Author Topic: DUmmy LocoNuts Checks In  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Dori

Re: DUmmy LocoNuts Checks In
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »
Oh good Lord... :thatsright:

Did they happen to mention where that occurs?  I have never see anyone drag their parents to a job interview.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323864604579066964214209866.html?KEYWORDS=millennial

Not sure if they were talking about this ^ article or not.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 02:56:49 PM »
Canaduh. 

I figured it was California.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 04:07:36 PM »
Oh good Lord... :thatsright:

Did they happen to mention where that occurs?  I have never see anyone drag their parents to a job interview.

I had a guy show up for an interview with his wife.  The position was for Sr Electronics Engineer. 

No he did not get the job.  :rofl:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
I had a guy show up for an interview with his wife.  The position was for Sr Electronics Engineer. 

No he did not get the job.  :rofl:

She wasn't hot, eh? :???: :tongue: :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »
Grandma may have been a Teacher or Liberian for 40 years but the things she made, rugs, quilts, afghans become precious to us

What do you have against Liberians, vesta?

Attention, Liberia: vesta hates you.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
An update to an old LocoNuts thread.
DUmmy LocoNuts Checks In

« on: September 11, 2013, 09:04:08 pm »

Shockingly, his trouble-free days of dorm hi-jinks seem to be coming to an end:

Sun Sep 15, 2013, 06:11 PM
Locut0s (4,138 posts)

71. I think i have to quit...
I'm becoming self destructive. Drinking, taking pills in response to the anxiety.
Don't quit, LocoNuts! That's all part of the fun of college life!

Response to Locut0s (Reply #71)
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 11:53 AM
elleng (42,295 posts)

73. Darn, hate to hear this but
IMO you must see a psychiatrist, often, as I've suggested before, every day, or 5 days/week or somesuch, because whatever they've been doing for you clearly isn't working. And/or find a different doc?

Response to Locut0s (Reply #71)
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 04:37 PM
Tobin S. (5,902 posts)

74. Well, for ****'s sake, don't kill yourself.
Don't listen to DUmmy Tobin S.!
He spends all his time in the DUmp boobyhatch. He's as crazy as you, Loconuts.

Response to Locut0s (Original post)
Tue Sep 17, 2013, 08:57 PM
steve2470 (16,414 posts)

75. status update please, if you don't mind ? PM me otherwise please
Yeah, LocoNuts, you can get a lot of good advice from stevenumbers.
You guys can trade notes on all the tail you're scoring.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »
Sun Sep 15, 2013, 06:11 PM
Locut0s (4,138 posts)

71. I think i have to quit...
I'm becoming self destructive. Drinking, taking pills in response to the anxiety.
It's nice to see so many primitives jockeying for a position in the Top DUmmies this year! 

Three months ago, I was worried I'd have to spend an unreasonable amount of time reflecting on which DUmmies to nominate.  It turns out that this year is shaping up to be a cakewalk. 

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 11:05:34 PM »
Lady Freedom Returns (6,000 posts) Fri Sep 13, 2013, 02:06 AM
44. Hang in there!

I have been there done that, so I can relate.

You said you have a therapist meet soon, right? Make sure to tell him EVERYTHING!

Jus talking one on one can work in ways meds can't.

Has the LocoNuts primitive ever considered living the homeless life in Tucson? 

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 04:37:14 AM »

Has the LocoNuts primitive ever considered living the homeless life in Tucson? 

Hey, that's a great idea! He and Amber can share a tarp under the overpass.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 06:41:01 AM »
As was predicted, Loconuts' college career has come to an end, again.  While he was hiding, his poor parents checked him out.
Locut0s (4,140 posts)

76. Update: almost went to hospital, may still...
I'm sorry to worry everyone. Everyone here has been more supportive of me than I deserve or have any right to accept and I thank you for it!!!! I've dropped out, these last few days have been nervous breakdown hell I didn't attempt suicide but I was self harming, drinking till I blacked out and bin eating / purging, I've done some shameful stuff, nothing really bad just embarrassing, and my parents have had to do the leg work to get me out of the school while I went crazy. I've had breakdowns before but not quite this bad. I'm back home now trying to calm down and piece myself together. Trying to decide if I should admit myself to a mental health facility or not. The only real advantage of that would be that they could monitor me closely while they tried to adjust / change my meds to something that might be better. I don't know. I'm exhausted. I think I'll sleep the next few days. I know there is more to life than college. Even if I can't hack that, but I can't help but feel my life is over. It will take a few days at east before I'm thinking straight.
Some animals in the wild eat their young at birth.  Here is an example of why that is not necessarily bad .
This too shall pass.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 06:54:49 AM »
As was predicted, Loconuts' college career has come to an end, again.  While he was hiding, his poor parents checked him out.Some animals in the wild eat their young at birth.  Here is an example of why that is not necessarily bad .

Mama tried, but she spit him out.

Then again, he was 35 years old at the time.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 07:16:51 AM »
How long was the DUchebag away from his mama's breast,  before he ended up hiding in a closet with his woobie?

2 weeks? 3?

That DUmbass needs a safety harness to go to the bathroom.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »
This guy is a walking argument for insane asylums. He can not take care of himself and is a total mess. His parent should start the process to have him declared incompetent and have him admitted to a Healthcare facility likely long term.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 08:09:40 AM »
Will Loconuts now go through DU archives and self-delete all those posts about adapting to dorm life, taking multiple classes, etc?

Leaving them will be a lingering testamony to his failure, well, 'current' failure.

If only he could get together with Lady Freedumb - can you imagine the great stories that could be generated by that union!
This too shall pass.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »
This guy is a walking argument for insane asylums. He can not take care of himself and is a total mess. His parent should start the process to have him declared incompetent and have him admitted to a Healthcare facility likely long term.

Where, under Obamacare, he'll be issued pain pills to go with his breakfasts.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »
He's Canadian. He'll die before he makes it through the waiting list.

Offline Dori

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
Do DUmmies have to pass a "failure to launch" test before they can join?   :popcorn:
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »

Odd how the guy has the time, calm, composure, and perseverance to write tomes on an internet message board, but shits himself when someone - horrors- gives him homework.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 12:41:05 PM »

Odd how the guy has the time, calm, composure, and perseverance to write tomes on an internet message board, but shits himself when someone - horrors- gives him homework.

Especially considering that the vast majority of college homework, in my experience, is reading and writing, particularly for liberal arts majors. 

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
Well, DUmmy LocoNuts has hung it up yet again.

I really feel sorry for his parents, but I hope he keeps posting. He's one of the most entertaining DUmmies around these days.

Response to Locut0s (Original post)
Wed Sep 18, 2013, 03:10 AM
Locut0s (4,140 posts)

76. Update: almost went to hospital, may still...
I'm sorry to worry everyone. Everyone here has been more supportive of me than I deserve or have any right to accept and I thank you for it!!!! I've dropped out, these last few days have been nervous breakdown hell I didn't attempt suicide but I was self harming, drinking till I blacked out and bin eating / purging, I've done some shameful stuff, nothing really bad just embarrassing, and my parents have had to do the leg work to get me out of the school while I went crazy. I've had breakdowns before but not quite this bad. I'm back home now trying to calm down and piece myself together. Trying to decide if I should admit myself to a mental health facility or not. The only real advantage of that would be that they could monitor me closely while they tried to adjust / change my meds to something that might be better. I don't know. I'm exhausted. I think I'll sleep the next few days. I know there is more to life than college. Even if I can't hack that, but I can't help but feel my life is over. It will take a few days at east before I'm thinking straight.

You won't be missed, LocoNuts, the guys at the dorm will find another ID to use at the liquor store.

He should get together with Dennis the Menace, UGP, and DUmpangelnumbers.

They could have some epic double dates.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
Especially considering that the vast majority of college homework, in my experience, is reading and writing, particularly for liberal arts majors. 

I guess this is just another case of the world being too harsh and cruel for the tenderest of souls, who are perfectly fine as long as (a) they get to sit and write about themselves all day, and (b) they can always blame someone else for their problems or at least make someone else responsible for cleaning up their messes. I'd have sympathy if LocoNuts could brealy string a sentence together, but that isn't the case.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Dori

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »
I'd have sympathy if LocoNuts could brealy string a sentence together, but that isn't the case.

Not sure that's an indicator of the deranged.  Some of the subway cat's posts are very well written and she was hauled off in cuffs to the hospital.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »
Not sure that's an indicator of the deranged.  Some of the subway cat's posts are very well written and she was hauled off in cuffs to the hospital.

That's sort of my point. They are strikingly lucid and literate when they sit to write about themselves, aren't they?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Dori

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2013, 01:21:09 PM »

That's sort of my point. They are strikingly lucid and literate when they sit to write about themselves, aren't they?

Maybe that is the measure of how crazy they are, when they seem so honest and forthcoming with their lunacy. 

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
I can't read her crazy rants, jammed together with no spaces. They give me a headache.