Author Topic: A DUmmie movie?  (Read 315 times)

Offline ChuckJ

A DUmmie movie?
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:54:05 PM »
I've been seeing a movie advertised called "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty". Is it based on the short story or the DUmmie?

I did notice that Ben Stiller is playing the main character and directing.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: A DUmmie movie?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:58:24 PM »
Danny Kaye played the original role masterfully. I can scarce imagine anyone could ever do it better.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »
I was just wondering if maybe nadin's popularity has become so widespread and well known that they had decided to make a movie about her life.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
I was just wondering if maybe nadin's popularity has become so widespread and well known that they had decided to make a movie about her life.

I wonder if Ben Stiller was gNads' first choice to play her.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.