Author Topic: Warren was a once-in-a-lifetime candidate  (Read 653 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Warren was a once-in-a-lifetime candidate
« on: March 05, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »
Star Member Recursion (55,635 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287633824

This is a very sad day

She was the first fake indian candidate to run for POTUS...

:-)

Star Member DemocratSinceBirth (94,068 posts)

2. If a certain candidate dropped out she would have been competitive.

Star Member TwilightZone (16,187 posts)

32. I found the "if she cared about the progressive movement, she'd drop out" comments amusing.

If they, and of course "they" meaning supporters of Senator Sanders, were truly concerned about the progressive movement, they should have rallied behind the better candidate, Elizabeth Warren.

Star Member relayerbob (1,645 posts)

4. I agree

Just moved to Biden from her late Tuesday, as this was clearly the only path. But, a very sad day.

bucolic_frolic (15,862 posts)

8. She is a professor policy incubator

somewhat akin to FDR's Brain Trust. Rare indeed for them to gain traction as a presidential candidate.

:???:

dansolo (4,950 posts)

50. Warren was given horrible advice

She should have never tried to crowd into Bernie's lane. She had two realistic paths to the nomination. If Bernie wasn't running, she could have been the hard left candidate. But with him there, her best chance was to forge a path between the moderates and liberals, and tried to slurp up all of the support that went to Pete and Amy. If she could have made it a 3 person race between her, Joe, and Bernie, then she could have become the compromise candidate if there was a brokered convention.

I also have in issue with the "She has a plan for that" slogan. All of her plans just felt like Bernie's plans, with a little tweaking. She didn't go with her strengths. She tried to be a populist, when she would have been better off selling herself as a problem solver.

I briefly was looking to support her early on, but I moved to Pete when she went all in on Medicare for All. She should have come up with her own unique plan. But instead, every time she pushed M4A, she was just promoting Bernie instead of herself.

onetexan (4,751 posts)

28. I agree. Hillary is our once-in-a-lifetime candidate. There is no other woman in US politics who

even comes close. Don't beat me up if you disagree. This is just IMHO.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Bettie (8,323 posts)

10. But, now we know for sure

that it wasn't about Hillary or Kamala or Amy or Elizabeth.

It is about misogyny.

And the more men tell me it doesn't exist, the more clear it becomes.

The US is a deeply misogynistic nation.

"I'd vote for a woman, just not THAT woman..." except every woman is "that" woman.

Star Member at140 (4,284 posts)

11. No exaggeration at all!

Warren was the best and perhaps the only chance to correct the direction of country.
Middle class is drowning in student debt, credit card debt, high mortgage loans due to housing bubble in many areas, car loans, compounded with near zero return on their meager savings which are being eaten away by inflation, more and more bankruptcies due to medical expenses, and stagnant wages!

While we are creating more and bigger Billionaires who own more assets than combined assets of half Americans.

unblock (44,202 posts)

48. i think she's perfectly suited to being a senator

and if we actually win the trifecta (white house and both houses of congress), she'll be legend.

she'll be this generation's ted kennedy, lioness of the senate.

There is a scary thought...

Star Member Pachamama (14,563 posts)

55. I love her....she is "Echt"....

That is the German and the Yiddish word for "Real"....

I just got teary eyed listening to her. She is truly Echt.

I know we have not heard the last from her and she has much more good work to do....

I don't think anyone should expect her to come out immediately and endorse either Sanders or Biden. She will wait and she will hold her power and she will then become a part of the future Democratic Presidency and whether it be helping them from the Senate or even a role in the administration - She will do great things and play a role.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member LisaM (24,795 posts)

58. I'm upset and trying not to lash out.

I've made my peace with Biden, but I find it really difficult to understand why, yet again, someone who was bested by Hillary Clinton gets to move on while she's relegated to the sidelines.

2008 - had more votes than Obama, but the DNC wouldn't count Michigan and Florida, so she finished second while Biden was a distant fifth (and he was put on the ticket, not her). Soldiered on with a smile.

2016 - beat Bernie by 4 million votes, was accused of rigging, was booed at her own convention, soldiered on with a smile.

2016 - had to battle bitter Bernie supporters, the Russians, the FBI, Comey, and Trump, still won by 3 million votes, but was hamstrung by the Electoral College. Soldiered on with a smile and a few tears.

Yet it's fine and dandy for all these people Hillary beat to run again, and if she'd tried it, well, we all know what would happen.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JGug1 (213 posts)

93. Warren a Once In a Lifetime Candidate?

Oh, please. Warren is of the people. I agree with that. I think that most of her policies would be good for the people.
She isn't THAT primo. Sorry.

:-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Warren was a once-in-a-lifetime candidate
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 05:51:34 PM »
“Warren was a once-in-a-lifetime candidate.”

Let’s hope so. But with the Dem party still breathing, there’s always a new and even more stupid once-in-a-lifetime candidate waiting to take center stage.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 07:19:02 PM »
she'll be this generation's ted kennedy, lioness of the senate.

Who will she take drunk driving lessons from, Hunter Biden?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 10:38:20 PM »
>Star Member Recursion (55,635 posts)  Warren was a once-in-a-lifetime candidate.  This is a very sad day :-(

FauxYerHinus got Shellacked with the smell of Denatured Alcohol on the breath of Victory denied. 

PSA: "Shellac is a resin secreted by the female lac bug on trees..."  Smells like has-been Spirits :-)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »
Star Member Recursion (55,635 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287633824

This is a very sad day

One that would lie about the time while standing under a clock. :thatsright:

Star Member DemocratSinceBirth (94,068 posts)

2. If a certain All the candidates dropped out she would have been competitive.

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 01:09:41 PM »
Star Member TwilightZone (16,187 posts)

32. I found the "if she cared about the progressive movement, she'd drop out" comments amusing.

If they, and of course "they" meaning supporters of Senator Sanders, were truly concerned about the progressive movement, they should have rallied behind the better candidate, Elizabeth Warren.
By definition didn't they do that? Obviously, Warren was not the better candidate.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 01:37:49 PM »
Star Member at140 (4,284 posts)

11. No exaggeration at all!

Warren was the best and perhaps the only chance to correct the direction of country.
Middle class is drowning in student debt, credit card debt, high mortgage loans

None of which are choices by individuals (note: Mortgages are around 3% so that part is crap).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »

If you mean Bowing to Islam, 1000+ "genders" a Scotus  that legislates from the bench, 8 Trillion in spending to sink the country etc.  THAT correction?

:bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 02:43:28 PM »
Middle class is drowning in student debt, credit card debt, high mortgage loans

Hmmm ... foolish choices ... foolish choices ... foolish choices ...

College majors from pricey institutions without a remunerative career path ... materialism and lusting for the latest "toys" ... home equity loans for cruises and stuff ...

How many poor-mouthers on DU have some or all of the latest iPhone, iPad (or corresponding Samsung products), Apple Watch, newest highest resolution HDTVs ... ?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 03:03:59 PM »
Hmmm ... foolish choices ... foolish choices ... foolish choices ...

College majors from pricey institutions without a remunerative career path ... materialism and lusting for the latest "toys" ... home equity loans for cruises and stuff ...

How many poor-mouthers on DU have some or all of the latest iPhone, iPad (or corresponding Samsung products), Apple Watch, newest highest resolution HDTVs ... ?

EGG Zactly! Spending all your $$ and then some on a bunch of shit made in China by child slave labor just because you think you need it or to be cool at 20 something percent interest brought to you by your man Biden.  You need to call slo joe to complain to him.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!