Author Topic: Call Your Senators Right Now and Demand a Clean Vote on $2,000 Survival Checks!!  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100214774628

liskddksil (2,493 posts)

Call Your Senators Right Now and Demand a Clean Vote on $2,000 Survival Checks!!!!!!

(202) 224-3121

Well, I hate to see my money spent like that, BUT if it's going to happen I would rather see it done this way.  This is what Trump wanted to do from the beginning and Nancy wasn't having it.  SHE wanted her pork and she wants a lot of it.

Wonder how many DUmmies will tell this poster to go jump off a bridge?

liskddksil (2,493 posts)

1. What are you waiting for people!!!

I'll tell you what they're waiting for, you didn't put "RIGHT FUGGING NOW!!!!!" in the subject line.  Newb mistake.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

They'd be a lot better off in the short and long run if they'd call their leftist mayors and governors and convince them to open back up for business.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
They'd be a lot better off in the short and long run if they'd call their leftist mayors and governors and convince them to open back up for business.

Absolutely!

Personally I think if they're going to give money away it should work the other way around.  Simply stop withholding from the paychecks and stop all politicians pay.  Once they open the country back up, we get a 2 month tax holiday to 'catch up' a little, then the politicians get their pay back, and we start paying taxes.

This incentivizes those who work vs those who stopped coming to work because of the huge UI handouts.  And yes, this happened.  If any DUmmie wants to come challenge me on it I have employees who will not be coming back to work with the company for this very reason.  They wouldn't return when I needed them because they were getting more in UI than if they worked.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

that goes against the leftist dream of getting the unwashed masses locked away in their homes where they can't do anything that runs counter to big government's master plan and makes them dependent on the government for everything.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
that goes against the leftist dream of getting the unwashed masses locked away in their homes where they can't do anything that runs counter to big government's master plan and makes them dependent on the government for everything.

Funny enough, I just saw some posts over there talking about how liberals were all about resisting authority ... then you look at some of the other posts about how they want to punch people in the face for not wearing a mask.

KC
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:06:04 PM by Texacon »

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

My question is... where were all these unemployed people when they were sitting home? Between jobs, my job WAS finding another job
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Absolutely!

Personally I think if they're going to give money away it should work the other way around.  Simply stop withholding from the paychecks and stop all politicians pay.  Once they open the country back up, we get a 2 month tax holiday to 'catch up' a little, then the politicians get their pay back, and we start paying taxes.

This incentivizes those who work vs those who stopped coming to work because of the huge UI handouts.  And yes, this happened.  If any DUmmie wants to come challenge me on it I have employees who will not be coming back to work with the company for this very reason.  They wouldn't return when I needed them because they were getting more in UI than if they worked.

KC

Leftists have their head up their rectums when it comes to economics, and the jack booted thug lockdowns (which have nothing to do with science) are showing that.  Tax revenues drop when people don't spend money.  Increasing taxes don't raise money either.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
My question is... where were all these unemployed people when they were sitting home? Between jobs, my job WAS finding another job

That was the way I have treated it in the past when I was in between jobs.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Survival Checks!?!  :o

I didn’t believe that was a thing until I looked it up and, sure enough, it’s a thing. That phrase is so stupid only Dems/libs/progs could come up with it.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:59:24 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

Bread and circuses
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Bread and circuses" (or bread and games; from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metonymic phrase referring to superficial appeasement.
It is attributed to Juvenal, a Roman poet active in the late first and early second century CE — and is used commonly in cultural, particularly political, contexts.

In a political context, the phrase means to generate public approval, not by excellence in public service or public policy, but by diversion, distraction or by satisfying the most immediate or base requirements of a populace[1] — by offering a palliative: for example food (bread) or entertainment (circuses).

Juvenal, who originated the phrase, used it to downcry the "selfishness" of common people and their neglect of wider concerns.[2][3][4] The phrase implies a population's erosion or ignorance of civic duty as a priority.[5]

This phrase originates from Rome in Satire X of the Roman satirical poet Juvenal (c. CE 100). In context, the Latin panem et circenses (bread and circuses) identifies the only remaining interest of a Roman populace which no longer cares for its historical birthright of political involvement. Here Juvenal displays his contempt for the declining heroism of contemporary Romans, using a range of different themes including lust for power and desire for old age to illustrate his argument.[6] Roman politicians passed laws in 140 CE to keep the votes of poorer citizens, by introducing a grain dole: giving out cheap food and entertainment, "bread and circuses", became the most effective way to rise to power.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

I'm partly lucky and partly diligent/wise.

I'm lucky in that my company and my job there are deemed "essential". IMO, restaurants and hair salons and etc. are getting screwed over by state governments by not being allowed to show what kind of safety measures they could implement and because it is known that those sorts of businesses (and churches too, BTW) are insignificant sources of spread.

As for the "diligent/wise" part, I chose a career path 5 decades ago that has done well, worked to stay current (I chose electronics when vacuum tubes were still being used in consumer electronics!), worked, and still am working.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

It is impossible for liberal politicians to have a clean bill for anything.  There will ALWAYS be crap attached that has nothing to do with the stated purpose of the bill but will purchase votes for legislators who know how to play the game.

ALWAYS.

Most of that vote-buying crap is liberal claptrap so when DUmmies demand a clean bill they are working against their own stated political philosophy.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
It is impossible for liberal politicians to have a clean bill for anything.  There will ALWAYS be crap attached that has nothing to do with the stated purpose of the bill but will purchase votes for legislators who know how to play the game.

ALWAYS.

Most of that vote-buying crap is liberal claptrap so when DUmmies demand a clean bill they are working against their own stated political philosophy.

There are 2 things I'm going to sit down and write my Senators about. 

1.  Why can't we make all bills clean?  They either stand alone, or don't.  We need to stop allowing this bull crap where some really unpopular bill is attached to something good or mainly benefits one state.  After all is said and done both sides do it then beat the other over the head with who voted for the crap during election season.

2.  We have got to find a way to stop foreign influence in our elections, and by that I mean the people in other STATES sending millions of dollars to another state to help elect the Senator or Congressperson they want to see win.  This is MY state, I absolutely despise seeing money from CA or NY or anyplace else, coming in to help elect people who are going to be elected to represent either the people of TX or the state of TX.  It's bullshit of the highest order!  I've no right to tell the people of another state who should represent them and they have no right to tell me who should represent me.

KC

KC

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I've decided to call my Senators.

I just can't decide WHAT to call them.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
I've decided to call my Senators.

I just can't decide WHAT to call them.

How about worthless, grifting, dishonorable, oxygen thieving wastes of skin who don't give a damn about their constituents who put them in power.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe