Author Topic: Van Jones Resigns  (Read 4122 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Van Jones Resigns
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 07:38:41 PM »
How about the forced removal of a sitting CEO of a major corporation that had done nothing illeagle and the government had not right to remove? If nothing else a lawsuit should have been filed.

Give them a little more time...especially when we retake Congress in 2010...he'll hang himself on something illegal with the rope we've been selling him.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 07:42:07 PM »
Give them a little more time...especially when we retake Congress in 2010...he'll hang himself on something illegal with the rope we've been selling him.

I agree. It will be interesting to see what happenes.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 04:56:23 AM »
How about the forced removal of a sitting CEO of a major corporation that had done nothing illeagle and the government had not right to remove? If nothing else a lawsuit should have been filed.

That comment was focused as much on President Bush as the current occupant of the White House.  President Bush did nothing illegal.  And, Tx is right--there will be something that the Republicans can get him on once we retake the House and Senate in 2010.  Thing is, even if every Dem Senate seat up for grabs flips with zero losses from our side, we'd have 59 votes--one short of getting a conviction.  And, then "Slow Joe" Biden would be the President.  Do we really want that?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline djones520

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 07:21:55 AM »
That comment was focused as much on President Bush as the current occupant of the White House.  President Bush did nothing illegal.  And, Tx is right--there will be something that the Republicans can get him on once we retake the House and Senate in 2010.  Thing is, even if every Dem Senate seat up for grabs flips with zero losses from our side, we'd have 59 votes--one short of getting a conviction.  And, then "Slow Joe" Biden would be the President.  Do we really want that?

I'd rather deal with lame duck Biden, then a desperate Obama trying to ram something through that'll get him reelected.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 07:38:44 AM »

First, your scenario will never happen.  Burris isn't running, but IL will pull the D lever regardless.  Ditto with Mikulski, Bayh, Schumer, Dorgan, Wyden, Babs Boxhead and Blanche Lincoln  Second, it takes 67 votes, not 60, to remove the President and convict the impeachment.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline djones520

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 07:41:51 AM »
Even if we couldn't get a conviction, it could slow his agenda up.  I wasn't to politically aware during the Clinton years, but how affective was he during the Lewinski affair?  I'm almost to the point that I'd take anything to keep him from doing more damage.

God...  I sound like a DUmmie...
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 08:12:52 AM »
I'd rather deal with lame duck Biden, then a desperate Obama trying to ram something through that'll get him reelected.

We take care of that by letting the Federal investigators looking into the corruption charges against his son and brother have full access to "Plugs" as well.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »
We take care of that by letting the Federal investigators looking into the corruption charges against his son and brother have full access to "Plugs" as well.

Question is, do you do that before anything else?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »
Question is, do you do that before anything else?

May as well.  He's low hanging fruit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
May as well.  He's low hanging fruit.

Yeah, it'll give the prosecutors something to hone their approaches on . . .

Chase her.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 12:12:55 PM »
Another thread, but 1 with suicide running goodness (not mine):

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6476660

Good thing you captured it because it's been scrubbed now. Everything's gone even the replies.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »
Even if we couldn't get a conviction, it could slow his agenda up.  I wasn't to politically aware during the Clinton years, but how affective was he during the Lewinski affair?  I'm almost to the point that I'd take anything to keep him from doing more damage.

God...  I sound like a DUmmie...

Oh man.

It was during the Lewinski affair that the Impeached One unleashed the biggest bombardment of Baghdad, dropping more firepower on that city than had been used all during the War for the Liberation of Kuwait 1990-1991, or during the whole war for the Liberation of Vietnam, or more than the explosive power used on both fronts during the second world war, or something like that.

I remember the statistic--the amount of firepower--was vastly enormous.

And all in less than 48 hours, too.

That's how the Impeached One reacted.

Imagine Bo leveling Afghanistan.
apres moi, le deluge