Author Topic: PhDDs goes unicorn-wrangling; ends poorly  (Read 1108 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
PhDDs goes unicorn-wrangling; ends poorly
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »
BainsBane (12,515 posts)

TX Police Officer Shot and Killed With Assault Rifle By Gun-Dealing Child Molester [View all]

blah-blah-blah

Nuclear Unicorn (7,359 posts)

47. So having failed so spectacularly in every other debate you now reach for

comparing 80 million people to a homicidal pedophile. This is simply unhinged.

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

64. Thanks to gun folk, I have learned an important lesson

That the right of indicted rapists to bear arms is more important than the right of children to be free from rape or sheriffs to remain alive. Evidently the Second Amendment now means that an indicted gun owners have all weapons necessary to kill and rape whenever he wants. Liberty required that sheriff to die, just as it required Zimmerman to kill Trayvon Martin. Freedom is measured in corpses, which is why America is the freest country in the industrialized West.

81. Rapists don't have a right to own guns. They have a right to be shot by one.

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

82. a poster above disagrees

83. You'll have to be more specific.

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

84. see

post 48

85. Nothing he said detracts from my statement people have a right to use deadly force against rapists.

Last edited Wed Jul 10, 2013, 11:57 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Nor does it distract from the fact you've made a sad attempt to equate all gun owners with cop-killing child molesters because you can't make a qualified argument to support your position.

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

86. Not even close

Last edited Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:02 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)

No where did I do that. I posted a news article you would like to see suppressed. That is entirely your problem.

The other poster's point directly contradicts yours. He argues quite strongly that the indicted rapist should be able to keep his guns. Oh, let me guess. You want the children to have guns too so they can defend themselves from rapists? That didn't work so well for the sheriff, did it? You can hardly argue he wasn't armed.

87. Then perhaps you would like to state plainly and unequivocably that

you in no way wish to infer that the actions of the suspect in the OP being a cop killer and child molester are indicative of the general behavior of the 80 million gun owners in the US. If that is not your point than saying as much would be easy -- right?

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

88. He used his gun to kill

Last edited Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:12 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Far too many gun owners do that, but then of course that is what guns are designed for. I see no particular correlation between gun owners and pedophiles or rapists, (other than a gun can come in handy in forcing someone to submit to rape), but nor do I see how owning a gun makes it any less likely a man is a pedophile or a rapist.

It takes an unusual mind to read a news story about one person and assume that is intended to apply to all of a particular group of people. Do you often have that problem?

89. Criminals will use whatever they can to further their objectives.

Guns allow their would-be victims to resist them on equal or superior terms. It is the criminal you should be dealing with, not those who would defend themselves. Over 70% of rapes are perpetrated by an unarmed attacker. Less than 5% of rapists employ a gun. That means a woman who chooses to arm herself has a 5% chance of being on equal terms with her attacker and a 95% of possessing superior force.

The diseased criminal in the OP does nothing to convince me that those women ought to be disarmed in some ridiculous charade that pretends the rapists of the world will mysteriously vanish once she has been disarmed.

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

90. I realize that guns are not necessary or even common in rape

They come in handy for killing, however. Criminals, or those with prior felonies, are not the only ones who kill. Toddlers have been fairly prolific of late, and even dogs have discharged guns. Then there are upstanding citizens like George Zimmerman and the other 500 plus CCW holders who have killed. I know of no evidence to suggest that most killers have prior felony convictions, but I welcome data that shows otherwise.

91. Is it seriously your contention that any thing that can be misused or abused

that may result in death of an innocent be banned from society?

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

92. Where did I say guns should be banned?

I challenged your argument that all homicides are committed by felons.

There is a difference between regulation and reasonable control and banning.

93. Definitionally, anyone committing a homicide is a felon.

Weird.

I'm somewhat skeptical of your use of the term "reasonable." I would think it would be reasonable to focus on factors that reduce a greater number of non-defensive killings (regardless of weapon used), not factors that account for the fewest number of non-defensive killings. I would also consider it reasonable to simultaneously protect the civil and natural rights of as many people as possible. I would consider it reasonable to eschew inconsequential, token political fights. And I would definitely consider it reasonable to only lay blame where blame is due: at the feet of those who commit actual malicious crimes.

BainsBane (12,515 posts)

94. Oh, so you're talking about after the fact of the killing

Not the oft repeated excuse that all gun owners are law abiding.

So what is your solution for the toddlers who kill? The death penalty?

95. I dream that some day that those who advocate "reasonable" gun control

will actually say something reasonable.

No. Not all gun owners are law-abiding but those who are law-abiding have every right to not be presumed guilty of some future wrongdoing. Why? Because not all gun owners are law-abiding and those who are law-abiding have every right to adequately protect themselves against criminals, armed or otherwise.

Death penalty for toddlers? Seriously? Grow-up. Then discuss things I have actually said. I will not be browbeaten into silence by raving hysterics who have to fabricate nonsense in order to salvage their own shrinking arguments.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023189684
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: PhDDs goes unicorn-wrangling; ends poorly
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »
Ban pedophiles and gays, problem solved.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
Ban pedophiles and gays, problem solved.

The Redundant US Department of Redundant Redundancies is working on that.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »
I didn't realize that PhDs came mail order.

Huh.  Have to check Amazon.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »

Cracker Jack's box.   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »

Her's was earned spread-eagle with sweaty old rich white men who use "social justice" as a pick-up line with coeds.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:31:25 PM »
She tries too hard to be intelligent, and it's just not something of which she is capable.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »
She tries too hard to be intelligent, and it's just not something of which she is capable.

She's got pompous down to an art, though.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
Quote from: BainsBane (12,515 posts)

90. I realize that guns are not necessary or even common in rape

They come in handy for killing, however. Criminals, or those with prior felonies, are not the only ones who kill. Toddlers have been fairly prolific of late, and even dogs have discharged guns. Then there are upstanding citizens like George Zimmerman and the other 500 plus CCW holders who have killed. I know of no evidence to suggest that most killers have prior felony convictions, but I welcome data that shows otherwise.

Okay - Ill bite.

I'm going to give you the best standing possible, and inflate your "500 Plus" figure to the maximum - 599.

I'm also going to add to that benefit by only using Florida's current CCW figure, not the entire country.

From http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm the number of active CCW permits in Florida as of 05/31/2013 totals 1,090,017

Basic math comes in at 0.055% total. And remember - that figure is inflated to your advantage. So, like the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial - you damaged your own case with your own evidence.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:12:53 PM »
So, like the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial - you damaged your own case with your own evidence.

Kinda shot herself in the ass, as it were?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 10:52:48 PM »
There's an old axiom that goes, "You can't win an argument with an idiot", because no matter what you say, they just shovel up some more idiocy to obscure the point. It is thus with most DUmmies, especially this one. In fact, the entire gun control crowd over there are supercilious, emotion-laden idiots.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 10:55:21 PM »
PhDD

Then there are upstanding citizens like George Zimmerman and the other 500 plus CCW holders who have killed.

Okay - Ill bite.

I'm going to give you the best standing possible, and inflate your "500 Plus" figure to the maximum - 599.

I'm also going to add to that benefit by only using Florida's current CCW figure, not the entire country.

From http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm the number of active CCW permits in Florida as of 05/31/2013 totals 1,090,017

Basic math comes in at 0.055% total. And remember - that figure is inflated to your advantage. So, like the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial - you damaged your own case with your own evidence.

PhDD is a silly old twat.

The 599 number makes no distinction between lawfully justified killings (defensive use of a firearm by a licenseholder against a deadly threat) and unlawful killings.

As a statistic, it is meaningless.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »
God, she is so stupid!!!!  :mental: She seems to be really obsessed about gun control and get ripped up over it. 
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Online DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 01:05:46 AM »

The 599 number makes no distinction between lawfully justified killings (defensive use of a firearm by a licenseholder against a deadly threat) and unlawful killings.

Worse, if there were a statistically significant percentage of homicides being committed by CCW holders, you could bet the farm that the anti-gun fascists would be buying up every available second of broadcast ad space to crow that figure from the rooftops.

They don't do that, ergo you may also bet the farm that 99.99999% of CCW shoots are as clean as wind driven snow.
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 05:24:59 AM »

It absolutely is -

But even if all 599 killings are unlawful -and all of them are in Florida- the statistical percentage is still damn near zero.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 05:30:47 AM »
Worse, if there were a statistically significant percentage of homicides being committed by CCW holders, you could bet the farm that the anti-gun fascists would be buying up every available second of broadcast ad space to crow that figure from the rooftops.

They don't do that, ergo you may also bet the farm that 99.99999% of CCW shoots are as clean as wind driven snow.

Even Zimmerman scored 1 shot=1 kill.   :II:

I know it was from 4 inches away, but stats is stats.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 06:06:23 AM »
It absolutely is -

But even if all 599 killings are unlawful -and all of them are in Florida- the statistical percentage is still damn near zero.

Good point.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Karin

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »
A particularly annoying (and childish) feature of her style is the use of "Oh so...." followed by a goofy strawman.  I can't read her stuff. 

PhDD, you put me in the mood to go gun shopping.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 08:24:37 AM »
Okay - Ill bite.

Also keep in mind that the actual number cited above of CCW holders in Florida is probably much less as in my case I have a non -resident CCW from Florida even though I have not been there in > 10 years. 

BTW Florida has excellent reciprocity with other states so when you add in my Mass, NH, R.I and Maine CCW licenses then I am legal to carry in 32 states.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:27:00 AM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »
Her's was earned spread-eagle with sweaty old rich white men who use "social justice" as a pick-up line with coeds.

And waving her large, once-attractive tits in their faces.

I'm surprised she didn't hit the alert button over the extremely-accurate but sex-based characterization of 'Hysteric,' though.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 09:25:31 AM »
And waving her large, once-attractive tits in their faces.

I'm surprised she didn't hit the alert button over the extremely-accurate but sex-based characterization of 'Hysteric,' though.

I wish :jugs:  :yahoo: would pick up a new cause to obssess over; this is getting rather old and stale.

Maybe natural feeding of infants should get her attention and concern.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »

Hers is from a matchbook.  The other side of the matchbook said "Can You Draw This Bunny?"
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »
Hers is from a matchbook.  The other side of the matchbook said "Can You Draw This Bunny?"

A filthy sodomite bunny.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
I wish :jugs:  :yahoo: would pick up a new cause to obssess over; this is getting rather old and stale.

Maybe natural feeding of infants should get her attention and concern.

Don't encourage her.   :o :lmao:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du