Author Topic: Let's Have A Little More Afro-Centrism  (Read 1327 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Let's Have A Little More Afro-Centrism
« on: December 17, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »
SemiCharmedQuark  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-17-09 09:59 AM
Original message
Two Black Role Models Done In By Hubris
 What do you think of this article?

In the past few weeks, the two most famous and arguably most successful black men in America have taken a huge fall. It has become clear that both pro golfer Tiger Woods, just named Athlete of the Year by the Associated Press, and the American president, Barack Obama, the first black person to lead the country, suffer from a surfeit of hubris which has finally caught up with them. If both men somehow thought they were untouchable, they have been put to right. Both have crashed to earth and it may well be true that they can never recover their earlier status again.

While Woods' "indiscretions" affect only himself and his family, he has felt the sting of the media invasion and a permanent loss of privacy. His reputation as sport's good family guy is gone. For Barack Obama the honeymoon is really over, even those who wanted to give him a chance are getting tired of what is not getting done, what was promised and reneged on. There is disappointment enough in both of them.

It is tragic when an icon falls. When a black icon stumbles the tragedy seems doubly problematic. Mike Tyson, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jackson were all at the tops of their fields before revelations that made them less palatable as heroes and less of a role model for young black men. They have all been partially rehabilitated but not without a huge cost...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-solod-warren/two-black-role-models-don_b_394421.html

What do I think?

I think it is a load of horsehit. Each personality listed is an entertainer or athlete. It reduces blacks to harlequin status for their white lords who will by proxy heap money and job opportunities on "lesser blacks" via welfare, food stamps, affirmative action etc.

What galls me most about liberalsim is that people who have to ACCOMPLISH something other than leaping and gyrating do not get recognized. Where are the mentions of the Clarence Thomas, Janice Rogers Brown, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell and Condoleeza Rice personalities?

Why can't they be role models?

ANSWER: Self-reliane leads to conservatism

You sure as hell wouldn't want young "blacks" (never called Americans) to grow-up to be the next Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or Jeremiah Wright.

Oh...and BTW: Barack Obama is half white....as is Tiger Woods.  Which side should ANYbody follow?

Unless it has nothing to do with color but "content of their character".

You ****ing racist pinheads.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline bkg

Re: Let's Have A Little More Afro-Centrism
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »
And neither "black" is black.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »
It's ironic that these bonfires are being lit, given that a week or two ago, my fellow alum mausoleumed the only authentic black man on Skins's island, the Hamden Rice primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chump

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
Also, Tiger was named Athlete of the Decade, not Year.  Lazy writing bothers me.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline bkg

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
Also, Tiger was named Athlete of the Decade, not Athlete of the Year.  Lazy writing bothers me.

:tongue: :tongue:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »
It's ironic that these bonfires are being lit, given that a week or two ago, my fellow alum mausoleumed the only authentic black man on Skins's island, the Hamden Rice primitive.

I thought H2Oman was black?

Maybe the reason that Tiger never claimed  nor wanted to be called black, is that he didn't want to be held as a role model for black kids only.

Offline Chump

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 12:19:29 PM »
:tongue: :tongue:

I'll admit, I could go for a nice, generous pour of good brandy.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 05:32:15 PM »

Maybe the reason that Tiger never claimed  nor wanted to be called black, is that he didn't want to be held as a role model for black kids only.

No. It was the wimmin. Who knows how many of them?

Offline longview

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »
Very narrow-minded article there.  I prefer to consider a person's accomplishments individually. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
Maybe now Tiger will come out as a legitimate black athlete superstar. Watch for the neck tattoos.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 06:11:13 PM »
Don't forget about the earrings along with the lip and nose ring. :evillaugh:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »
Maybe now Tiger will come out as a legitimate black athlete superstar. Watch for the neck tattoos.

or a face tattoo like Tyson. Maybe he will become a Muslim and join the Nation of Islam and golf wearing a tight black suit or is it robes?.

Offline bkg

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »
Don't forget about the earrings along with the lip and nose ring. :evillaugh: