Author Topic: DUmmy unwittingly proves what Kennedy did to Mandela  (Read 465 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
DUmmy unwittingly proves what Kennedy did to Mandela
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:22:47 PM »
alp227 (23,061 posts)

The US government's persecution of Mandela

Last edited Thu Dec 5, 2013, 10:02 PM - Edit history (1)
New York Times in 1990, CIA tie reported in Mandela's arrest:

The Central Intelligence Agency played an important role in the arrest in 1962 of Nelson Mandela, the African National Congress leader who was jailed for nearly 28 years before his release four months ago, a news report says.

The intelligence service, using an agent inside the African National Congress, provided South African security officials with precise information about Mr. Mandela's activities that enabled the police to arrest him, said the account by the Cox News Service.

The report, scheduled for publication on Sunday, quoted an unidentified retired official who said that a senior C.I.A. officer told him shortly after Mr. Mandela's arrest: ''We have turned Mandela over to the South African Security branch. We gave them every detail, what he would be wearing, the time of day, just where he would be.''

And the BBC in 2008, Mandela taken off US terror list:

US President George W Bush has signed a bill removing Nelson Mandela and South African leaders from the US terror watch list, officials say.

Mr Mandela and ANC party members will now be able to visit the US without a waiver from the secretary of state.

The African National Congress (ANC) was designated as a terrorist organisation by South Africa's old apartheid regime.

AMURKA, FORCE FOR GOOD IN THE WORLD!

So, a Democrat put Mandela in jail, and a Republican removed the last bastion of US oppression, huh? Thanks for playing, DUmmy.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: DUmmy unwittingly proves what Kennedy did to Mandela
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
Alpnumbers didn't get a single comment.
Primitives saw the cliff, and refused to jump.  :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:01:09 PM »
Alpnumbers didn't get a single comment.
Primitives saw the cliff, and refused to jump.  :lmao:

That is a rare event. The lemmings usually are unable to resist.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
That is a rare event. The lemmings usually are unable to resist.
I know. Perhaps they saw some gators at the bottom.  :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”