Author Topic: NBC's Tim Russert dies of apparent heart attack  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Airwolf

Re: NBC's Tim Russert dies of apparent heart attack
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 07:52:54 PM »
Sad, sad news. He has made watching elections bareable compared to what the other talking heads do. I was looking forward to watching him in November to see what his insights were going to be. RIP Tim.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »

not to play politics at an improper moment, but the election in november will miss his
presence.  he was the one guy that would have exposed The BarackStar!'s nothingness.

There was just a story within the last week or two about how he was upset with how MSNBC is all ideologues passing as newsmen.

It was just shocking, I was listening to Hannity when he said there was rumors of bad news about someone in the "industry" that he was hoping and praying wasn't true so I hopped on Drudge and there was a link to the NY Post.  Then after the half hour news Hannity said it was confirmed and gave a very touching remembrance.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »
Sad, sad news. He has made watching elections bareable compared to what the other talking heads do. I was looking forward to watching him in November to see what his insights were going to be. RIP Tim.

I completely agree.  his loss has yet to be felt.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 07:56:55 PM »

I can't imagine watching Meet the Press without him there.  It just won't be the same.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »
Mike Malloy coined him "Media Whore #1", Savage is going off on him. The guy just can't please anyone. I'd say if a rabid left-winger can't stand him anymore than a rabid right-winger, he's doing something right. Listening to Savage now is about to piss me the **** off.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »

I can't imagine watching Meet the Press without him there.  It just won't be the same.

I always only catch the later rebroadcast, but I will watch Sunday just out of respect.

(I will say that the MSM really, REALLY likes extolling it's own.  we are seeing 24x7 coverage
of his life, and his death.  I say that without passing any judgment on him, but it is odd how
his profession is reacting)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
RIP Tim Russert. Condolences to his family.  :( I never watched Meet The Press. If anything comforting, Tim Russert died what he loved to do.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:44:22 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »

I always only catch the later rebroadcast, but I will watch Sunday just out of respect.

(I will say that the MSM really, REALLY likes extolling it's own.  we are seeing 24x7 coverage
of his life, and his death.  I say that without passing any judgment on him, but it is odd how

He sure is being highly regarded on Hannity on Colmes, which is honorable. I can only imagine what kind of  "regard" Bill O' Reilly would receive on MSNBC, had he dropped dead.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 11:43:35 PM »

Let Linus Torvalds die and see how ours will react.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 11:47:04 PM »

Let Linus Torvalds die and see how ours will react.

I just wanted to celebrate his soul as it ascended to heaven.  he was a catholic, so he
was guarenteed.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 11:51:23 PM »
RIP Tim...I am saddened by this news...He was a humble guy and always seemed genuine to me.  He will be missed.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 11:55:08 PM »
RIP Tim...I am saddened by this news...He was a humble guy and always seemed genuine to me.  He will be missed.

indeed.

he slammed people regardless of their political affiliation.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 11:58:46 PM »
Just a head's up, I will not shed one f'n tear when Keith Olberman hits the dirt.

Mr. Russert, however, a different story. I called my father as soon as I heard the story. Keith, you are no Tim.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
Keith is a scumbag. I won't shed a tear either. I won't say crap because I'm not a DUmmie.

*but I will be thinking it :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 12:16:03 AM »
Just a head's up, I will not shed one f'n tear when Keith Olberman hits the dirt.

Mr. Russert, however, a different story. I called my father as soon as I heard the story. Keith, you are no Tim.

Didn't Russert recently voice criticism of Olberman..?  Something along the lines that journalism at MSNBC is not what it used to be....insinuating too much slanting by people like Olberman.....
Olberman can't shine Tim's shoes...I watch him sometimes just to hear his delusions...but his MR. Bush please resign! bullshit gets annoying..his Worse, Worser and Worsest segment is even more pathetic.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 12:20:48 AM »

Didn't Russert recently voice criticism of Olberman..?  Something along the lines that journalism at MSNBC is not what it used to be....insinuating too much slanting by people like Olberman.....
Olberman can't shine Tim's shoes...I watch him sometimes just to hear his delusions...but his MR. Bush please resign! bullshit gets annoying..his Worse, Worser and Worsest segment is even more pathetic.

yes, he did.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »
Says a lot about a man when, in his position, and while guys in his field were authoring books about how bad this person is, or that person is, he authored two books dedicated to his dad and fathers.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 12:40:56 AM »
....and yes, Olberman isn't an "objective" journalist. He's in the league with someone like O'Reilly. Only problem is, O'Reilly doesn't pretend to be "objective". He has his biases and pretty much admits them on a daily basis....at least he did when I last watched him years ago.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 12:48:39 AM »
O'Reilly still claims to be fair and balanced...He still does his "the spin stops here"  thing.  He claims to be an independant...and he may indeed be registered as one...but his views are clearly right leaning/conservative.   
Hannity would be a better example of Olberman's opposite.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 01:14:52 AM »
O'Reilly still claims to be fair and balanced...He still does his "the spin stops here"  thing.  He claims to be an independant...and he may indeed be registered as one...but his views are clearly right leaning/conservative.   
Hannity would be a better example of Olberman's opposite.

i don't think that you will get any support for o'reilly here.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2008, 02:06:10 AM »
O'Reilly is a good guy.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 06:05:15 AM »
....and yes, Olberman isn't an "objective" journalist. He's in the league with someone like O'Reilly. Only problem is, O'Reilly doesn't pretend to be "objective". He has his biases and pretty much admits them on a daily basis....at least he did when I last watched him years ago.

Two things I love about O'Reilly. One, he puts his money where his mouth is. He actually stands for something, he pushed Jessica's Law, he bucked Fox when the parent company almost published the OJ Simpson book, He give millions to soldiers, and he is working with a couple of legislatiors on GI vets benefits. and Two, he is the public enemy number one of the lunatic left and that's why I love him so much!  :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »
I don't watch PMS-NBC... who's next in the pecking order?  Does Kieth Olbermann get a promotion?  Did they announce a fill-in for MTP?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2008, 09:46:06 PM »
Ah.  I just heard on the radio that NBC will be "hiring internally".  Matthews, Scarborough, and David Gregory are being considered.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2008, 09:49:37 PM »
Ah.  I just heard on the radio that NBC will be "hiring internally".  Matthews, Scarborough, and David Gregory are being considered.

my money is on matthews.  the network likes him, despite his crappy ratings. 

oh, has DU chimed in recommending olbermann for the job yet? :whatever: