Author Topic: My Summer Internship  (Read 10888 times)

Offline ColonelCarrots

My Summer Internship
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:05:13 AM »
Since May 16, 2015, I've been on my summer internship. I've been in Arcadia, Florida which is a small town considering where I'm from. Arcadia is a country town started some time in the late 1800s. It is located in the middle of no where.

When Arcadia was being built, there railroads and dirt trails that led into town. State Road 70 leads into town which follows an old rail road. Downtown Arcadia has the semblance of the past. Two lanes down the middle, parking to the side, and old style buildings on each side.

There are some historical places still in Arcadia. There's an old cafe which has been around for over fifty years. Someone told me, that the restaurant has been around for almost one hundred years. I have been to Wheeler's Cafe several times. The small restaurant is filled with blue collar workers looking for a good meal and a place to relax. There's nothing but good food, friendly people, and delicious homemade pie.

Later, I'll tell you about the transition of the big hustling and bustling city life of Tampa to the simple low-key life of Arcadia.

Offline SVPete

Re: My Summer Internship
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:23:40 AM »
Internship doing ...?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »
Internship doing ...?

I realized that as I was walking home from the library.

Pastoral Internship

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »

I realized that as I was walking home from the library.

Pastoral Internship
I'm highly skilled at saying 3/4 of what I meant to say, so I thoroughly understand.

Very cool internship! The Lutheran denomination in which I grew up required seminary students to serve a one-year vicarship to get their degree. I'm glad to see practical experience being part of pastoral education.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »
The Simple Life of Arcadia

This is my humble little abode for the last 2 and a half months of my pastoral internship.

It used to be a Suntrust bank with two lanes and a window. The church bought it and a parking lot sometime after hurricane Charlie in 2004 or '05. Then it was converted into their missionary building where I've been at. It's pretty lonely in there and I only have those 2 windows on the side. I wish the teller window was on the outside so I could order a pizza and just take it from there but oh well.

Because I am by myself, it can get lonely. There aren't people really around me so no neighbors or noises. I spend most of my afternoons and nights playing games, reading, watching Netflix/Youtube, or build Lego Star Wars spaceships.

This is the church I'm working at.

The building was built in 1905 after a fire had destroyed the town. It is one of the oldest buildings in town and was the center of town. The city hall is right next door. I will get a picture of the inside some time tonight. It was the first and only baptist church at the time. At one point they had stained class windows but in 1977 the First (Original) Baptist church moved out and took the windows with them. The original bell is gone as well so there is an old train bell in the tower now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:45:33 AM by ColonelCarrots »