Author Topic: DU polls their election issues  (Read 13971 times)

Offline jtyangel

DU polls their election issues
« on: January 02, 2008, 09:00:57 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x3926337

:banghead:

A restoration of the Constitution huh? I wonder how many of them could real live with it as it was made originally? I also think that is an interesting juxtaposition against the fact that they want nationalized healthcare. I don't recall that was a Constitutional right, but what do I know? :whatever:

panader0  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-02-08 08:51 AM
Response to Original message
7. All of those issues are important.

Edited on Wed Jan-02-08 08:57 AM by panader0
Certainly health care and the environment are important for human life, but I voted for ending the war. Do that first, and then the rest. The US presence in Iraq (and the ME in general) is wrong, immoral and illegal. Let's not turn to the important domestic issues until we get the hell out of other people's countries. For example, shpuld we dare reform health care before we quit bombing and killing people? Should we obsess over CO2 when we are destroying the environments of others? First, do no harm.

I'm sorry, 'do no harm'? Are the twin towers still gone?  :thatsright:

iamahaingttta  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-02-08 09:04 AM
Response to Original message
9. Corporate Personhood.

Seriously, most of those problems stem from the fact that big corporations have too much power, not enough oversight, and are not responsible for their actions. They need to be reigned in, controlled and not allowed to rip us off and start wars.

Half your list there would get fixed by controlling corporate behavior.

:banghead: As someone in probably most regulated industry out there(markets/investing) this is always frustrating. You tie up business arms too much and you get no growth. Regulation in massive amounts impedes the little guy start up businesses too. They create so much red tape as to make it difficult for people to even go into business in some fields.

"Controlling corporate behavior" is code word for state controlled business. Ugh.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: DU polls their election issues
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »
These idiots can't distinguish between health care and heal insurance. Is there a problem with health insurance? Yes, too much government control. A saying I've heard that rings true is, "Think health care is expensive now? Wait 'til it's free".

All in all, our health care is some of the best on the planet. As for health insurance, we need less regulation and allow them to compete like car insurance companies. The free market works wonderfully in that aspect.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:37:23 PM »
DUmmies want everything but their dope to be regulated.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 10:39:14 PM »
DUmmies want everything but their dope to be regulated.

...and their treasonous speech and what they think is their freedom to commit traitorous acts.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site