Author Topic: Call me stupid but I still don't understand why the COVID-19 is so dangerous  (Read 2179 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Miigwech (2,358 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213048382

Call me stupid but I still don't understand why the COVID-19 is so dangerous
Where is the information? WHY IS THIS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE SEASONAL FLU? Someone please put the truth out there for Americans to know WTF WE ARE DEALING WITH.

PubliusEnigma (1,125 posts)

1. COVID-19 is easier to catch, and it kills more who catch it.

brokephibroke (993 posts)

3. Hysteria for sure

But it’s the first time one of these newer virus’s have made it here. China is already recovering manufacturing capacity.

Boxerfan (1,857 posts)

6. It does permanent lung damage if it doesn't kill you-high infection rates

And a penchant for the elder.

Add to the fact we have a narcissist in charge who only cares about himself & not "We the People" or the constitution.
It is time to panic or at least defend yourself as best possible. It is barely begun we are at a 2 it will be a 10 in a month.

:thatsright:

Star Member ZZenith (1,320 posts)

4. If one hundred of your friends get the seasonal flu

there’s a very good chance none of them will die.

If one hundred of your friends get COVID-19 there’s a very good chance AT LEAST three of them will die.

Does that help?

:whatever:  That's not exactly how that works...

Star Member Farmer-Rick (4,692 posts)

9. And if any of your friends are 70 or older, and have a preexisting medical condition

Medical condition like heart disease, diabetes or kidney problems, they will probably die if they catch it

And there is no vaccine.

:whatever:

Star Member milestogo (7,415 posts)

7. It has a slightly higher mortality rate than the flu and is very contagious.

The scariest thing I've heard is that the number of infected people doubles every 24 hours.

After 10 days 1 person becomes 512 people.

After 20 days 512 people becomes half a million people.

With that many infected people, a lot more people will die.

::)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

After 10 days 1 person becomes 512 people.

After 20 days 512 people becomes half a million people.

With that many infected people, a lot more people will die.

OMG :panic:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
If you ever wondered why liberals want a nanny state, look no further than their reaction to this and their inability to know how to care for themselves.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

If you ever wondered why liberals want a nanny state, look no further than their reaction to this and their inability to know how to care for themselves.

Worse yet, it shows the limitations of such a nanny state; the government cannot, for instance, make people practice good hygiene at all times.

Offline jukin

SPECIAL ALERT FOR ALL CAVERS

Aim for the head.  It will all be fine when enough leftists are mercied.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

The free market and "Big Pharma" are very well equipped to deal with this.  If the government didn't act like a grabby drunk at closing time attaching themselves to everything.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpsterDiver

>Miigwech (2,358 posts)  Call me stupid but I still don't understand why the COVID-19 is so dangerous...

Well, my dear Dummy, if you are not boiling your Bat Meat you mail ordered from China for at least 3 minutes...you should be.

PSA:  KMA  :-)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Star Member Farmer-Rick (4,692 posts)

9. And if any of your friends are 70 or older, and have a preexisting medical condition

Medical condition like heart disease, diabetes or kidney problems, they will probably die if they catch it
If true, the DUmmies are so F'd in the A. That is like 90% of their active members.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

Miigwech (2,358 posts)

Call me stupid

With pleasure! Stupid, stupid, etc. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

Miigwech (2,358 posts)

Call me stupid

With pleasure! Stupid, stupid, etc.

We find these truths to be self evident...
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

The media is punching it up to be Trump's Katrina.  Simple.  On the magazine stand at the store today, there were articles saying "I survived and beat the Coronavirus!"  I leafed through the article.  Guy had a bad cold with fever, which broke in a day, and now everything's great.  For God's sake. These stupid DUmmies acting like this is an automatic death sentence.  That was the sheep's talking point orders.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The media is punching it up to be Trump's Katrina.  Simple.  On the magazine stand at the store today, there were articles saying "I survived and beat the Coronavirus!"  I leafed through the article.  Guy had a bad cold with fever, which broke in a day, and now everything's great.  For God's sake. These stupid DUmmies acting like this is an automatic death sentence.  That was the sheep's talking point orders.

The narrative is not going to go the way they think. This is simply more hoax material and will backfire.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

The narrative is not going to go the way they think. This is simply more hoax material and will backfire.

KC

I wouldn't trust the numbers coming from blue states any more than I trust the data coming from China. The left lies.

Offline SVPete

I wouldn't trust the numbers coming from blue states any more than I trust the data coming from China. The left lies.

Blue states' inclination would be to exaggerate for political reasons, while China's bureaucrats inclination would be to under-report for CYA purposes. The intents counter-balance, but not the numbers, since there are far fewer cases in the US (and probably will remain far fewer, due largely to the Trump Administration's quick travel warnings and imposition of travel restrictions).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

Oh Noes! Someone has Corona!!!!!

Offline freedumb2003b

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Oh Noes! Someone has Corona!!!!!

From what I understand you can get your supply of Coronavirus in 6 and 12 packs.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline 67 Rover

If true, the DUmmies are so F'd in the A. That is like 90% of their active members.

* OmahaSteve is exempt from the statement above.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

* OmahaSteve is exempt from the statement above.
Cockroaches and OmahaSteve will outlive us all.

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

Cockroaches and OmahaSteve will outlive us all.

Word!  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline zeitgeist

I have been looking for the rank (very rank) and file of the great unwashed to realize that their strong holds will probably be hardest hit.  Population density is great for spreading viruses as far a layman like myself can tell.  Big city hospitals will probably be more stressed than farmer John's doctor's co-operative clinic in fly over country.  Well heck ya, they might not have all them modern luxuries but the will probably have lighter viral loads too. 

Imagine being quarantined in a fetid swamp like Baltimore or San Francisco or New York City if you think a cruise ship is bad. 

I also wonder how all them truckers are going to work from home.   :werd:   

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline FiddyBeowulf

I have been looking for the rank (very rank) and file of the great unwashed to realize that their strong holds will probably be hardest hit.  Population density is great for spreading viruses as far a layman like myself can tell.  Big city hospitals will probably be more stressed than farmer John's doctor's co-operative clinic in fly over country.  Well heck ya, they might not have all them modern luxuries but the will probably have lighter viral loads too. 

Imagine being quarantined in a fetid swamp like Baltimore or San Francisco or New York City if you think a cruise ship is bad. 

I also wonder how all them truckers are going to work from home.   :werd:   

Population density is great for spreading viruses
Hoo-Ray....mass transit. Buses, trains, subways and the stations that service them were low grade hot zones before COVID-19, now  :runaway: