Author Topic: Post your sequester horror stories here.  (Read 8368 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: Post your sequester horror stories here.
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »
You big baby--it's MA, there aren't any locusts out in early March in all that snow!!!!

But the fuel lines in all the planes at Logan Airport froze and the planes are falling out of the sky.  But again, it's only liberals who are dying in fiery balls screaming like little bitches, so it's all good.

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dori

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »
Uh you mean you guys aren't in the bunker?  What's it like out there?  

Locust?  I can handle anything but locust.  Give it to me straight.

Charles Krauthammer said that when he looked outside, he didn't see any locust, frogs or pestilence but that's in DC.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »
So the country is going in the crapper but the Twinki Bakers union gets money from Obama ??????

The Bakers and Confectioners Union have applied to the government through the Trade Adjustment Assistance program and gotten many millions of dollars of taxpayers’ money to pay the union members to sit around on their backsides for up to two years and collect a check when it could have been avoided by working with the company. 

http://plainsmannews.com/bakers-and-confectioners-unions-get-handout-from-obama-administrations-tra-p610-1.htm#

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/022213-645487-bankrupting-hostess-brings-union-workers-government-benefits.htm

I guess the world is coming to an end at the hands of Barry.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
So the country is going in the crapper but the Twinki Bakers union gets money from Obama ??????

http://plainsmannews.com/bakers-and-confectioners-unions-get-handout-from-obama-administrations-tra-p610-1.htm#

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/022213-645487-bankrupting-hostess-brings-union-workers-government-benefits.htm

I guess the world is coming to an end at the hands of Barry.

I heard about that yesterday.  What a crock!  Drive your company out of business, draw unemployment and federal funds for retraining.  Their jobs weren't lost due to anything with trade, just their own f**king greed and stupidity.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »
On Friday, the battery in my SUV was fine. By Saturday, the battery was dead. If only sequester had not happened... :bawl:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18:24 AM »
My battery backup failed, I guess it was the sequester.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Karin

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
I was laughing at the thread, until the bottom of page 2.  WTF. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »
My prediction is by mid week some grand bargain will be reached and you won't miss any work.

AKA: "Bend Over" Boehner will be Obama's boy toy once again, and the rest of us will take it up the ass.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »
There have been accounts of cannibalism breaking out in Madison but only in the wealthy, white liberal neighborhoods.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
There have been accounts of cannibalism breaking out in Madison but only in the wealthy, white liberal neighborhoods.

So, in other words, no great loss?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »
So, in other words, no great loss?

Could end up being a net win.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
I'm reminded of chapter 38 from 'The Stand' -- by far the best chapter in the entire book.

"No Great Loss."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 01:30:27 PM »
The sequester "disappeared" a bunch of hospital employees.  We have been waiting an hour and a half for a blood test that usually takes 15 minutes!  The worst part is that the other employees don't seem to notice that anyone is missing.  I think they are pod people.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »
And the los vegas laviathan sized DUmmie beside me smells like a garbage can that has old food and piss in it.  Her shower must have been sequestered too!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:06 PM »
Went from a high of 55 to a high of 85 from 24 hours.  Is it global warming, or sequester?  Hard to tell. I am scared.  
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
Went from a high of 55 to a high of 85 from 24 hours.  Is it global warming, or sequester?  Hard to tell. I am scared.  

It's both.  Now that sequester is in effect, government is unable to keep global warming in check by selling carbon credits to those who need to pollute.

-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »
The sequester shut off my alarm clock this morning.  I was late for work. :mad:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
I got called into work for some overtime. Damn you sequester...
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Karin

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
I had some beer in the fridge, and now it's gone.   :mad:

Rush was talking today about the Washington Post's lame attempt at a horror story.  A tiny Kansas airport has lost its two air traffic controllers.  Drilling down into the article, we learn that the airport has two flights a day, the controllers are never there anyway, and the pilots just manage their puddle-jumpers on their own.  

Offline Dacabeti

• Observer of the Obvious
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
It's all fun and games until... It snowed today in MN in March.
My Youngest Son's Senior Year Wrestling Highlights

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." — Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. airports, including Los Angeles International and O'Hare International in Chicago, are already experiencing delays in customs waiting lines as a result of automatic federal spending cuts, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Monday.
Link

Ms Napolitano said today that major airports were seeing lines "150 to 200 per cent as long as we would normally expect" as result of the federal spending cuts that went into force on Friday.
"We're already seeing the effects at some of the ports of entry, the big airports, for example. Some of them had very long lines this weekend," she told a breakfast event organised by Politico.
When pressed for specifics she cited Chicago's O'Hare, Atlanta's Hartfield-Jackson and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), adding: "I don't mean to scare, I mean to inform."
However, when contacted by The Daily Telegraph, spokespeople for both O'Hare and LAX, as well as representatives from the travel industry, denied that airports had been hit by delays.
"We haven't had any slowdowns at all," said Marshall Lowe, a spokesman for LAX. Mr Lowe said that he had been on duty over the weekend and received no reports of unusual security delays.
Telegraph UK

Of course the KneePad media won't call her on this bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:18:31 PM by franksolich »

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. airports, including Los Angeles International and O'Hare International in Chicago, are already experiencing delays in customs waiting lines as a result of automatic federal spending cuts, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Monday.
Link

Ms Napolitano said today that major airports were seeing lines "150 to 200 per cent as long as we would normally expect" as result of the federal spending cuts that went into force on Friday.
"We're already seeing the effects at some of the ports of entry, the big airports, for example. Some of them had very long lines this weekend," she told a breakfast event organised by Politico.
When pressed for specifics she cited Chicago's O'Hare, Atlanta's Hartfield-Jackson and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), adding: "I don't mean to scare, I mean to inform."
However, when contacted by The Daily Telegraph, spokespeople for both O'Hare and LAX, as well as representatives from the travel industry, denied that airports had been hit by delays.
"We haven't had any slowdowns at all," said Marshall Lowe, a spokesman for LAX. Mr Lowe said that he had been on duty over the weekend and received no reports of unusual security delays.
 Telegraph UK

Of course the KneePad media won't call her on this bullshit.

The Coach's First Rule of DUmmies especially applies to DUmbass politicians.
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
My cat is sleeping during the day  :panic:

Offline CG6468

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2013, 04:36:17 PM »
Anything Jan the Man says also puts me to sleep.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »
The wind is blowing 20-40 mph outside, my cilantro almost died, AND the Dollar General closest to me CLOSED!!

:runaway:  :ohnoes:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver