Author Topic: Kill the messenger, kill him NOW!  (Read 2119 times)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Kill the messenger, kill him NOW!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »
Lurking libs! Occam's Razor is your friend.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Karin

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »
it could be any paid provocateur working on behalf of any one of the MANY parties who have an interest in discrediting OWS.

I am starting to have a physical reaction every time I read this.  I feel like punching someone.  They keep repeating this back to each other.  Aren't they sick of it?  Don't they see how insane it sounds? 

I agree with GOBUCKS here:

The occupoopers may be annoying, but we owe them thanks for becoming the new face of the democrat party.
  Absolutely.  Post those pics wherever you can.  Show them to friends and neighbors.  I may post one on the community board at Stewart's. 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
I am starting to have a physical reaction every time I read this.  I feel like punching someone.  They keep repeating this back to each other.  Aren't they sick of it?  Don't they see how insane it sounds? 

I agree with GOBUCKS here:
  Absolutely.  Post those pics wherever you can.  Show them to friends and neighbors.  I may post one on the community board at Stewart's. 

Karin, I cannot even begin to count the times I through my life have escaped arrest for bopping men on the head when they kept their hats on when our Flag was marched down the street.    No one that knows me will take me to Nascar or a sporting event as they know when our National Anthem is played or sang any man wearing a cap will get a surprise from me.

To wittiness a American flag being set on fire is outside the realm of my understanding.

Have these people never buried a family member with a flag draped coffin and heard the words when the flag was presented to family, "A grateful nation"?

Perverted by greed and no loyalty to anyone, what do they care, their family will never hear these words about their family when they get shot down in the street for their actions. 

It is a huge honor to serve the free world, and the ones that do may they live a long life are not forgotten. The Youth that give up their lives and future be it death or the terror of armed combat, all deserve a " Greatfull Nation"

Those born in the USA are blessed, the Flag to be burned is akin to someone killing their own family.   America is family, to burn the Flag is to crap on the family that for the grace of God we were born into-------These idiots could have been born in Ethiopia or Kenya.

Symbols are powerful to the Human, besides the Cross, the symbol of freedom bought on the blood of others to give us the freedom to actually do this act of betrayal, speaks for itself.

Blame this on the Supreme Court that says it is OK and fine to desecrate in one way our country's symbol, Kill unborn baby's and darn next you know perfectally fine to use freedom of speech to set off bombs down town.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
Karin, I cannot even begin to count the times I through my life have escaped arrest for bopping men on the head when they kept their hats on when our Flag was marched down the street.    No one that knows me will take me to Nascar or a sporting event as they know when our National Anthem is played or sang any man wearing a cap will get a surprise from me.

To wittiness a American flag being set on fire is outside the realm of my understanding.

Have these people never buried a family member with a flag draped coffin and heard the words when the flag was presented to family, "A grateful nation"?

Perverted by greed and no loyalty to anyone, what do they care, their family will never hear these words about their family when they get shot down in the street for their actions. 

It is a huge honor to serve the free world, and the ones that do may they live a long life are not forgotten. The Youth that give up their lives and future be it death or the terror of armed combat, all deserve a " Greatfull Nation"

Those born in the USA are blessed, the Flag to be burned is akin to someone killing their own family.   America is family, to burn the Flag is to crap on the family that for the grace of God we were born into-------These idiots could have been born in Ethiopia or Kenya.

Symbols are powerful to the Human, besides the Cross, the symbol of freedom bought on the blood of others to give us the freedom to actually do this act of betrayal, speaks for itself.

Blame this on the Supreme Court that says it is OK and fine to desecrate in one way our country's symbol, Kill unborn baby's and darn next you know perfectally fine to use freedom of speech to set off bombs down town.

:clap:

That was pretty much the best post I've ever seen you make.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »

You could tell her that without pasting in her whole post.

Her posts are painful even on the rare occasions when they're well-intended. I'd be greatfull.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »

Her posts are painful even on the rare occasions when they're well-intended. I'd be greatfull.
Doesn't matter.
I'll give an H5 myself.
Xnks Vesta.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »

Credit where credit is due.

That was an excellent post.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »

It wasn't an Agent Provocateur

"He asked the crowd, 'What do you want us to do with the flag?'" Johnson recalled. "They said, 'Burn it! Burn it! Burn it!'"

As many egged on the bandanna-masked men, lighters were passed around. A photographer on assignment for The Associated Press said a woman rose from among the crowd to urge against the flag-burning. She then threw the flag to the ground and tried to put out the fire, shouting at them that it would only hurt their cause.

The fire-starter is not an anarchist, but a typical member of Occupy Oakland who feels the system has failed them, said Johnson, who pulled out his cellphone to show his recording of the flag-burning.

"I would describe him as someone who loves his country, but also disappointed in the system that's running this country," said Johnson, who goes by the nickname "Uncle Boom" and was a sergeant in the U.S. Army.

Read the whole thing:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/occupy-protest-rekindles-debate-about-flag-burning-1.3489116
New thread same topic.

Last edited Mon Jan 30, 2012, 10:24 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)

there's no telling how deep the conspiracy goes.

Edit: bookmarking the link for further use. Thanks for posting.

Sid

Snark from sid?

BeFree
2. Yep

They were. But that still gives no call for the police rioting.

The police were, once again, wrong. They need to control themselves.
    :mental: :mental:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 07:35:59 AM »
:clap:

Agreed, LC.  H5 given to vesta.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »
This guy is talking to pintobean, the OPer:

rhett o rick (19,698 posts)

3. What is your agenda to shame Occupy? Why would you go to such lengths?

The fact that you are willing to push the right wing talking points makes me wonder how you quality to post on DU.

I believe in karma, and you will reap what you sow. 

Dangerously unhinged.  You lunatic, pintobean didn't "shame" Occupy.  They did it to themselves. 

pintobean (4,907 posts)

8. I posted a news article.

If you don't want the facts, don't read the ****ing thing. Better yet, put me on ignore. It's not up to you who gets to post here. I've been here 8 years and I don't appreciate your insult. 

rhett o rick (19,698 posts)
13. So you wont tell us what your agenda is? Why you disparage OWS. Are you Sean Hannity? nm

EFerrari (159,314 posts)
5. Lmao. Your evidence is that this guy incited a crowd

and that someone there thought they knew him

lol.  After that, she demands more evidence.  Just like in the instance of the reporter being assaulted and raped by the Egyptian mob.  She said, "that's just one story and unverified."