Author Topic: Alcee Hastings, pioneering civil rights activist, judge and politician, dies at  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/alcee-hastings-pioneering-civil-rights-133840733.html

Linda Robertson, Alex Daugherty
Tue, April 6, 2021, 8:38 AM
Alcee Hastings, crusading civil rights lawyer, the first Black federal judge in Florida and dean of Florida’s U.S. congressional delegation during a tumultuous career that took him from the segregated lunch counters of the Deep South to Capitol Hill, has died after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 84.

<snip>

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

He was impeached and removed from the bench. Being a criminal meant he was a perfect Democrat.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Hastings was the criminal that stored $90,000 in his freezer.

I can see now that Pelousy followed in his footsteps, except that she stored ice cream in her $20,000 freezer.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Hastings was the criminal that stored $90,000 in his freezer.

I can see now that Pelousy followed in his footsteps, except that she stored ice cream in her $20,000 freezer.

I forgot about that.  Surprisingly I've seen nothing at the DUmp, but I could have missed it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

I forgot about that.  Surprisingly I've seen nothing at the DUmp, but I could have missed it.

KC

I don't frequent the DUmp, but why would they broadcast a fact like that? Far better to shovel it under the carpet. Bottom line is, despite the groveling that the media has done for this criminal, he was impeached from his bench. He then had the temerity of running for (and winning) a congressional seat in Florida. The dumbasses there voted him in AND KEPT HIM THERE for multiple terms. Good God. Nothing is sacred any more. The Democrats would elect Satan if he could bring them power -- which, of course, he's more than happy to do. That's why Hastings once again began slurping at the public trough. He was incapable of anything BUT slurping at that trough.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:53:38 AM by Eupher »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I don't frequent the DUmp, but why would they broadcast a fact like that? Far better to shovel it under the carpet. Bottom line is, despite the groveling that the media has done for this criminal, he was impeached from his bench. He then had the temerity of running for (and winning) a congressional seat in Florida. The dumbasses there voted him in AND KEPT HIM THERE for multiple terms. Good God. Nothing is sacred any more. The Democrats would elect Satan if he could bring them power -- which, of course, he's more than happy to do. That's why Hastings once again began slurping at the public trough. He was incapable of anything BUT slurping at that trough.

No, I wasn't saying they would say something about the $90k.  Hell no, they would simply use their old standard line when they can't provide, or don't want to recognize, facts; "That was debunked long ago and I'm not going to look it up for you."

No, I'm surprised they didn't talk about how sad it was that a GREAT civil rights leader .... blah, blah, blah.

Shockingly I've not seen a single post about him dying.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

No, I wasn't saying they would say something about the $90k.  Hell no, they would simply use their old standard line when they can't provide, or don't want to recognize, facts; "That was debunked long ago and I'm not going to look it up for you."

No, I'm surprised they didn't talk about how sad it was that a GREAT civil rights leader .... blah, blah, blah.

Shockingly I've not seen a single post about him dying.

KC

I suspect it's just a matter of a day or two for the more "woke" among them to begin gnashing teeth and rending their garments.

The article linked below could not have been more obsequious. Lotsa people out there think this criminal is the second coming of Christ.