Author Topic: DUmmy LocoNuts Checks In  (Read 6579 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy LocoNuts Checks In
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »
It sounds like DUmmy LocoNuts should see if he can hitch a ride next time Dennis the Menace makes a run down to the Suicide Pier:
Wed Sep 11, 2013, 09:42 PM
Locut0s (4,108 posts)

Sorry for worrying everyone with my recent cryptic posts. Having major issues...
I've been having little breakdowns over these past few days. I've had major ones and minor ones in the past, these are pretty major though I have felt slightly worse. As many know I have a LONG history of anxiety, depression and the like.

The progress I made over the summer was significant so I thought perhaps I had most of my issues beat but I neglected to realize that I'd really never even touched my real issues, the perfectionism, self hate, and the like. Moving into the dorms here was really rather uneventful for me which was good as I was worried I'd have difficulties with the socializing aspects etc, this shows I'm better there than I thought. BUT I also thought that it would help solve my anxieties surrounding school which it did nothing for at all really.

As the days have gone by I've found myself getting more and more overwhelmed. Assignments cause me to panic. Blah, blah, blah.......

I was bad enough that last couple of days I would hide in the washrooms between class and cry uncontrollably due to the stress. Blah, blah, blah.....

But of course this shouldn't make me freak out as much as I do, the bigger reason for that is my life long habit of absolute perfectionism and taking everything on mentally all at once instead of working on things one step at a time (something I've never managed to learn to do). Logically it makes no sense to be stressed out to the point of tears and semi suicidal thoughts (not something I'd act on) but there you have it that's how my brain works. Blah, blah, whine and blah......

Today I saw my program head and managed to get my course load reduced by 2 courses this term. That MAY help a bit but I'm far from optimistic about it. One thing this university emphasizes above all else is SHIT loads of work, they cram 3-4 years of work at other institutions into 2 years here.....

But it's not really the place for someone like me, but now that I'm a year in it's difficult to switch, credits here don't transfer easily

Yet I don't exactly feel s trong enough to get through this crisis either. I'm exhausted by the effort of just trying to hold myself together.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018478216

Whoa!!

credits here don't transfer easily

My scam detector just pegged out.

Go to the link if you're suffering with insomnia. I edited out about 95% of DUmmy LocoNuts's novella.

What is it about nuts? It's the same with Dennis the Menace - a thousand words where a hundred would do the job nicely.

Offline Gern

Re: DUmmy LocoNuts Checks In
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
I have a LONG history of anxiety, depression and the like.

Hmm....Sad that I'm positive you are either already on SSI or will file soon.

Predictable.  No worries--you'll fit right in at the DUmp.  Most of those miscreants are on SSI anyway.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:20:26 PM »
Wed Sep 11, 2013, 09:42 PM
Locut0s (4,108 posts)

Sorry for worrying everyone with my recent cryptic posts. Having major issues...
I've been having little breakdowns over these past few days. I've had major ones and minor ones in the past, these are pretty major though I have felt slightly worse. As many know I have a LONG history of anxiety, depression and the like.

The progress I made over the summer was significant so I thought perhaps I had most of my issues beat but I neglected to realize that I'd really never even touched my real issues, the perfectionism, self hate, and the like. Moving into the dorms here was really rather uneventful for me which was good as I was worried I'd have difficulties with the socializing aspects etc, this shows I'm better there than I thought. BUT I also thought that it would help solve my anxieties surrounding school which it did nothing for at all really.

As the days have gone by I've found myself getting more and more overwhelmed. Assignments cause me to panic. Blah, blah, blah.......

I was bad enough that last couple of days I would hide in the washrooms between class and cry uncontrollably due to the stress. Blah, blah, blah.....

But of course this shouldn't make me freak out as much as I do, the bigger reason for that is my life long habit of absolute perfectionism and taking everything on mentally all at once instead of working on things one step at a time (something I've never managed to learn to do). Logically it makes no sense to be stressed out to the point of tears and semi suicidal thoughts (not something I'd act on) but there you have it that's how my brain works. Blah, blah, whine and blah......

Today I saw my program head and managed to get my course load reduced by 2 courses this term. That MAY help a bit but I'm far from optimistic about it. One thing this university emphasizes above all else is SHIT loads of work, they cram 3-4 years of work at other institutions into 2 years here.....

But it's not really the place for someone like me, but now that I'm a year in it's difficult to switch, credits here don't transfer easily

Yet I don't exactly feel s trong enough to get through this crisis either. I'm exhausted by the effort of just trying to hold myself together.

Attention: Will R. Lee Ermy, the shrink, pick up the red courtesy phone please.  Will R. Lee Ermy, the shrink, pick up the red courtesy phone please.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:21:23 PM »
I didn't know the character of Leonard Lawrence was based off of a real person.

Inside the LocoNuts dorm room:

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
Attention: Will R. Lee Ermy, the shrink, pick up the red courtesy phone please.  Will R. Lee Ermy, the shrink, pick up the red courtesy phone please.

Aww hell Perky, we're both thinking on the same wavelength tonight.  :rotf: :cheersmate:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »
Locut0s (4,108 posts)

...I was bad enough that last couple of days I would hide in the washrooms between class and cry uncontrollably due to the stress. Blah, blah, blah.....

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »
Aww hell Perky, we're both thinking on the same wavelength tonight.  :rotf: :cheersmate:

LOL!!!! I was actually thinking about the Geico insurance commercial where the guy said: "Does a drill instructor make a good therapist". Had Ermy in it.

What you posted made me laugh though BH!!!!  H5 my friend!!!!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
Today I saw my program head and managed to get my course load reduced by 2 courses this term.

I'm guessing gym class was one of them:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZnEPRYyUU[/youtube]

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »
Work laptop PC don't have sound so I don't know if this is good:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmVBmDKLZI[/youtube]

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »
I'm guessing gym class was one of them:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZnEPRYyUU[/youtube]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You are killing me BH!!!!  Damn wish the sound card in this thing worked. I had forgotten the scenes from that movie.

Future H5!   :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
Locut0s (4,108 posts)

...I was bad enough that last couple of days I would hide in the washrooms between class and cry uncontrollably due to the stress.
I don't think I'd said that.

This is what happens when you avoid manual labor your whole life.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »
He blames his parents but, truth be told, it is all on his shoulders.  Boy can't hang and, he will be back in the basement before the end of the month.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 10:29:54 PM »
Quote from:
Locut0s

Logically it makes no sense to be stressed out to the point of tears and semi suicidal thoughts (not something I'd act on)...

It seems liberals, at least on a subconscious level, know what they need to do, but for whatever stupid reason they won't follow through. This lack of full commitment by the left is placing an undue burden upon decent and civilized people, and for this these cretins deserve our scorn.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 04:24:33 AM »
It seems liberals, at least on a subconscious level, know what they need to do, but for whatever stupid reason they won't follow through. This lack of full commitment by the left is placing an undue burden upon decent and civilized people, and for this these cretins deserve our scorn.

It's because they are above physical labor.  Let someone else do the heavy lifting.  Don't want to break a nail, now, do they? ::) :gay2: :gay:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 06:19:28 AM »

This is what happens when you avoid life your whole life.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Gern

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:28 AM »
It seems liberals, at least on a subconscious level, know what they need to do, but for whatever stupid reason they won't follow through.

Cowardice--its endemic to their nature.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 06:40:36 AM »
I didn't know the character of Leonard Lawrence was based off of a real person.

Inside the LocoNuts dorm room:

:hi5:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 06:44:30 AM »
Locut0s (4,108 posts)

...I was bad enough that last couple of days I would hide in the washrooms between class and cry uncontrollably due to the stress.

Unbelievable. 

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 07:28:32 AM »

I agree Chris, people do seem to be more settled when they accomplish something physical then mental.  

Seen some big burn outs from those that soon find the strain of sitting about just day to day doing the same thing, no challenge really.

Kids , come home and all proud show the family they got a A in a subject, well they are expected to aren't they ?   Same kids come home with a totally unexpected achievement, look Mom I made you a book shelf in shop.   This can become a parents most valuable gift and displayed for life in a spot of honor .

Grandma may have been a Teacher or Liberian for 40 years but the things she made, rugs, quilts, afghans become precious to us.

Carpenters with the love of wood and knowledge of it, Stone masons and carvers that  create things that will last a thousand years, Street artists and jewelry makers, all must be trained in their field not just like they as kids had any idea how to do this  and now must learn from a master or parent.

Old days our most famous teachers, doctors and scientists came from wealthy family's and could devote their life to learning in their field.  Today many with a degree in one thing get burned out and keep changing majors as there is just something missing in their lives.

Professional students we call them, 50 years old and never worked a day of labor in their life.

Few are equipped to become rocket scientists and the best that are passed over for some real nudnicks due to the racial quotas and what not.   Affirmative action is a joke.

I am a big supporter of the trade schools, some schools are bringing back shop class's of all kinds. Today both sexes are welcome and a good tailor in sewing class gets paid good money.

I see no need for a 4 year college to teach Geology to a student interested in  film art, no reason for political science or woman's studies for a student that majors in recreational arts.  

If one wishes to become a Lawyer, then study law, forget wasting time on unrelated subjects.   If one wishes to become a Carpenter head out into the north woods and learn as much as one can about timber, probably be more fun then being a Lawyer any way.  

Get them the students out of the class room and have hands on training to something they can show to the world and be proud of.    

Work should be a love affair not a burden.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »
This Cat is seriously CooCoo for CoCoPuffs.  Maybe he needs to link up with Lady Freedom.    :mental:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 01:52:20 PM »
This Cat is seriously CooCoo for CoCoPuffs.  Maybe he needs to link up with Lady Freedom.

Nah, he's a Canadian Dennis the Menace.

They both spend much of their workdays crying in the men's room.

I'm sure Vancouver has a Suicide Pier like the one Dennis uses in Detroit.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
This man's parents did him no favors.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jukin

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
The resources that are wasted on this useless thing is just depressing to think about.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Dori

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
This man's parents did him no favors.

This morning on F&F, they were talking about people as old as 30, were taking their parents on their job interviews.   :whatever:
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
This morning on F&F, they were talking about people as old as 30, were taking their parents on their job interviews.   :whatever:
Oh good Lord... :thatsright:

Did they happen to mention where that occurs?  I have never see anyone drag their parents to a job interview.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.