Author Topic: Primitive posts a boycott list.  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Karin

Re: Primitive posts a boycott list.
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »
I drove past our Cracker Barrell at the lunch hour today.  It was packed as usual.  I looked up its financial health on the Nadin machine.  Nice stable stock that's considered an attractive addition to your dividend portfolio. 

In other words, DUmmies, It's not working.  It never does. 

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2013, 09:06:13 AM »
Mojo2 (223 posts)

Businesses that I am Boycotting

Last edited Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:24 PM USA/ET - Edit history (7)

I refuse to spend any of my money with any of the following companies due to their support of the radical right agenda. I have recently added Whole Foods, but perhaps there are others that I am unaware of and someone could point them out for me. Although, I am just one consume (actually 4 if you count my family), these companies will not receive a penny from me in order to fund their hate machines:

Chik-Fil-A

Carl Jr's

White Castle-the Ohio-based burger chain, gave $25,000 to the Boehner-linked Congressional Leadership Fund Super PAC.

Cracker Barrel
Waffle House-he 24-hour breakfast food restaurant, gave Karl Rove’s group American Crossroads $100,000 from its corporate fund

Papa Johns-Papa has been a basher of Obama and the Affordable Care Act

Domino's-Owner is one of the head nuts for the extreme right wing

Whole Foods

Blue Bell Ice Cream-the ice cream manufacturer, gave $40,000 to the Boehner-linked Congressional Leadership Fund Super PAC

Regal Cinema- is an affiliate of AEG, whose parent company Anschutz Corporation is run by Philip Anschutz. He has made many political donations, including a $50,000 to the Boehner-linked Congressional Leadership Fund Super PAC

Marriot Hotels-is a subsidiary of Marriott International, whose chairman J.W. “Bill” Marriott, Jr. has contributed $1,000,000 to Mitt Romney’s Super PAC Restore Our Future.

Ritz Carlton-is a subsidiary of Marriott International, whose chairman J.W. “Bill” Marriott, Jr. has contributed $1,000,000 to Mitt Romney’s Super PAC Restore Our Future.

New Balance-the shoe company, is headed by Jim Davis who has donated $1,000,000 to Mitt Romney’s Super PAC Restore Our Future

Golds Gym-s a subsidiary of TRT Hodlings, a private corporation whose co-founder Robert Rowling has given more than $1,000,000 in total to American Crossroads and Mitt Romney’s Super PAC Restore Our Future

Curves (a gym that is mainly women, supports the defunding of Planned Parenthood and is against abortion rights)
Dixie Cup-s a subsidiary of Koch Industries, headed by Charles and David Koch who are planning to funnel approximately $400 million to groups like the National Rifle Association, Grover Norquist’s Americans for Tax Reform, the National Right to Life Committee, Ralph Reed’s Faith and Freedom Coalition, the 60 Plus Association and the American Future Fund.

Brawny Paper Towels-s a subsidiary of Koch Industries, headed by Charles and David Koch who are planning to funnel approximately $400 million to groups like the National Rifle Association, Grover Norquist’s Americans for Tax Reform, the National Right to Life Committee, Ralph Reed’s Faith and Freedom Coalition, the 60 Plus Association and the American Future Fund.

Angel Soft Toilet Paper-is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, headed by Charles and David Koch who are planning to funnel approximately $400 million to groups like the National Rifle Association, Grover Norquist’s Americans for Tax Reform, the National Right to Life Committee, Ralph Reed’s Faith and Freedom Coalition, the 60 Plus Association and the American Future

Georgia Pacific (Funny story, this company called me last week and said they had been referred to me through a headhunter and wanted to talk to me about either a full-time job or a consulting job. At this point, I interrupted the guy and said "not interested" and he said "I didnt even tell you about the position, salary or location", so I restated "not interested, I would never work for the enemy", a long pause then ensued. When the gent finally replied he stated "what do you mean enemy", so I said "I would never work for the Koch Brothers and the world would be a better place if they were dead" and I hung up.

Olive Garden

Dunkin Doughnuts

Home Depot-When Al Franken was running for Senate their CEO said that any business person who voted for Franken should be shot. He refused to apologize or even say that he was joking

Red Lobster

Applebee's-Cutting employee hours to do the end run around around Obamacare

Jimmy Johns-Anti union and against Affordable Care Act

WalMart-Anti union, poor employee benefits

Outback Steakhouse-Forced employees to make donations to GOP candidates, and let Rick Sanitarium use their corporate jet, like it was his personal car. Plus, they're pushing to lower the "tipped" minimum wage to servers.

Wyndham-NRA backer

Macy's-For continuing to utilize the master of hate Donald Trump

Charles Schwab-Large level of funding supporting the extreme right wing nut agenda.

Thanks for telling me where to go to from now on, you big DUmmy! :bird:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »
All that good stuff the DUmmy is going to miss out on... must be hell being a liberal.  You're your own worst enemy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
I wonder when JC Penny, will be added to the list?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Mate the whole goal of modern Liberalism is to make everyone equally miserable. Only then will life be "fair" and only then will the DUmmies be truly happy.

If the moonbats are ever happy.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2013, 05:19:22 AM »
If the moonbats are ever happy.

Ptarmy, even the rabbits know this maxim:  The moonbats aren't happy unless they're not happy, and spreading their misery to happy folk. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2013, 05:26:29 AM »

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:19 PM
Beacool (17,744 posts)
80. Life's too short.

I can't boycott every business who is owned or run by a conservative, unless the company has done something truly egregious.

Look at that - two threads now where reality oozes into their island bubble. 

The mods are slacking.