Author Topic: Truth Leaks Begin: Emanuel Was Director of Freddie Mac  (Read 1866 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Truth Leaks Begin: Emanuel Was Director of Freddie Mac
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:11:26 AM »
Now that Barack Obama has won his bid for the White House, Americans should get ready to learn some inconvenient truths about him and the folks surrounding the president-elect that media have safely hidden from the public in order to promote his messiah-like image.

First out of the gate were revelations about Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.), the Obama supporter and Congressional Democratic Caucus chairman Obama has tapped to be his Chief of Staff (please see my colleague Jeff Poor's November 6 report on this subject).

On Friday, ABC's Brian Ross reported that Emanuel was on the Board of Directors of the failed financial institution Freddie Mac, a nice little tidbit conservatives on radio and in the blogosphere felt was important during this campaign, but for the most part mainstream media outlets didn't care about...conveniently until now

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/11/07/truth-leaks-begin-emanuel-was-director-freddie-mac
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Truth Leaks Begin: Emanuel Was Director of Freddie Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »
The New Politics of Hope and Change -- jackboot mafia-style thugs to run things.

I am not sure the millions of "I told you so's" will take away the pain that will be the fuhrer's administration.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »
Since Dick Morris mentioned that Rahm Emanuel studied ballet, I just can't get the "twinkletoes" picture out of my mind...
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »
 :o  And the economic downturn will continue...The same people who put us into this mess are going to take over the entire US.

Offline EaglesWings

• Just bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »
:o  And the economic downturn will continue...The same people who put us into this mess are going to take over the entire US.

A very scary thought indeed!!!! It gets worse by the day!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »

Yup, and all the Obama Defenders will sit there looking like stumps trying to blame it all on President Bush  :whatever:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 10:01:20 AM »
^of course. We're screwed. And yet again, history will only have begun on Jan 21, 2001. I'm so sick of these fools.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 10:10:49 AM »
The "Bush's Fault!" meme will only work for a short while after he's gone, rest assured.

And if the GOP doesn't take this and hammer the 'Rats with it, then they're even bigger pussies than I thought.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
Well the GOP website has balls. Too bad it's not being shouted from the rooftops (or covered by MSM - which is more likely the case)  :whatever:

http://www.gop.com/News/NewsRead.aspx?Guid=f5d61c73-8c35-4c41-a034-fe58587b95b6

"Emanuel's Reputation For Political Ruthlessness Earned Him The Nickname 'Rahmbo,' An Image Reinforced By A Legendary Episode When He Sent A Dead Fish To A Pollster Who Displeased Him." (Janet Hook, "Meet The Powers Behind The Democrats' Strategy," Los Angeles Times, 7/5/06)

Emanuel Calls Himself A "Vince Lombardi Democrat," Because He Believes "Winning Isn't Everything. It's The Only Thing." "Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), earlier this year called himself a 'Vince Lombardi Democrat.' It was Lombardi, the Hall of Fame football coach, who said, 'Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing.'" ("Chairman Rahm," The Hill, 12/14/05)

Emanuel's Political Style Was "Honed In Chicago" And Has A "Reputation As A Political Street Fighter." "But his political style--honed in Chicago and on the presidential campaign trail with Clinton--isn't gentle or uncertain. His reputation as a political street fighter inspires respect and more than a little fear." (Naftali Bendavid, "The House That Rahm Built," Chicago Tribune, 11/12/06)

"[Emanuel] Was Also Zealously Partisan. He Had Once Owned A Consulting Business Devoted To Finding Skeletons In Republican Closets." (Edward McClelland, "The Legend Of Rahm," Salon.Com, 5/8/07)

Emanuel Told His Staff That Republicans Could "Go F--- Themselves!" "'I'll tell you this,' Emanuel shouted out to his staff. 'The Republicans may have the 72-hour program. But they have not seen the 22-month program! ... Since my kids are gone, I can say it: They can go ---- themselves!'" (Naftali Bendavid, "The House That Rahm Built," Chicago Tribune, 11/12/06)

Emanuel Even Told Then-British Prime Minister Tony Blair Before An Appearance With President Clinton: "This Is Important. Don't F--- It Up." "Mr Emanuel is reputed to have walked up to Tony Blair before the prime minister's first public appearance with Mr Clinton, during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. 'This is important,' he told Mr Blair. 'Don't f--- it up.'" ("Former Ballet Dancer Turned Political Fixer," The [London, UK] Guardian, 11/10/06)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »

Well, look at it this way - things will get so bad that the media won't be able to spin or ignore it or blame it on the Republicans.  We'll be back in power in 4 years.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »
...And if the GOP doesn't take this and hammer the 'Rats with it, then they're even bigger pussies than I thought.
You might want to sit down before I tell you this.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
Well, look at it this way - things will get so bad that the media won't be able to spin or ignore it or blame it on the Republicans.  We'll be back in power in 4 years.
By which time we will have a Depression worse than '29 and no 2nd and 1st Amendments.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:11 AM »

I hope you're right, but I just spent the entire weekend with my Mother and my inlaws who have bought into the BDS-inspired memes, wholesale.  "Bush has created such an enormous mess that Obama is going to have a very hard time turning it around."

All. Weekend.  I was redy to stick a fork right through my eye and deep into my brain, for some relief.

Blech.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS