Author Topic: Barack Obama aide: Why Winnie the Pooh should shape US foreign policy  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

And also yet another reason why Barack Hussein Obama should never get anywhere near the White House:

Danzig, who served as Navy Secretary under President Clinton and is tipped to become National Security Adviser in an Obama White House, told a major foreign policy conference in Washington that the future of US strategy in the war on terrorism should follow a lesson from the pages of Winnie the Pooh, which can be shortened to: if it is causing you too much pain, try something else.

Mr Danzig told the Centre for New American Security: “Winnie the Pooh seems to me to be a fundamental text on national security.”

He spelt out how American troops, spies and anti-terrorist officials could learn key lessons by understanding the desire of terrorists to emulate superheroes like Luke Skywalker, and the lust for violence of violent football fans.

rest: link

They want this guy to be the next American National Secuity Advisor?

:o

Offline Flame

I'm totally shaking my head in disbelief.  :censored:

:mental:
 :banghead:

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
If Tigger were our biggest threat, then yeah.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
I guess they are all "bears of little brain".
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
I'd rather take foreign policy advice from Eric Cartman. At least he doesn't take any shit and can make you eat your own parents.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Crap! Where's my Winnie The Pooh "Owned" pic when I need it?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
If Tigger were our biggest threat, then yeah.
Yeah, in reality it's Eeyore that is the biggest threat and the Eeyore party is in control of both houses and is the majority on the SCOTUS and both major candidates are in the Eeyore party.

In fact, it is Eeyore who has written our national policy for some time now.

“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
We should also take some lessons from Dr. Seuss on fiscal policies of the Federal Reserve...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Barack Obama aide: Why Winnie the Pooh should shape US foreign policy
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:04:48 PM »

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »
We should also take some lessons from Dr. Seuss on fiscal policies of the Federal Reserve...

This work? 
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »

BINGO!  Thanks miskie!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »

This is what it should be.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline djones520

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »
I think this is going to be hugely damaging to Obama.  Foxnews is taking this and running for all it's worth, and good for them for doing so.  If this doesn't drive home the "inexperience" factor, then I don't know what will.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »
I was reading some stuff online and someone calculated that Obama spent roughly 143 working days from the time he was sworn in the Senate until the time he announced his intentions to run for President. They contrasted that with McCain's years in the military and Senate and time as a POW. Very compelling. Of course I don't expect the Oooobama kool-aid suckers to get it.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline djones520

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 08:30:36 PM »
I was reading some stuff online and someone calculated that Obama spent roughly 143 working days from the time he was sworn in the Senate until the time he announced his intentions to run for President. They contrasted that with McCain's years in the military and Senate and time as a POW. Very compelling. Of course I don't expect the Oooobama kool-aid suckers to get it.

Of course not.  But the independants who do think about how they cast their vote will see it.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:42 PM »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »

hey!  that's almost 5 whole months.  and besides, it's about judgment, not experience.  unless you count meeting with terrorists without preconditions, or about insanely insisting that we should pull out of a war that we are clearly winning, or admitting that capital gains taxes should be increased out of "fairness", despite the fact that this has been clearly demonstrated to depress government revenues, or refusing to accept public campaign financing despite pledging to do so, or . . . . shit.

that's still 5 months, dammit !!111!1!!1

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 12:31:40 PM »
That's like letting some med school student who's only been going to class for five months perform brain surgery on you. We're well and truly screwn! :-)