Author Topic: I doubt they will admit the obvious.  (Read 294 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I doubt they will admit the obvious.
« on: August 11, 2013, 05:15:57 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023443995

Sun Aug 11, 2013, 06:11 AM

HiPointDem (20,669 posts)

Et Tu, IRS? Tax Agency Also Using Secret Spy Data?

Following up on exclusive reporting from earlier this week about how the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency uses NSA surveillance data and tips from a secretive unit called the Special Operations Divisions (SOD) to initiate investigations, Reuters on Thursday reveals that the Internal Revenue Service was aware of and may have also used these "unconstitutional" tactics.

What's troubling in both cases, according to legal experts, is the manner in which the agencies hide the true source of an investigation's starting point—never revealing the use of the highly classified sources involved—and then "recreate" a parallel investigation to justify criminal findings.

Additionally troubling is that the IRS and the DEA are only two of the more than twenty federal agencies that work in tandem with the SOD, leading to speculation that the practice of utilizing than hiding surveillance techniques that have not been properly documented or approved could be far-reaching.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/08/08-0

New thread so no responses yet but If this was under Bush the screams for Impeachment would be deafening.

Btw DUmbasses,how do you like that the IRS will be the police force of Odumbocare?  :censored:

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: I doubt they will admit the obvious.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:54:10 AM »
If this is accurate........*shrugs shoulders*.....it would explain some of the political flip flops in Congress we have seen and just who has access to this stuff.

Shut down the IRS.  Disband it and institute a simple fair/flat tax.

Yes, under Bush their widdle foreheads would be popping veins.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 06:02:08 AM »
ProdigalJunkMail (10,415 posts)
2. it really does show what gov't is mostly about

control...

Well, duh.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
Quote from:
ProdigalJunkMail

it really does show what gov't is mostly about control...

That's liberalism! That's what you dolts have been wanting all along; that's your little Marxist paradise.
Don't start pretending like it's something foreign to you and nothing you wanted anything to do with. You, the political left of the Democrat party, have been pushing for this stuff en masse since at least the 60's. You can't advocate for this for 50 years and then turn around and say "But, this isn't what we wanted." Yes it is, In fact, you've directly asked for it and voted that way in order to bring it to fruition.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.