Author Topic: 'Our most fundamental values are under attack': Democrats issue bleak ...  (Read 1216 times)

Offline mrclose

victim card + race card + self pity card + sexist card + gender identity card

'Our most fundamental values are under attack': Democrats issue bleak July Fourth statement

Happy Fourth of July – or maybe not.

The Democratic National Committee's annual Fourth of July statement reflects its long-standing tensions with President Donald Trump.

While hailing the nation's founding ideal of equality for all, DNC chairman Tom Perez said in the statement, "we recognize that America’s founding promise remains out of reach for too many families."

Adding that "everywhere we look, our most fundamental values are under attack," Perez referred to problems surrounding low-paying jobs, health care, immigration, injustice to people of color and members or the LGBTQ community, a recent Supreme Court decision on public unions, and the retirement of Justice Anthony Kennedy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/07/04/democratic-national-committee-july-4th-statement/757585002/

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
What a steaming pile of offal.

Why do political parties insist on taking a national holiday and then shitting all over it?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

What a steaming pile of offal.

Why do political parties insist on taking a national holiday and then shitting all over it?

I think you mean "why do DEMOCRATS take a national holiday and sh!t all over it?"  And that question is a tautology.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Perez referred to problems surrounding low-paying jobs

That's because your party is flooding the country with illegal aliens and depressing wages.  :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I think you mean "why do DEMOCRATS take a national holiday and sh!t all over it?"  And that question is a tautology.

No.

The RNC and the DNC both made statements.

Why is it necessary for either of them to bray about any holiday?  :whatever:

I'll grant you that the DNC's pathetic whinging takes the RNC's simple statement and trumps it (pun fully intended) as a classic example of "my ***** hurts."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
Reading the RNC statement, I wouldn't really identify any of it as sh!++ing on anything.

If somebody says something like that about me at my funeral, I just might sit up long enough to take a bow.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels