Author Topic: Lady freedom is not just another pretty face  (Read 6275 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Re: Lady freedom is not just another pretty face
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 11:42:01 AM »
"a Newsroom Veteran"???    :rotf:

Hey DUmmie, you had Wynona Ryder's job in Reality Bites and you even managed to eff THAT up!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »
AMBER!?!? What kind of name is Amber?

It must be her shotgirl name.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
Guess that shot girl job didn't pan out. She does have a face for radio. :lmao:

Hey, I did radio all through college and a little after!  :rant:   :-)
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
Hey, I did radio all through college and a little after!  :rant:   :-)

She has a face for radio. You, on the other hand, have a face for television.    :-)
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »
A convenient store is the next generation of a convenience store. They are passe to any pearl clutchers anyway. The feature that represents the evolution of the more modern convenient store is the landscaping layout around the property includes extensive shrubbery and bushes suitable for lurking within.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
She has a face for radio. You, on the other hand, have a face for television.    :-)

I tended to do the Cindy Brady freeze any time a camera was pointed at me.  :lmao:  I preferred to be behind the camera or in the control room.

Piney Power!!

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 01:16:08 AM »
She managed to cash her first paycheck!  35 years old, she must be so proud.

Lady Freedom Returns (5,818 posts)                     Thu Aug 29, 2013, 02:31 PM

Got my first pay check from the job yesterday, cashed it today.
And boy was I jumped on!

$160 right off the top and they are trying to get me to give more!

I did pick up some things I do need. That way they can't charge me for them. The store price is way cheaper!

I sent for a PayPal MasterCard prepaid debit card. It is to be to me in 5-10 days.

I will close my DFS case here in MO via phone when I get to AZ so they will send me the paperwork that way I have proff of residentce again for other things.

Boy! This is a lot of HAPPY work! I AM GOING HOME!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 05:39:09 AM »
She managed to cash her first paycheck!  35 years old, she must be so proud.

Someone needs to alert her ex in Tuscon.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 06:29:32 AM »
Lady Freedom Returns (5,818 posts)                     Thu Aug 29, 2013, 02:31 PM

Got my first pay check from the job yesterday, cashed it today.
And boy was I jumped on!

$160 right off the top and they are trying to get me to give more!

I did pick up some things I do need. That way they can't charge me for them. The store price is way cheaper!

I sent for a PayPal MasterCard prepaid debit card. It is to be to me in 5-10 days.

I will close my DFS case here in MO via phone when I get to AZ so they will send me the paperwork that way I have proff of residentce again for other things.

Why would they be wanting more money out of her paycheck?
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 06:36:34 AM »

The taxpayers of Arizona are thrilled.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 07:11:02 AM »

Aw, horseshit.  You can go to WalMart and buy a Bluebird card for $3 right there.  Paypal.  Jeez.

And no, the dipshit didn't fork over half her check.  Not. Even. CLOSE.  Assuming she made $8/hr for a 40-hour week, and going to www.paycheckcity.com, do a little number crunching, and before medical/dental/etc., she'd be looking at taking home about $256.45 a week, for a witholding of $63.55/week.  Not $160. 

Broken down, she's looking at the following deductions:
Federal $33.07
SS $19.84
Medicare $4.64
MO state tax $6.00

Then consider at the end of the year she'll be getting all her federal back, plus about $4-5K on top of that thanks to EIC.  Yeah, real broke up about it, toots.

Just for the hell of it, I checked the figures using my information as a guide.  Dead on.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 07:16:49 AM »
Aw, horseshit.  You can go to WalMart and buy a Bluebird card for $3 right there.  Paypal.  Jeez.

And no, the dipshit didn't fork over half her check.  Not. Even. CLOSE.  Assuming she made $8/hr for a 40-hour week, and going to www.paycheckcity.com, do a little number crunching, and before medical/dental/etc., she'd be looking at taking home about $256.45 a week, for a witholding of $63.55/week.  Not $160. 

Federal $33.07
SS $19.84
Medicare $4.64
MO state tax $6.00

Then consider at the end of the year she'll be getting all her federal back, plus about $4-5K on top of that thanks to EIC.  Yeah, real broke up about it, toots.

Just for the hell of it, I checked the figures using my information as a guide.  Dead on.

I don't think the Joplin city bicycle is talking about tax withholding.

She previously said that her family wanted to put some kind of hold on her, because she owed them money. I think she's saying that she cashed her check, and her family expects her to pay back what she owes them, and to pay her fair share of rent, food, utilities, etc.

I also suspect that's the other reason she's trying to RUNNOFT to Arizona to live in a homeless shelter and draw welfare.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 07:20:15 AM »
What?  She's expected to PAY BILLS like the rest of us?  She's no longer allowed to be a freeloader?

Why, the NERVE of some people!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »

Federal $33.07
SS $19.84
Medicare $4.64
MO state tax $6.00

LFR, being a college grad, assumes that everyone knows what she's referring to. She thinks on a higher level than most.  I took it to mean her sister took the 160 bucks. But then, what do I know?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 07:26:27 AM »
I don't think the Joplin city bicycle is talking about tax withholding.

She previously said that her family wanted to put some kind of hold on her, because she owed them money. I think she's saying that she cashed her check, and her family expects her to pay back what she owes them, and to pay her fair share of rent, food, utilities, etc.

I also suspect that's the other reason she's trying to RUNNOFT to Arizona to live in a homeless shelter and draw welfare.

[youtube=425,350]/6x0Al5QkxDE[/youtube]

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 07:27:46 AM »
LFR, being a college grad, assumes that everyone knows what she's referring to. She thinks on a higher level than most.  I took it to mean her sister took the 160 bucks. But then, what do I know?

Okay, let's just assume for sake of discussion that she does a 40-hour week at $8/hr, and takes home that $256.45.  Now let's further assume that her family "asks" for $160/week to cover groceries, rent, utilities, etc.  That leaves her with $96.45/week to do with as she pleases.

That's more than I have when all the bills are paid, unless I've worked some OT the previous pay period.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 07:35:18 AM »
Okay, let's just assume for sake of discussion that she does a 40-hour week at $8/hr, and takes home that $256.45.  Now let's further assume that her family "asks" for $160/week to cover groceries, rent, utilities, etc.  That leaves her with $96.45/week to do with as she pleases.

That's more than I have when all the bills are paid, unless I've worked some OT the previous pay period.

That will fill up my 10 MPG truck. <---------------- for lurking DUmmies.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 07:51:35 AM »
I think the sisters quietly made the bus ticket purchase, and are trying to recoup their cost.
They'd be better off and money ahead just to forget about it.
Fold the cards, ladies.  Take the loss and consider it money well spent.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »
I think the sisters quietly made the bus ticket purchase, and are trying to recoup their cost.
They'd be better off and money ahead just to forget about it.
Fold the cards, ladies.  Take the loss and consider it money well spent.

I think the sisters are genuinely concerned for their sibling, and want her to do well, but they see she has not the tools or the skills; she's still very immature.

I think the sisters should take her paycheck and dole out what they think she needs, as she obviously has some wildly irrational notions about what she needs.

I think she'd be in good hands if her loving caring sisters micro-managed her life until she grows up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 11:18:26 AM »
Assuming she made $8/hr for a 40-hour week

Well, she may make $8 an hour. Among the tiny segment of democrats who work, that's an average wage.

But this assumption overlooks the the fact that the democrat messiah has introduced his people to the new 29-hours-per-week standard.

It'll be interesting to see if that loss of income among democrats causes a decline in the price of weed.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »

Well, she may make $8 an hour. Among the tiny segment of democrats who work, that's an average wage.

But this assumption overlooks the the fact that the democrat messiah has introduced his people to the new 29-hours-per-week standard.

It'll be interesting to see if that loss of income among democrats causes a decline in the price of weed.

8 dollars per hour plus what she can steal. That may or not be up to 70 dollars now.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2013, 04:30:47 PM »
8 dollars per hour plus what she can steal. That may or not be up to 70 dollars now.
Embezzle, borrow, loan, and pawn. All euphemisms for "steal", but I am hoping someone will appreciate my expounding.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 06:03:23 PM »
Embezzle, borrow, loan, and pawn. All euphemisms for "steal", but I am hoping someone will appreciate my expounding.

All of these terms are inherently racist. My sources tell me that euphemism may also be racist, so tread lightly there. Five more guaranteed words (possibly six) to add to your list of banned, racist terms from just one sentence is a pretty nice haul. Well done !

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »
Amber will probably get fired tomorrow, but she knows this:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018468504

making thread after thread on this  :mental:

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
All of these terms are inherently racist. My sources tell me that euphemism may also be racist, so tread lightly there. Five more guaranteed words (possibly six) to add to your list of banned, racist terms from just one sentence is a pretty nice haul. Well done !
I am looking for an assistant editor. It looks like you may have a real knack for this.