Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg is suspending his campaign.  (Read 693 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Pete Buttigieg is suspending his campaign.
« on: March 01, 2020, 08:32:34 PM »
Star Member BigmanPigman (32,595 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213034873

Pete Buttigieg is suspending his campaign.
Just heard on CNN. An aide said Buttigieg has decided to end it for now. He will announce it at 8PM.

Steyer's votes and Buttigieg's votes will likely go to Biden, the panel is saying.

Is this in the wrong forum?

Star Member DFW (36,105 posts)

3. Maybe the forum police will let this one ride. The ripple effect will go way beyind the primaries.

This national news now, as it could affect more than just the primaries down the road. Mayor Pete's move, especially its timing, might just have affected the outcome in November, as well as the makeup of the administration that takes over in January.

Star Member PufPuf23 (6,711 posts)

6. Perhaps the Democratic party could be using the various talents to form a Cabinet in Absentia until we regain the POTUS and Senate and retain the House.

Imagine a Democratic Virus Czar (rather than Pence) with a staff and advisers made of adults and scientists and functioning and staffed CDC and other involved agencies. The public could see each day what we Democrats would be doing were we in office while the GOP Trumpsters flounder in insane nasty incompetence.

:thatsright:

Star Member cwydro (36,061 posts)

12. Wrong forum.

Why do people keep posting in the wrong forum?

:lmao:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Pete Buttigieg is suspending his campaign.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 09:05:54 PM »

6. Perhaps the Democratic party could be using the various talents to form a Cabinet in Absentia until we regain the POTUS and Senate and retain the House.

Imagine a Democratic Virus Czar (rather than Pence) with a staff and advisers made of adults and scientists and functioning and staffed CDC and other involved agencies. The public could see each day what we Democrats would be doing were we in office while the GOP Trumpsters flounder in insane nasty incompetence.
You would need someone in charge, like a pretend president.  Too many Democrats are fighting over that at the moment. Even then it would be chaotic and contrary and seriously border on treason. Lefties in the executive branch would try to enact the shadow govt rules instead of Trumps and get tones of people arrested - including the shadow govt jokers.

If this made any sense it would have been tried already. I've been expecting this as dementia is replacing the last vestiges if reason on the Left.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »
Wel that sucks! :rimshot:  :fuelfire:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 06:19:40 AM »
I'm not surprised. I knew he would never end up being the Dem candidate:
1. The fact that he is gay would almost certainly cost the Dems most of the black vote that they value so much, as well as the Latino vote (i.e. In 2008, when the Prop 8 gay marriage ban was on the ballot, blacks and Latinos were the racial groups who voted most heavily in favor of it).
2. The radical things he's proposed (i.e. a mandatory carbon tax on all American citizens, and the full decriminalization of most hard drugs) would not be the sorts of things most voters would support.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »
He was only a pretty face with no real experience in being able to run this country. He is just another empty suit like beto and several others. :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 08:45:46 AM »
Pretty face? IMO, he looked like Alfred E. Newman without freckles.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
Pretty face? IMO, he looked like Alfred E. Newman without freckles.

I was being kind. But what is wrong with Alfred E Newman?
He made us laugh without running for president and telling us we were racist.

What? Me worry? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 02:16:40 PM »
I was being kind. But what is wrong with Alfred E Newman?
He made us laugh without running for president and telling us we were racist.

What? Me worry? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neuman ran for president a couple of times IIRC.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 02:24:37 AM »
Neuman ran for president a couple of times IIRC.
He had to stop because he got too close to winning
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 10:51:06 AM »

And with what authority will this faux cabinet be working under? :loser:

Star Member cwydro (36,061 posts)

12. Wrong forum.

Why do people keep posting in the wrong forum?

Obviously because they are F**king STUPID!!! :thatsright: :loser: :loser: :loser: