Author Topic: I am feeling much better, really I am.  (Read 431 times)

Offline zeitgeist

I am feeling much better, really I am.
« on: February 27, 2020, 09:22:43 AM »
Bring out your dead ...

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142438317

Omaha Steve (71,889 posts)

Labor union unveils $150M campaign to help defeat Trump
Source: AP

By STEVE PEOPLES

WASHINGTON (AP) — One of the nation’s largest labor unions is unveiling plans to invest $150 million in a nationwide campaign to help defeat President Donald Trump, a sweeping effort focused on eight battleground states and voters of color who typically don’t vote.

The investment marks the largest voter engagement and turnout operation in the history of the Service Employees International Union, which claims nearly 2 million members. The scope of the campaign, which quietly launched last month and will run through November’s general election, reflects the urgency of what union president Mary Kay Henry calls “a make-or-break” moment for working people in America under Trump’s leadership.

“He’s systematically unwinding and attacking unions. Federal workers rights have been totally eviscerated under his watch,” Henry said in an interview. “We are on fire about the rules being rigged against us and needing to elect people that are going to stand with workers.”

The union’s campaign will span 40 states and target 6 million voters focused largely in Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin, according to details of the plan shared with The Associated Press. The union and its local members will pay particular attention to two key urban battlegrounds they believe will play a defining role in the 2020 general election: Detroit and Milwaukee. There may be some television advertising, but the investment will focus primarily on direct contact and online advertising targeting minority men and women who typically don’t vote.

President Donald Trump with members of the president's coronavirus task force speaks during a news conference at the Brady press briefing room of the White House, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

Read more: https://apnews.com/e3645cd1d3ac6d179e2defbc9542cbb4

Tweet   
6 replies, 261 views

One can only assume the medicinal value of Mini Tacos has worked its miracle on the defunct sewer worker.

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)Thu Feb 27, 2020, 07:29 AM
Bernardo de La Paz (30,772 posts)

1. The hypocrite wears pink on Anti-Bullying Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Bullying_Day

John has a long mustache.  (there is a picture of President Trump in OS's original post). :whistling:

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)Thu Feb 27, 2020, 07:30 AM
Bernardo de La Paz (30,772 posts)

2. That's $75 per union member and $25 per voter targetted

Good for them to fight tRump!

But it's sick how much money is wasted in the US on election campaigns.

And they thought Psycojawea scalped her supporters!!

The Union screams "Fight for $15!"  Then they steal dues from their working poor members.  Nice.

Response to Bernardo de La Paz (Reply #2)Thu Feb 27, 2020, 08:31 AM
Magoo48 (1,387 posts)

4. Yes and yes.

No.  Union No!

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)Thu Feb 27, 2020, 08:01 AM
Mc Mike (8,436 posts)

3. Good activist union.

Unions are the sick man of politics.  They need to be put out of everyone's misery.  They are a piranha on the working poor, leaching off and sucking them dry. 

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)Thu Feb 27, 2020, 08:33 AM
Magoo48 (1,387 posts)

5. SEIU, thank you. It's a shame that it is necessary. Nevertheless, thank you.

Who didn't love Monty?? 

:rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: I am feeling much better, really I am.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:42:17 AM »
Only one tiny little problem...  The SEIU doesn't know who nominee will be.

So it's just the announcement is just a balcony-scene, playing to loyalists whom they think are out there.  In the privacy of the voting-booth, union-workers are going to vote for Trump.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »
Just one of many reasons I will not belong to a union.  In the immortal words of Greta; "How DARE they!"  I know many fine union members who have their dues used against their best interest AND without their support or input.

They don't even poll their members to see who they would support, they just throw money at whomever they choose from the lofty towers of the Union Hall.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 04:27:12 PM »
One of the nation’s largest labor unions is unveiling plans to invest $150 million in a nationwide campaign to help defeat President Donald Trump

Talk about voting against your best interests. Union members have been doing it for years by voting for the Democrats. There is not one single Democrat idea that doesn't hurt union workers. Note that I said workers not union big wigs.

The only union members that benefit from democrats being elected are those working in government jobs or teachers, BIRM.