Author Topic: HEALTHCARE: Man's with ruptured appendix.3 wks after NHS doctors removed it  (Read 1263 times)

Offline thundley4

After weeks of excruciating pain, Mark Wattson was understandably relieved to have his appendix taken out.
Doctors told him the operation was a success and he was sent home.
But only a month later the 35-year-old collapsed in agony and had to be taken back to Great Western Hospital in Swindon by ambulance.
To his shock, surgeons from the same team told him that not only was his appendix still inside him, but it had ruptured  -  a potentially fatal complication.
In a second operation it was finally removed, leaving Mr Wattson fearing another organ might have been taken out during the first procedure.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208970/Man-collapses-ruptured-appendix--weeks-NHS-doctors-took-out.html#ixzz0PJAsF8Vn

I guess this is what happens under government care, can't wait for it to be here.

Just a little more bit of news from across the pond.
The babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets
Thousands of women are having to give birth outside maternity wards because of a lack of midwives and hospital beds.
The lives of mothers and babies are being put at risk as births in locations ranging from lifts to toilets - even a caravan - went up 15 per cent last year to almost 4,000.
Health chiefs admit a lack of maternity beds is partly to blame for the crisis, with hundreds of women in labour being turned away from hospitals because they are full.
Latest figures show that over the past two years there were at least:
63 births in ambulances and 608 in transit to hospitals;
117 births in A&E departments, four in minor injury units and two in medical assessment areas;
115 births on other hospital wards and 36 in other unspecified areas including corridors;
399 in parts of maternity units other than labour beds, including postnatal and antenatal wards and reception areas

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html#ixzz0PJCeqjUG

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:44:26 AM by Mr Snuggle Bunny »

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: HEALTHCARE: Man's with ruptured appendix.3 wks after NHS doctors removed it
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:45:12 AM »
Added HEALTHCARE tag

Obviously Thundley leads the charge on healthcare ammo.

:cheersmate:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
I think it can be argued that, for normal pregnancies only (breech births are definitely not normal and thus require a hospital), history abounds with billions of examples how babies can be safely brought into the world without the benefit of a bacteria-laden, house of sick people, aka hospital.

Thus sayeth Mrs. E, who is an expert in such matters.  :bow: 
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »
I think it can be argued that, for normal pregnancies only (breech births are definitely not normal and thus require a hospital), history abounds with billions of examples how babies can be safely brought into the world without the benefit of a bacteria-laden, house of sick people, aka hospital.

Thus sayeth Mrs. E, who is an expert in such matters.  :bow: 

I would just as soon my babies are born where there are experts in case anything gets complicated!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!