigation of Governor Sarah Palin and others because the investigators have lost the appearance of impartiality required under the Alaska Constitution. The Legislators will ask for declaratory and injunctive relief in the investigation, stating that it is an attempt to use the Alaska Legislative Council to further partisan politics.

The Legislators cite in their lawsuit that the investigation into the firing of former Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Public safety Walt Monegan, led by Sens. Hollis French and Kim Elton, with Stephen Branchflower and the Alaska Legislative Council, is being driven by partisan politics in an attempt to unlawfully smear Gov. Palin and others.

“The Partisan actions of Sen. French, Sen. Elton and the Legislative Council have tainted the investigation beyond the appearance of impartiality required under the Alaska Constitution,” said Kevin Clarkson, Esq., of the firm Brena, Bell & Clarkson, P.C., and counsel in the suit.

The investigation, which began after Monegan’s dismissal in July 2008, is being led by outspoken supporters of Barack Obama and members of the Democratic Party. Sen. Elton, the Chair of the Legislative Council donated $2,000 to the Obama campaign but has failed to disclose this to the Legislative Council and he continues to preside over the Council with respect to the investigation, refusing to convene meetings of the Council at the request of a majority of the Council’s membership. Sen. French the investigation “project manager” failed to disclose to the Legislative Council the comments he made on a radio program criticizing the Governor’s conduct regarding the termination of Monegan as “criminal” prior to being appointed as the investigation “project manager” and even prior to a vote to investigate at all. Sen. French also failed to disclose to the Legislative Council that he had a personal bone to pick with the Governor over the Monegan firing because Monegan was a friend and because he had worked closely with Monegan during the 2008 legislative session regarding attempts to include in the state budget items that Governor Palin had vetoed.

Link
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Bad news for the DUmmies that were planning their "troopergate" windfall
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »
Hey, anything can happen in 24 business hours.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:43:53 PM »
I wonder if Hollis French can hire Johnny Cochran? Oh wait he can't.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »
Cochran is busy in Vegas right now, but I am sure he will be free soon.
 :popcorn:
 :fuelfire:
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!