Author Topic: St. Louis Mall the Scene of Double Shooting in Possible Murder-Suicide  (Read 2450 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
DEVELOPING STORY: A double shooting at a St. Louis-area shopping mall brought police to the scene of what could be a murder-suicide or an attempted murder-suicide, according to KTVI TV in St. Louis.

The shooting reportedly happened near the Sears store on the lower level of the Jamestown Mall in Florissant, Mo., and is believed to have left at least one person with serious injuries.

An eyewitness store owner told FOX News that there was no sign of any yelling or shouting before he heard the gunshots ring out. He saw a man shoot a woman he knows and then turn the revolver on himself.

"I didn't hear any yelling — no loud talking or anything," said Marwin Adair, who said he didn't recognize the man. "I heard pow, pow! He wasn't really looking angry or crazy or anything like that. It's a big shock."

The St. Louis County medical examiner arrived on the scene just before 3 p.m. EDT, which indicates that there is likely at least one fatality, FOX News has learned.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,384062,00.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lord Undies

Right before I saw this for the first time, my wife called me to find out if anything was on the news about Town East Mall in Dallas.  She said our son had called her about seeing a flock of helicopters swarming the mall.  I still haven't reconcile these two reports.

Offline djones520

That's comforting.

<----- Moving to St. Louis in a month.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lord Undies

That's comforting.

<----- Moving to St. Louis in a month.

My daughter lived there (St. Ann) for five years up until a year ago.  I visited her.  It's a nice place.  The actual city of St. Louis is not exactly boffo, but the other 2033 little cities (like St. Ann) which make up the St. Louis metro area can be quite nice. 

The Mexican food is crappy, but they have other stuff. :)  The Arch is awesome, and the Mississippi River runs like molasses in the summertime.     

Offline djones520

I'm really looking forward to it honestly.  It seems like there is a lot to do, and it's close enough to family to be comfortable.  As long as I can avoid East St. Louis that is.  I'll be on the Illinois side of the river, about 15 miles from the actual city.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lord Undies

I'm really looking forward to it honestly.  It seems like there is a lot to do, and it's close enough to family to be comfortable.  As long as I can avoid East St. Louis that is.  I'll be on the Illinois side of the river, about 15 miles from the actual city.

I'd feel safer strolling through Gary, Ind. wearing a thong than driving through East St. Louis real fast in a business suit.

:)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Wouldn't that (technically) be East St. Louis?

There's a West Memphis, on the other side of the river in Arkansas.  Never been there.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

There's a West Memphis, on the other side of the river in Arkansas.  Never been there.

Only the river separates St. Louis, MO from East St. Louis, IL, and they are two different worlds.  I've stayed in West Memphis, Ark.  It's just a bedroom community of Memphis, Tn.  Not much difference.  Now I stay in Tunica, Ms. when I go to Memphis.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Olive Branch Miss. is a nice little town.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Unless things have improved a whole bunch in the last 35 years...you don't want to live in E St Loius. It was bad when I was a kid.

I had cousins that lived in Ofallon... it was nice but might be too far away. My uncle lived in Alton....it was ok 40-50 years ago. I haven't been back there in years. My brother lived in St Charles in the mid 90's when he got out of college, and he liked it, but couldn't wait to get back to Chicago.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
We had a similar incident like this in Houston recently.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:26:34 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Unless things have improved a whole bunch in the last 35 years...you don't want to live in E St Loius. It was bad when I was a kid.

I had cousins that lived in Ofallon... it was nice but might be too far away. My uncle lived in Alton....it was ok 40-50 years ago. I haven't been back there in years. My brother lived in St Charles in the mid 90's when he got out of college, and he liked it, but couldn't wait to get back to Chicago.

I heard East St. Louis is like a Third World city. I have heard of O'Fallon, which is in St. Charles County. I know about it because of the Megan Meier My Space Hoax masterminded by Lori Drew. Did your cousins ever encounter Lori Drew or her family by any chance?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
I haven't heard anything about them in years.....

they were my mother's cousins and she died 42 years ago just when I turned 13 and my grandmother and my uncles are gone now, too.

All I remember of them was they owned a peony farm down there, they had a big house and were really nice.

When I was in school at NIU.....if I had stayed in IL to do social work(probation or parole officer), I was afraid of ending up in Cabrini Green or E St Louis. I weighed 94 lbs on a "heavy" day and looked 15 when I was 21....didn't think it was a good option for me. I had this real desire to live....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
I haven't heard anything about them in years.....

they were my mother's cousins and she died 42 years ago just when I turned 13 and my grandmother and my uncles are gone now, too.

All I remember of them was they owned a peony farm down there, they had a big house and were really nice.

When I was in school at NIU.....if I had stayed in IL to do social work(probation or parole officer), I was afraid of ending up in Cabrini Green or E St Louis. I weighed 94 lbs on a "heavy" day and looked 15 when I was 21....didn't think it was a good option for me. I had this real desire to live....

Oh okay. O'Fallon was largely rural that time.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....

Only the river separates St. Louis, MO from East St. Louis, IL, and they are two different worlds.  I've stayed in West Memphis, Ark.  It's just a bedroom community of Memphis, Tn.  Not much difference.  Now I stay in Tunica, Ms. when I go to Memphis.
West Memphis sucks. :-) Most of Arkansas stinks. It's always been a means to an end. Just a loooooong obstacle to Texas and Okalahoma for me.

Next time you go to Tunica, wave at my Mama when you pass through DeSoto Co.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

West Memphis sucks. :-) Most of Arkansas stinks. It's always been a means to an end. Just a loooooong obstacle to Texas and Okalahoma for me.

Next time you go to Tunica, wave at my Mama when you pass through DeSoto Co.

If I have to live in Arkansas, I'll move to (my name is) Forrest - Forrest City.  Friendly place.  Not too many weirdos.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Yes, you have to get away from Memphis/West Memphis. Any direction will do.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle