Author Topic: Predicting President Biden and a Case for Stacey  (Read 581 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Predicting President Biden and a Case for Stacey
« on: February 29, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
Baked Potato (1,265 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287598746

Joe Biden will win the Democratic nomination and go on to become President. He will enjoy a hard earned and broad support as Americans emerge from a time capsule of despair, opened just in time.

I predict Joe will select Stacey Abrams as his Vice Presidential running mate. Ms. Abrams is a savvy, tenacious, and formidable campaigner and can assume the duties of President from Day One, an attribute Joe Biden has intimated is a top requirement for his pick. Stacey Abrams is also pragmatic, which aligns with Joe Biden’s policy stances.

From a recent article linked below quotes:

“Democratic strategist Karen Finney, who was an adviser to Abrams gubernatorial campaign, said that before most of the 2020 presidential candidates entered the race, they consulted Abrams on how to maximize turnout among African-American and infrequent voters.

Finney credited Abrams for increased African-American voter turnout in Georgia, because of her “clear vision and strategy to talk to black voters a year before the election and really listen to what they were saying.”

“She’s very adept at talking about policy in pragmatic, practical terms,” Finney said. “She’s a gifted orator. It’s inspiring and uplifting, even the tough stuff, and people are hungry for that.” Finney said Abrams is a zealous fundraiser, who doesn’t have to be prodded to call donors like some other candidates.”

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article240523121.html

Biden may select Kamala Harris, who has shown herself to be a fierce competitor and able to be President from Day One also, but I think Joe may want Senator Harris to be his Attorney General. An Attorney General Harris would create a shakeup at the Department of Justice that would be felt from the top to the bottom. Attorney General Harris would really make more than a few politicians and scofflaws “nervous”, as she did to a shrinking and quivering Attorney General Jeff Sessions during a Senate Committee hearing.

I get giddy just thinking about all the Trumpian crybabies cleaning out their desks and cubicles come next January.

:loser:

bucolic_frolic (15,663 posts)

1. The likelihood of selecting

a VP candidate whose highest held office was State House Representative is very slim in my view.

Is she a Woman?  YES(?)
Is she Black?  YES!
Is she a Lesbian? Could be if we need the votes...

:whatever:

dawg (9,498 posts)

10. She wasn't just a run of the mill state representative ...

she was the Democratic Leader in the Georgia House of Representatives. And she handled the job capably and fairly, showing an impressive ability to work across the aisle when necessary.

Her experience level is, at the very least, comparable to Mayor Pete's, and I'm currently supporting him for the top of the ticket.

:whatever:

Star Member LakeArenal (9,868 posts)

2. I think it would be great.

I’ve said it for months.

Just not sure how WI and other Midwestern states would go.

Amy would be better in those states I think.

Harris would not help much in south or Midwest as VP.

(because they are racists?)

madville (4,977 posts)

9. Have never understood the Abrams hype

She doesn’t have the resume or experience to be “President from Day One”. No matter how many times people say it, it doesn’t make it magically true.

She does have a good shot at GA Governor in 2022 for sure and that would be a great next step in her political career.

Harris, being from California, doesn’t bring anything for the swing states, Amy K would be more appealing to voters in those states.

Star Member ooky (3,991 posts)

11. I don't want to lose any Senate seats for either VP or AG.

That makes Abrams my slam dunk choice for VP. I'm fine with Harris for AG as long as it doesn't put her Senate seat at risk of going to a Republican.

:popcorn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Predicting President Biden and a Case for Stacey
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 12:00:41 PM »
Uhhh No.

biden is fading fast and has done nothing in the debates.

Looks like crazy uncle bernie is the candidate which means a Trump WIPEOUT.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »
If Miss Adams was a white male from the same area with the same qualities, intelligence and demeanor, DUmmies would be mocking him as a gap-toothed ignorant southern moron.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 02:02:16 PM »
Once again a DUmbass putting symbolism (a black female liberal) over substance (who is the best person for the job).
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »
Baked Potato (1,265 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287598746

Joe Biden will win the Democratic nomination and go on to become President. He will enjoy a hard earned and broad support as Americans emerge from a time capsule of despair, opened just in time.

I predict Joe will select Stacey Abrams as his Vice Presidential running mate.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »
If Miss Adams was a white male from the same area with the same qualities, intelligence and demeanor, DUmmies would be mocking him as a gap-toothed ignorant southern moron.

Also fat. 

What the hell is her appeal to these morons?  Most of them call her Stacy Adams anyway. 

Response to Baked Potato (Reply #8)
Sat Feb 29, 2020, 02:31 PM
 OnDoutside (13,010 posts)
27. I agree, and she has that X factor that will heal the Democratic Party after

the current fighting.

I have also been saying it for months, that Biden will choose Stacy. To balance him out, he needs a woman running mate, and to get the African American vote out, it really should be Stacy or Kamala, there aren't that many candidates. Stacy is a cut above for me. She will even appeal to progressives.

The X-factor.   :lmao:  Angry gap-toothed overweight black woman.  And it just floors me how they treat black people as little pawns.  It's disgusting. 

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Baked Potato (Original post)
Sat Feb 29, 2020, 12:42 PM
 left-of-center2012 (20,823 posts)
14. no

He needs someone more experienced to step in at a moments notice if necessary.

I'd like him to pick Gov Newsom of CA.

:lmao:  Shit in the streets. 

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 05:27:34 PM by Karin »