Author Topic: The Not So "Lost" Tribe  (Read 1348 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
The Not So "Lost" Tribe
« on: June 24, 2008, 05:40:39 AM »
Even in an age when cynical sleuths can hyper-analyze stories for truth and accuracy, the occasional hoax still slips through the cracks. Such was the case with a so-called "lost Amazon tribe."

A few months ago, mainstream news outlets (including, ahem, Yahoo!) reported that a photographer had found a lost tribe of warriors near the Brazilian-Peruvian border. Photos of the tribe backed up his claim.

As it turns out, the story is only half true. The men in the photo are members of a tribe, but it certainly ain't "lost." In fact, as the photographer, José Carlos Meirelles, recently explained, authorities have known about this particular tribe since 1910. The photographer and the agency that released the pictures wanted to make it seem like they were members of a lost tribe in order to call attention to the dangers the logging industry may have on the group.

The photographer recently came clean, and news outlets, perhaps embarrassed at having been taken for a ride, have been slow to pick up the story. Now, the word is starting to spread and articles in the Buzz are picking up steam. Expect a lot more brutal truth in the coming days.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91536

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The Not So "Lost" Tribe
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:01:20 AM »
This males sense.

Another hoax by a publicity-seeking hack.

Color me unsurprised.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:11:09 AM »
This males sense.

Another hoax by a publicity-seeking hack.

Color me unsurprised.

And not so surprisingly...yet again we have the Enviro-Nazi's...one of the Libs favorite groups...pushing a lie to the public to further their "cause"

:whatever:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:47:33 AM by TheSarge »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 08:36:47 AM »
distorting the truth for an agenda??? NO!!!!!! :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »
Reminds me of the lost tribe of the Fugari: Every evening at sunset, the chief would stand on a high mountain and yell "We're the Fugari?"
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
Not quite, the Chief would look out at sundown and shake his hewad, no. Then another days journy, etc. At one point, he stunbles and hits his head, goes unconsious. BUT for several days the tribe carries on, Chief out like a light. FINALLY, one dsay. at sunset, he awakens, and is shown the view fron this location, the Chief mumbles "Where the Fugarewe?? "  collapsed and died.  But he was misunderstood the tribe thought he Said We're the Fugawi!" Took it as their name and accepted the sign and settled right there.