Author Topic: Dem lawmaker says restaurant was wrong for booting Sanders  (Read 991 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Dem lawmaker says restaurant was wrong for booting Sanders
« on: June 25, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »

https://nypost.com/2018/06/24/dem-lawmaker-says-restaurant-was-wrong-for-booting-sanders/

“I think the restaurant owner should have served her,” said Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the ranking member of the House Oversight Committee. “I really do,” he added during an appearance on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

While Cummings said Huckabee Sanders should have received her supper, he believed President Trump played a role in the acrimony that led up to the incident.

“I think President Trump has created this,” he said. “He’s basically given people license to state things that are ugly and those things then turn into actions, as we now see.”
How? Also, even if Trump "created this" whatever "this" is, how does that make it okay for the left to act like virtual signaling douche bags?

Carlos Gutierrez, who was commerce secretary under Republican President George W. Bush, agreed.

“I’m sorry that Sarah Huckabee Sanders had a bad day. I’m not worried about Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I’m worried about the African-American kid in school who gets harassed by kids who think they have a license to harass because the president says so,” Gutierrez said on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday.
Is this a thing, is it going on? Exactly what has Trump said that gave some kids license (that word again--->talking point?) to harass African-American kids?

“I’m worried about the Hispanic kid, the Hispanic-American citizen who is harassed at school and called a member of MS-13 because the president calls immigrants from Hispanic countries members of MS-13,” he continued.
Again, is this a thing that is going on or something they believe is going on? Like the anti-Muslim backlash that never happens after a terrorist event involving Muslims.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

Re: Dem lawmaker says restaurant was wrong for booting Sanders
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
While Cummings said Huckabee Sanders should have received her supper, he believed President Trump played a role in the acrimony that led up to the incident.

“I think President Trump has created this,” he said. “He’s basically given people license to state things that are ugly and those things then turn into actions, as we now see.”

Pure bovine excrement! Where did Trump followers mass-attack Hillary rally attendees? What Oakland and DC restaurants did Trump followers invade to make a political statement or harass DNC or D Congress members' staff? Where did Trump followers mass-attack university speeches by Libs/Progs?

Until Ds condemn this crap without twisting it to blame Trump, the Ds excreted and own every bit of this crap!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »
They are going to regret this behavior if they can ever face the fact that things like the Huckabee event are leading to a conservative rout in November.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 09:47:25 PM »
Pure bovine excrement! Where did Trump followers mass-attack Hillary rally attendees? What Oakland and DC restaurants did Trump followers invade to make a political statement or harass DNC or D Congress members' staff? Where did Trump followers mass-attack university speeches by Libs/Progs?

Until Ds condemn this crap without twisting it to blame Trump, the Ds excreted and own every bit of this crap!

Exactly. They need to
:ownit:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 05:16:28 AM »
Cummings is just another professional politician cashing in on the backlash from the Sanders story. I always enjoyed watching Gowdy make short work of him in those congressional hearings that seem to go on ad nauseum and solve nothing -- except create some theater.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.