Author Topic: Amber - 09/27  (Read 1123 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Amber - 09/27
« on: September 27, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »
Quote from:
Lady Freedom Returns

Update for those following...

Well my time at the Sally is almost up, fine with me. They seem to want to move people out as fast as possible so they can get more in that can do the Jackson-Sullivan program. They somehow/someway make money with it. They seem to have no other information or any other help.

Many of the shelters, so I have heard, is tied into this program. This program is 25 years old. They have yet to change there format. They say they have a 93% success. But with so many that I have meet that got thrown out of the program (somehow they don't count that group in their numbers) for not getting a job in so much time or finding one outside the way they are supposed to, how can those numbers be right.

Nastier still, if you do get a job the wrong way you get thrown out of the shelter and many have lost it due to that.

Telemarketing for a job may work in some cases, however, it is more time consuming and longer to get results in this day and age. And to be able to only put in 3 applications, if you can talk with the boss themselves and have them say yes we are hiring, a day is a block, not a help.

And going to a fast food place in a full suit can have a turn off to the employer. Many of these people are trying for that kind of work and.. well... being overdress is as bad, in many ways as underdressed.

My Last night is Monday. I have yet to get a hold of any of the other shelters. But that is fine. I am a tough old girl.

I did see he Doc today over my PTSD. They see no need to change my meds. They say I an coping better than they would expect.

I am still in hopes to hear from that place where I can stay there if I work 3 days a week for them. Fingers Crossed!

Keep hoping that one of the on line applications would trigger something.

Also my ex SO is in the VA hospital. Hearing this hurts, hurts a lot. I still have feelings for the jerk. He is up there all alone and... well.. it hurts. Oh what pain the heart can cause!

Well that is it for now!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023739635

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Amber - 09/27
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
I think nadin must have helped her edit that post.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »
I think nadin must have helped her edit that post.

Ironically, this post of hers is yet more proof that something is seriously wrong - she seems lucid and literate here, whereas other posts have spelling and grammar errors out the yang. I'm starting to think that Amber may have herself a little drug problem.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »
She is not doing anything but following his every move.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
She is not doing anything but following his every move.

And probably having a little hillbilly heroin now and then.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »
Ironically, this post of hers is yet more proof that something is seriously wrong - she seems lucid and literate here, whereas other posts have spelling and grammar errors out the yang. I'm starting to think that Amber may have herself a little drug problem.
Anyone who can understand what she was trying to say is a better man than I.

Offline DUKOTA

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »

THIS ONE has spelling and grammar out the yang.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
I went and got extra mustard before I read that

Offline Gern

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
Help me out here...

She's staying at a shelter, but posting on the Internet?  Shelters have WiFi now?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »
Another "feel sorry for me" post. Boy! Am I surprised! I thought perhaps she would have pulled up her garter belt and actually went out and made money.

Telemarketing? Are ya ****in' kiddin' me?

She can't even get a minimum wage telemarketing job? Those people would hire Dracula! Maybe ya ought to shower before lookin' to get hired. Just a suggestion.

A suit? If a woman or a man wore a suit onto one of my jobsites lookin' for job,.................... Show up lookin' like you can perform the job your tryin' to get. Not like a ****in' attorney! How difficult is that to understand?

Help me out here...

She's staying at a shelter, but posting on the Internet?  Shelters have WiFi now?

Oh you can bet she still has her Apple tablet!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
Why is Dave "all alone" in the VA hospital? Whatever happened to the one that looks just like Amber?

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »
Why is Dave "all alone" in the VA hospital? Whatever happened to the one that looks just like Amber?
I'll bet Chad has been there to pick up the keys to his government apartment.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »
Considering the grammar/spelling errors one sees in this, and her other posts, one might think her communications degree is from the 'gNads School for Journos'.
This too shall pass.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »
Considering the grammar/spelling errors one sees in this, and her other posts, one might think her communications degree is from the 'goNads School for Journos'.

Fixered that fer ya dane.

Offline Dori

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
Help me out here...

No, they're not allowed to use electronics at the "Sally".  (Salvation Army shelter.)  She goes to the library across the street or some coffee shop with WiFi.

I'll bet Chad has been there to pick up the keys to his government apartment.

Does he still have it?  I thought he lost it.  Chad was in the hospital when she got there.  He was involved in some drug deal gone bad.  Probably the jail hospital.

Good question.  Maybe she was just a one nighter or dropped Dave for someone else a little younger and less sick.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »
No, they're not allowed to use electronics at the "Sally".  (Salvation Army shelter.)  She goes to the library across the street or some coffee shop with WiFi.

Does he still have it?  I thought he lost it.  Chad was in the hospital when she got there.  He was involved in some drug deal gone bad.  Probably the jail hospital.

Good question.  Maybe she was just a one nighter or dropped Dave for someone else a little younger and less sick.

Where ya gettin' this drug deal gone bad info? First I've heard of it.

If that's the case may he reap what he sowed!

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
If not for the sleuthing her It would be easy for me to think this is one helluva good mole. Very close to a LTTE mole I use on the local paper.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 04:51:43 PM »
So I'm looking at her Facebook page and it says she "studied" at such and such a place but doesn't say she actually graduated.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
Where ya gettin' this drug deal gone bad info? First I've heard of it.

If that's the case may he reap what he sowed!

It was in one of her posts when she first got there.  I think it's on one of these threads....

But, on what I call an up note, I talked with some boys in Blue today! They informed me that "that man", the one that got between me and my man is in the Hospital. He promised something to a big drug guy apparently, and did not deliver. Ohhhhh, that Karma! never know how it will come around!!!! 

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,90984.msg1134272.html#msg1134272
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »
It was in one of her posts when she first got there.  I think it's on one of these threads....

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,90984.msg1134272.html#msg1134272

Yer one up on me if you can make any sense outa that. ^5r!

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 05:25:09 PM »

She's cold in the gutter where Amber dumped her - Dave, however, survived and is now being nursed back to health.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »

That was a figment of Amber's overworked imagination, the woman who "resembles" her.

It's something she wants to believe.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »

Good question.  Maybe she was just a one nighter or dropped Dave for someone else a little younger and less sick.

Poor ol' Dave ain't the healthiest specimen I've ever seen.

Looks like he already has one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel.   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »

Is Amber keeping a 24/7 watch on Dave to know for sure he is all alone and the woman who looks like her hasn't been there with Dave?
Maybe the woman who looked like Amber was just a friend and nothing more.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.