Author Topic: Time for a new Declaration of Independence.  (Read 2427 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Time for a new Declaration of Independence.
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:21:51 AM »
No thanks, or as I like to say BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! DUmbshit.  :rotf:

Link

white_wolf (878 posts)        Thu Mar-31-11 02:17 AM
Original message
 It is time for the working class to rise up and declare their independence from the Plutocracy that has utterly destroyed our Republic. Here is my version. I feel like I may be forgetting some things,so I may edit this later. Let me know what you think.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, that are among these are the right to healthcare no matter their financial status, the right to democratically control control the corporations they work for, for the tyranny of a CEO is as hard to bear as the tyranny of government, the right of senior citizens to enjoy their final years in dignity and comfort, the right of universal education for all in the schools and university of our nation, the right to have a congress that is accountable to them and not to corporations. Government should not be changed for trivial reason, however the current Plutocracy of the United States has reduced us to absolute despotism and serfdom. These conditions are intolerable. Below is our list of grievances with current government of the United States.

The Government of the United States has refused to pass legislation enacting Single-Payer Healthcare, despite the support of the majority of the nation and the grieve need we have for it.
It has refused to end two wars which have drained our resources, killed thousands of soldiers and civilians, and has made us hated around the world. It has also refused to give up the empire it has created in order to fulfill the the capitalist greed of the military industrially complex.
It has allowed corporations to buy legislation and to use reap the benefits of the United States infrastructure while not pay for them and shipping jobs overseas.
It has raided Social Security and now contemplates having it removed.
It has failed to prosecute war criminals who have condoned torture and illegal wars in direct violation of the Constitution of the United States.
It has refused to repeal the Patriot Act, a direct violation of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution.
It has raised taxes on the poor and working classes, while refusing to raise taxes for the rich and cutting social services for those who need them most.
It has refused to prosecute Wall street and instead gave them billions of tax payer money.

Below are our demands to remedy these grievances and our last offer of reconciliation:
We demand that Congress expand Medicare to cover every citizen of the United States.
We demand the prosecution of the George Bush, Dick Cheney, and all who authorized or committed torture, and who lied their way into an the Iraq War.
We demand all Corporations that have over 100 employees be turned over to the control of the worker so that they may run them as co-ops and have full control over them, without being forced into economic slavery at the behest of a CEO.
We demand an end to the empire and the Military Industrial Complex.
We demand a progressive income tax that shall force the wealthy to pay their fair share. Anyone making over 1 million a year, shall be taxed at 90%.
We demand an end to our current election system that forces us to choose between only two parties. We demand that the Congress institute Proportional Representation.
We demand the immediate repeal of the Patriot Act.
We demand Wall Street be prosecuted for their crimes and that all the money they and other corporations have stolen be distributed to the working people.
We demand that all elections be financed by pubic money, so as to prevent the rise of another Plutocracy.
Public and private workers shall have the right to form Unions, strike, and collectively bargain.
We demand that all Representatives of the United States from the President and Congress down be eligible for recall if it is felt that they are not acting in interested of those who elected them.
We demand an end to the Electoral College and demand that all Presidents shall be elected by popular vote.
We demand nationalization of all industries that the people shall determine to be necessary for the public good.

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: Time for a new Declaration of Independence.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:39:47 AM »
Awww, they're so cute when they try and be intellectual or profound.

If only they could put that amount of effort into getting a damn job.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:03:20 AM »
Can you really call yourself "working class" if your only "job" is collecting your entitlement funds, eating Cheetos, smoking weed, and ranting on DU?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:11:48 AM »
Original message
...We demand an end to the empire and the Military Industrial Complex...

There is it.  The "magic phrase".

He's not only a DUmbass, he's of the black helicopter, dark suit, "disappearing in the middle of the night", contrails spraying, batshit crazy type of DUmbass.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:46:34 AM »
Can you really call yourself "working class" if your only "job" is collecting your entitlement funds, eating Cheetos, smoking weed, and ranting on DU?

Excellent post.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 04:04:16 AM »
This sounds more like a letter to Santa from a not so bright individual.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 04:39:15 AM »
Let me get this straight...he wants to confiscate virtually all businesses from its owners yet somehow thinks there will be untold numbers of millionaires to tax at 90%.
Even without trying to do a whole bunch of math the thing falls in on itself in no time.

Oh wait...that is why it eventually morphs into Communism with the state owning all and doling out crumbs to the peasants.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 05:39:05 AM »
This sounds more like a letter to Santa from a not so bright individual.

I disagree - a letter to Santa is more likely to get a response.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 05:48:47 AM »
What's wrong with the original?

He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.

He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.

He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislature.

He has affected to render the military independent of and superior to civil power.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
Below is our list of grievances with current government of the United States.

He needs to follow this up with feats of strength.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 11:18:55 AM »
This is beyond retarded.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
Original message
[Paraphrased for readability ->] Yippity yap yap yap yip yip...

Money talks and bullshit walks, boy.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »
The thing was a laff-riot from beginning to end, including the grammar.  I'm so sorry to be childish, but you guys caught this, right?
We demand that all elections be financed by pubic money
:lmao:

Think I'll row over and see what they have to say for themselves. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 02:04:15 PM »
Don't forget the right to free weed, man. Free weed.  :stoner:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 02:10:33 PM »
SDuderstadt  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-30-11 11:38 PM
Response to Reply #18
21. You might want to let me state my own plan, rather than...
 put words in my mouth.

All the same, I think it's funny that others ridicule conscious capitalism and totally discount its adoption, yet, at the same time, somehow believe that companies with 100 employees will magically be turned over to the workers.
Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 white_wolf (886 posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 11:40 PM
Response to Reply #21
23. I never said i would magically happen..
 It will happen because we will pass a law forcing that to happen. I have no faith in corporations to do the right thing,that is why the government must force them to do what is right and enact laws to those ends.

Not on my watch, you filthy commie.  Bring back HUAC.  

Godhumor (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-30-11 11:10 PM
Response to Original message
4. **** and No.
 Absolutely under no circumstances would I support anything like this. Ever.
 And White wolf was crestfallen.  
Concerning the workers running the businesses:
Common Sense Party  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-30-11 11:44 PM
Response to Reply #24
26. I don't want a bunch of knobs who can't read a balance sheet running the whole show

:lmao:

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
I have to ask, if these are rights they are talking about then who or what has endowed people with those rights?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
Don't forget the right to free weed, man. Free weed. 
Nah, that policy has been co-opted by the libertarian ronbots. Ron and Rand use it as their battle cry.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
It has refused to end two three wars which have drained our resources, killed thousands of soldiers and civilians, and has made us hated around the world.

He forgot Barry's latest war.....

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »

He forgot Barry's latest war.....

Libya is not a war, but a kinetic military intervention.

Offline USNFlyer

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Constitutional conservative patriot
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »
Good grief. I can't believe I took the time to read that entire diatribe.

I want my click back.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
John F. Kennedy

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
Ronald Reagan

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 05:27:21 PM »
Good grief. I can't believe I took the time to read that entire diatribe.

I want my click back.
Aww, crap.
I was going to use your click, too.
Didn't wish to waste one of my own.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 02:11:34 AM »
My son has an inspection tomorrow and was reading this to him while he was cleaning. He said, "This is my idea of freedom, all Marines should be given free beer for the rest of their lives!" But then, what do I expect, after all he IS a part of the evil Military Industrial Complex (which I'm sure is owned by the BFEE).

Cindie

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:16 AM »
(which I'm sure is owned by the BFEE)

And if you had paid your franchise fee, you'd know this. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 06:34:43 AM »
My son has an inspection tomorrow and was reading this to him while he was cleaning. He said, "This is my idea of freedom, all Marines should be given free beer for the rest of their lives!" But then, what do I expect, after all he IS a part of the evil Military Industrial Complex (which I'm sure is owned by the BFEE).

Cindie

My son stands inspection every Wednesday. This year he got a bad brass belt buckle. It was black on the back side and every where else except the front when he was issued it. The front side has fine scratches like whoever had it before him cleaned it with steel wool or something. He's been pissed about that buckle since day one. Last year he always had the shiniest brass of all the cadets (got compliments from the Major). He's asked for a different buckle several times but they won't give him one. Tuesday night I tried to rub the scratches out...no luck. I'm going by the auto store and get a fine grit rubbing compound and get those scratches out if it kills me.

Oh, and they had their JROTC Ball last week. He looked real sharp in his class A uniform with a white shirt and bowtie. Little girl that went with him looked good to. Wish I could e-mail you a picture but alas I can't on this old computer....but I'm still waiting for a picture of your son in Dress Blues.  :-) If for no other reason than to needle my son...I'm mean to that boy.. :rotf:
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 07:01:36 AM »
So basically they want a Declaration of INDEPENDENCE to form a government that taxes, regulates and micro-manages every aspect of your life from womb to tomb.

Perhaps someone should explain what the phrase "contradiction in terms" means.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."