Author Topic: South Korea: Moonies leader hurt in helicopter crash  (Read 1071 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
South Korea: Moonies leader hurt in helicopter crash
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »

The Reverend Sun Myung Moon, 88, founder of the Unification Church, and 13 others were injured yesterday when their helicopter crashed into a mountain in South Korea. Moon was slightly injured, a hospital official said. Members of his family, including his wife, were also hurt, and one person suffered a serious back injury.

Moon and the others were treated at the church-affiliated Cheongshim Hospital in Gapyeong, about 37 miles north east of Seoul. Police and fire officials said the cause of the crash was under investigation. The helicopter was flying to Cheongshim Hospital from southern Seoul when it crashed.

link

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

Re: South Korea: Moonies leader hurt in helicopter crash
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
Hes still alive?  I thought he died YEARS ago, since he's been out of the limelight for so long.

One of the last projects I heard he was involved in was a Korean War movie, entitled OH INCHON.  I heard no one wanted to touch the movie because Moon was providing the financial backing.  They used active duty military personnel stationed in south Korea as extras.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 04:16:04 PM »
Anytime anyone survives a helicopter crash, it is pure luck.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 06:04:28 PM »
Anytime anyone survives a helicopter crash, it is pure luck.

If I recall correctly, Colin Powell has survived 2.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."