Author Topic: B-52 Bomber Carrying 6 Crew Members Crashes Off Guam  (Read 1282 times)

Offline djones520

B-52 Bomber Carrying 6 Crew Members Crashes Off Guam
« on: July 21, 2008, 02:24:52 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,386981,00.html

HONOLULU —  Rescue crews were searching a vast area of floating debris and a sheen of oil Monday for crew members of an Air Force B-52 bomber that crashed off the island of Guam, officials said.

At least two people were recovered from the waters, but their condition was not immediately available, the U.S. Coast Guard said.

Six vessels, three helicopters, two F-15 fighter jets and a B-52 bomber were involved in the search, which had covered about 70 square miles of ocean, Coast Guard spokeswoman Lt. Elizabeth Buendia said.

"We have an active search that's going to go on throughout the night," she said Monday. The Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and local fire and police departments were involved.

The B-52 bomber based at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana was en route to conduct a flyover in a parade when it crashed around about 30 miles northwest of Apra Harbor, the Air Force said.

The Liberation Day parade celebrates the day when the U.S. military arrived on Guam to retake control of the island from Japan.

Hope they can find the rest of the crew.   :(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:36:31 PM by djones520 »
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Airwolf

Re: B-52 Bomber Carrying 6 Crew Members Crashes Off Guam
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »
Its easy to replace the aircraft not so much a crew. Praying for the crew and their families.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »
I just read that the two that they recovered where found dead.

:taps:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
Well, the AF has declared all six crew members dead.  From what I've heard the two bodies recovered where the navigators.  Since those guys eject downwards, initial guesses is that whatever happened, happened while the aircraft was flying pretty low.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 11:48:24 PM »
Well, the AF has declared all six crew members dead.  From what I've heard the two bodies recovered where the navigators.  Since those guys eject downwards, initial guesses is that whatever happened, happened while the aircraft was flying pretty low.

I heard the same, damn!
What in the hell could happen to crash one of those things?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 08:24:51 AM »

I heard the same, damn!
What in the hell could happen to crash one of those things?

Insufficient airspeed, altitude, or luck, just like any other plane.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »
Prayer go out to the crewmen and their families.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.