Author Topic: NNN0LHI (Don) Has Passed Away  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: NNN0LHI (Don) Has Passed Away
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »
Why you are a member of CC.

To make fun of dummies.   Why you a member of CC, Tuck?   :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
Good riddance to bad trash.

Yeah, I.....just find it very difficult to muster any sympathy for one of the fellow travelers of the cohort of kook that has gotten us to where we are.  They are the useful idiots of evil, under the guise of peace and love and their own selfish quest for government freebies.

To wit:

Quote from: franksolich on Today at 05:26:01 pm
He had this undying devotion to, and worship of, the smash-mouth politics of the Chicago Democrat machine.

Tyranny and corruption bothered him not at all, as long as it was from the Chicago Democrat machine.

He thought he had it all figured out; if he took care of the Machine, the Machine would take care of him.

The last few years, it was obvious the Machine wasn't the least bit interested in taking care of him in his old age, what with their ever-increasing higher and higher taxes to pay for corruption, but I dunno if he lived long enough to see that.

I am from Chicago, originally.  I hate those $^#(%@2*^^#% (eLeBinTy!!!11) with the heat of a thousand supernovas.  Was this the guy bitching about his property taxes a bit ago?  I seem to remember it was a related bitch to health issues, or something.  Maybe not.

Don will still be voting for the next 50 years, minimum. They aren't through with him yet.
:-)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:30:22 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 09:30:47 PM »
Anybody know what the letters in "NNN0LHI" stood for? Would have been nice if the daughter had at least revealed that.

Your question answered by DUmmy DUmoTex, one of the DUmp's foremost phony soldiers:

Response to NNN0LHI (Original post)
Mon Sep 2, 2013, 10:05 PM
DemoTex (22,058 posts)

223. Don was a 2001 DU original and a very good friend of mine.
NNN0LHI was Don's M.A.R.S. (Military Amateur Radio Service) call-sign. He was a gentleman and a prince of a man. We talked by phone back in the early days of DU and we even tried a cross-band HF link up a time or two. Don will be missed, indeed, but his service to his fellow military service members and to DU will last in our memory.
His service as a hateful, irrational lunatic will be missed for sure.
He was the type of person who made the DUmp what it is.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
but his service to his fellow military service members

I don't believe that for a second.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
Your question answered by DUmmy DUmoTex, one of the DUmp's foremost phony soldiers:
His service as a hateful, irrational lunatic will be missed for sure.

You can be a stinkbug at times,
This is for you...  :cheersmate:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 09:36:59 PM »

That's why he was a great primitive.

But unlike the late Chief S itting Bull, not a "greatest."

Someday, there's going to be a Mount Rushmore of the Greatest Primitives, Ever, possibly sculpted in Vermont somewhere.

But alas at the moment, there's only one primitive worthy of the honor, Chief S itting Bull's ugly mug where George Washington's face is on the real Mount Rushmore.

There's still three blank spaces, and I wish they'd be filled.

Of course, to be honored on the primitive Mount Rushmore, it has to be posthumous.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
Response to NNN0LHI (Original post)
Mon Sep 2, 2013, 10:05 PM
DemoTex (22,058 posts)

223. Don was a 2001 DU original and a very good friend of mine.
NNN0LHI was Don's M.A.R.S. (Military Amateur Radio Service) call-sign. He was a gentleman and a prince of a man. We talked by phone back in the early days of DU and we even tried a cross-band HF link up a time or two. Don will be missed, indeed, but his service to his fellow military service members and to DU will last in our memory.

Never heard of that so I looked it up. Seems they are hams.

My great uncle was a ham and so was Dad. Back in the day before cell phones and such you had to know morse code to get a license, had to take a test, the whole nine yards. Uncle and Dad actually programmed a VIC 20 to decipher/send "code" as they called it. Uncle had it hooked up to his radios.  He was the highest you could go. Back in the 80's, he had a 2 meter band in his car that had a dial pad on the back of the hand held mike. If you knew the codes of the repeaters, you could make a transmission/call from anywhere in the US and it would get back to where you were making the call to.  Uncle had a setup where he could do a phone patch where the radio would patch into the phone once he dialed the number.

Neat daggone stuff back then. Dad and Uncle could listen to code and translate while holding a conversation. I tried it. Never could get it. Couldn't pass the morse code test. I understood the tech part... but the morse code always got me for some reason.

HAMS

Explanation of MARS:

MARS
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »
That's why he was a great primitive.

But unlike the late Chief S itting Bull, not a "greatest."

Someday, there's going to be a Mount Rushmore of the Greatest Primitives, Ever, possibly sculpted in Vermont somewhere.

But alas at the moment, there's only one primitive worthy of the honor, Chief S itting Bull's ugly mug where George Washington's face is on the real Mount Rushmore.

Of course, to be honored on the primitive Mount Rushmore, it has to be posthumous.

One of them will be half bald.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 04:42:08 AM »
Prayers for his friends and family. May God comfort them all during this time.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 04:49:53 AM »
I've got to agree with the prevaling sentiment here--Rest In Peace, primitive.  May God have Mercy on your Eternal Soul.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 07:02:27 AM »
Never heard of that so I looked it up. Seems they are hams.

My great uncle was a ham and so was Dad. Back in the day before cell phones and such you had to know morse code to get a license, had to take a test, the whole nine yards. Uncle and Dad actually programmed a VIC 20 to decipher/send "code" as they called it. Uncle had it hooked up to his radios.  He was the highest you could go. Back in the 80's, he had a 2 meter band in his car that had a dial pad on the back of the hand held mike. If you knew the codes of the repeaters, you could make a transmission/call from anywhere in the US and it would get back to where you were making the call to.  Uncle had a setup where he could do a phone patch where the radio would patch into the phone once he dialed the number.

Neat daggone stuff back then. Dad and Uncle could listen to code and translate while holding a conversation. I tried it. Never could get it. Couldn't pass the morse code test. I understood the tech part... but the morse code always got me for some reason.

HAMS

Explanation of MARS:

MARS

I've been a HAM operator for twenty years and hold an Extra License.  The good news for you, the Morse exams are no longer required for any level of license.  Personally, I love Morse (CW) and use it almost exclusively.  But that's not every person's cup of tea.  If you still want to be a HAM operator, now might be a good time to get into it.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »
I'm sorry for his families loss.  Whatever he might have been to other people...I would assume he was good to his family.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Karin

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 07:18:02 AM »
At least he found the only way to escape the Democrat Party Machine's sky-high property taxes.  RIP, old Don. 

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 07:32:51 AM »
My condolences go out to his family and loved ones. No matter how he was in life, someone today is mourning his loss and has an empty spot in their hearts now.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 07:51:14 AM »
Wow and I though it was going to be a hot here in assachusetts today. Oh well at least I can stop at DD for an iced coffee.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »
Dumbasses are the enemy of America and my enemies as well. DUmbasses do not weep when one of ours pass. In fact they celebrate every time it happens. Therefore when any DUmbass shuffle off this mortal coil and make their way to purgatory, I will raise a glass to their eternal suffering in the afterlife. It's what they deserve for living such an evil life.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 08:31:09 AM »
Prayers for his family, and my sympathies.  As said previously, I lost my father to lung cancer and it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
Anyone who mourns his passing didn't know him.

I've remained silent.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »

Any condolences I could offer to Don's family are offset by the facts that (a) his internet persona was nasty, (b) the ne plus ultra of all employment to him was working as a union monkey in an auto plant, and (c) his death will in no way decrease (and in fact will probably increase) Dem voter rolls in whatever Machine-haven he lived in.

So my usual comment applies: **** you, Don, I'm glad you're dead, but I acknowledge that others may mourn you.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 10:19:13 AM »

He'll have to settle for Vermont or some even lesser place. Thankfully, because of geologic faults, no more faces can be added to Mt. Rushmore.

Meanwhile, dust to dust and ashes to ashes as us atheists would probably say.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »
In this mortal world there are people that grieve his passing so condolences to them.
On the other side of eternity I suspect Don has discovered he chose poorly while he had the chance.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »
Any condolences I could offer to Don's family are offset by the facts that (a) his internet persona was nasty, (b) the ne plus ultra of all employment to him was working as a union monkey in an auto plant, and (c) his death will in no way decrease (and in fact will probably increase) Dem voter rolls in whatever Machine-haven he lived in.

So my usual comment applies: **** you, Don, I'm glad you're dead, but I acknowledge that others may mourn you.

The problem here is that some might see a primitive as a person first, a primitive second.

That's all wrong; when looking at a primitive, one should remember he's a primitive first, and adjust their feelings about the primitive accordingly.

Remember, the primitives rejoice, orgiast, relish, in their primitivity; their hate, their squalor, their rage, their ignorance, their intolerance.  They love being primitives, and have no ambition to move up, into even the lowest ranks of humanity.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »
As a tribute to dead DUmmie Don, I offer to the lurking trash some of my replies to this "gentleman" and "prince of a man":

Sun Jul 29, 2012, 10:07 PM
NNN0LHI (66,457 posts)
8. All the Republicans I know would let their own children die from lack of health care

If doing that helped get the black fellow out of the White House.

Yes, this is true.

Don

Tell me, retired union slug, just how many "Republicans" do you really know in whatever podunk, shit Illinoid burg you happen to live in?  How many, Don?

And the stupid notion of them denying their children healthcare to make a political statement?

Pull the other leg, you lying cretin, it plays "Jingle Bells"...
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,75901.msg917957.html#msg917957

Sun Apr 1, 2012, 05:58 PM

Star Member NNN0LHI (64,770 posts)

View profile

What would you consider a "living wage", in the current economy?
Now when you think about this consider it for someone living on one paycheck with a spouse and a couple of children to support off that one living wage. And remember kids eat non-stop. I watched my two grandsons eat $5 dollars worth of grapes before I could blink.

I would say at minimum it should be $25 dollars an hour with a medical insurance package included.

What do you think?

Don

Here's an idea, one that I'm very sure you won't like:  Don't add to your financial load before you can upgrade your financial source.

Simple, huh?
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,71261.msg839411.html#msg839411

NNN0LHI (64,769 posts)

This kid is old and healthy enough to be loading hoods at an auto plant. That is what he would have been doing 30 years ago. Hard work. But good money and benefits. Now I see this kid waitering making shit money and ask myself is this who we are going to be depending on to fund social security, medicare for the old folks and pay our government employees and their retirement benefits in a few years?

Then it hit me. This just isn't going to work. No matter how bad we want it to work, it just isn't going to work.

Now multiply what this kid is doing times millions more kids just like him all across America.

See what is about to happen?

Don

A bit behind the friggin' power curve aren't you, DUmmie?  Doesn't it worry you just a little bit how the scientifically proven stupid Conservatives could see this coming about, oh, 30 years ago?  Doesn't it bother you that your party has been busy killing off the jobs that make a large tax base for so many years and you're just now realizing it?

Glad to see you're catching up, DUmbass.  Reality eventually hits everyone, some are just a lot slower than others.  Sucks to be the DUmmie that helped create a world in which they can no longer afford to live, huh, Don?
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,71231.msg839589.html#msg839589

These walks down memory lane can be so poignantly sweet, to be made even more wistful by the knowledge my questions will now never get answers....

*sigh*

Let us all never forget, or allow to be forgotten, the legacy of DUmp democrat Don:

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
The problem here is that some might see a primitive as a person first, a primitive second.

That's all wrong; when looking at a primitive, one should remember he's a primitive first, and adjust their feelings about the primitive accordingly.

Remember, the primitives rejoice, orgiast, relish, in their primitivity; their hate, their squalor, their rage, their ignorance, their intolerance.  They love being primitives, and have no ambition to move up, into even the lowest ranks of humanity.

Since they come to us as DUmmies first, and people second, I agree. What little we learn about their personal lives tends to imply that they generally live in angry, squalid, depressed, defeated, entitled, and otherwise desperate circumstances, yet they hold themselves up as qualified to tell the rest of the world how to live. I defy anyone to show me a DUmmy who, by way of their posts, tends to humanize themselves and/or display tolerance for anyone with one thin dime more than they have. Those characteristics define minimum criteria for me to evince the slightest bit of sorrow for their passing. As for empathy for the loved ones, yes, I can feel empathy at one's sense of loss without having the slightest regard for what they lost.

I am reminded of an anecdote regarding one of my children during her toilet training. After finally learning to drop a deuce in the toilet, once I saw a rueful, sad look on her face. When I asked why she looked so sad given her progress toward becoming a Big Girl, she intimated in the way that a 3-year-old does that she wondered if, by depositing her waste in the toilet, she was 'losing' something. This fear and regret is natural as a child learns to evacuate on the toilet, so I chuckled and assured her that she was indeed whole and had not lost a thing.

The purpose of the anecdote is now clear: The loved ones of departed DUmmies are like my sweet and guileless child. Departed DUmmies, like Don, are the turds. When necessary, we should reassure them that their sadness will pass, and the turds were not necessary.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.