Author Topic: Three Men in Ohio Guilty of Plot to Kill U.S. Troops in Iraq  (Read 1295 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
CLEVELAND  —  Three Ohio men were convicted Friday of plotting to recruit and train terrorists to kill American soldiers in Iraq, a case put together with help from a former soldier who posed as a radical bent on violence.

Mohammad Amawi, 28, Marwan El-Hindi, 45, and Wassim Mazloum, 27, face maximum sentences of life in prison. Prosecutors said the men were learning to shoot guns and make explosives while raising money to fund their plans to wage a holy war against U.S. troops.

The federal jury in Toledo returned its verdict after three days of deliberations. U.S. District Judge James G. Carr did not set a sentencing date, said acting U.S. attorney Bill Edwards.

...Messages seeking comment from the other defense attorneys were not immediately returned. At trial they claimed that the three defendants, who all lived in the Toledo area, were manipulated by the government's star witness, Darren Griffin.

The undercover FBI informant and former Army Special Forces soldier recorded the men for about two years beginning in 2004 while they talked about training in explosives, guns, and sniper tactics. They often met in their homes and at a tiny storefront mosque where they prayed together.

Defense attorneys noted that Griffin was involved in all conversations the prosecution presented to the jury, and that there was no evidence of telephone conversations or e-mails dealing with the alleged plot among only the defendants.

Griffin won the trust of the men by posing as a former soldier who grew disenchanted with U.S. foreign policy who was now intent on violence against America. Prosecutors said even Griffin's family had been under the impression that he had become a radical.

Griffin said most people at the mosque shunned him and that no one raised any threats until El-Hindi began talking about kidnapping Israeli soldiers. Amawi, Griffin said, asked him to help him train two recruits from Chicago for holy war.

According to one secret recording made by Griffin, Amawi said he was troubled by the loss of life in New York in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, but he quickly added: "Killing Americans in Iraq is OK."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366963,00.html

Great work by Darren Griffin and the FBI.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Three Men in Ohio Guilty of Plot to Kill U.S. Troops in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 08:57:58 AM »
They should take these guys out and shoot them outside the court building with bullets dipped in pig's blood.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »
They should take these guys out and shoot them outside the court building with bullets dipped in pig's blood.

At the very least.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
We, as Americans, have lost our intestinal fortitude and have been emasculated. Just 60 years ago, they would have faced a firing squad. I suppose we can thanks our bleeding heart liberal population, the druggies, etc for our decline and our demise. They don't have the will to fight for this country or support it in any way.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »
The jury deleberated for three days???? Oh my.

And yes, thank goodness for Griffin and the FBI. Doing the work libtards don't want us to do.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

Damn right they should.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 06:23:37 PM »
Hanging them with pigs squealing below would have worked for me.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »

Bury them alive. Same goes with any terrorist sympathizers.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du